BGF in 2020 Smokies Senior HR Derby

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
That is awesome man. Whats going through your mind when Jeff is calling you cuz?
Trying to not listen...hard when he is right behind you. Hallsy and a few other LS/Demarini reps were gathered around the dish. I wanted to at least hit more than Johnny Bailey since I got my bat from him. We both only hit three. If you know that field, its 315,330,350,330,315. Wind was blowing kinda across and in. Tough conditions for righties. Most hit 2-4, winner hit 6.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Started off 3 of 4 but followed with 4 fence shots. Not what I wanted, however, hitting in front of hall of famers was a great experience.
Coming off pretty good with that JB
Just had one delivered yesterday.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Good stuff man! Takes a bold person to be brave enough to hit in front of the greats. No way I’d have the balls to get out there and swing in front of them.

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
Good hitting. In the HRD derby here in Colorado at our SSUSA tourney last Aug. nobody would go 1st. So I say whatever and get up there and hit 1/5

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Good hitting. In the HRD derby here in Colorado at our SSUSA tourney last Aug. nobody would go 1st. So I say whatever and get up there and hit 1/5

Going first is a lot better than going last. As time goes on it gets hot and the balls get hit a lot and mush up. At least if you're hitting first the balls are at their best.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
Good stuff man! Takes a bold person to be brave enough to hit in front of the greats. No way I’d have the balls to get out there and swing in front of them.
i am a nobody...so there is no pressure. Except from Johnny...we had a charity derby (25 pitches no takes) early in the year with the Easton Pro Finau Finau and Johnny...i got him by one.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
Going first is a lot better than going last. As time goes on it gets hot and the balls get hit a lot and mush up. At least if you're hitting first the balls are at their best.
truth...40s group hit last and ball had been out there for almost 2 hrs and hit by all...

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
truth...40s group hit last and ball had been out there for almost 2 hrs and hit by all...

We had a HR derby here once a few years ago that used stadium balls. It took place mid afternoon on a 95 degree day. As time went on you could feel and hear the balls mushing up. By the time the derby was over guys weren't really hitting them anymore. The balls got super soft from being hit a bunch of times and it being 95 degrees.

Given a choice, I'd always rather go early in a HR derby than later.