Blowing off softball for college football

jdsebastian85

The Veteran
We are all sports fans. Some more than others. As fall is beginning, college football season has too started. I had an opportunity to play in a tournament today with an awesome team, but I declined to go to the home opener for my favorite college football team. Not only was it great seats it was on row 1, right behind my teams bench. Best seats ever. Plus I got to take my 9 year old son. I had to work this morning, but I could have made it to the afternoon games. I had a blast. Does anyone else's college football addiction trump softball? Go CATS. Yeah, I know we suck.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
More to life than softball bro...

This. I'm good with 2 week nights of league to get out the house and play some ball. Time with wife and kids, work, NFL Sunday's, College football or family events Saturday's, MLB games, boxing events, etc etc etc... Way more to life than just softball...

Son turns 4 soon. Baseball & football practices along with his games are around the corner. Can't wait.

Go 'Noles (fan from across the country since the late 80's)

Last edited:

jdsebastian85

The Veteran
I definitely agree. My tournaments are probably done for the year because my son will be playing peewee football on Saturdays. It just seems like that is all some guys live for. I love the game, but there are many other things Ide rather be doing.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Family trumps softball any day of the week.
Glad you and your son had a blast; an experience you can still talk about when he's your age...

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
We are all sports fans. Some more than others. As fall is beginning, college football season has too started. I had an opportunity to play in a tournament today with an awesome team, but I declined to go to the home opener for my favorite college football team. Not only was it great seats it was on row 1, right behind my teams bench. Best seats ever. Plus I got to take my 9 year old son. I had to work this morning, but I could have made it to the afternoon games. I had a blast. Does anyone else's college football addiction trump softball? Go CATS. Yeah, I know we suck.

Tickets like this are hard to pass up. That said I'd rather play ball. Now if these were PRO tickets, I'd do that no question.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
You didn't choose great seats over softball. You chose to take your son to the game over softball. Big difference.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
You couldn't pay me to watch college football, but I'd always pick a family outing over softball.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have DVR. I'd rather play, but tournies never make down here because every one else would rather hang out at home.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Softball tournies here lose out to fishing and camping trips. Fact: Alaska is the only state without a college football team.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Go sparty go

:thumb: I support this statement

^^^This....Why on earth would I spend all day saturday in the sun, hungover by early evening, and nursing some chaffing all day sunday. Next week Dantoinio is taking the boys on a west coast business trip for respect. Not missing it. Go Green

A couple years ago I played on a sunday league for the summer, but told them up front I wasn't playing the fall session. Rainouts and such pushed the season til early October. Noone believed when I said the rain cut my season about 4 weeks short, but once the lions were on I was out.

RightSideHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I always say I'd rather play than watch. It doesn't matter what sport is on or if it's a league or tournament game. Playing trumps watching. However, time with your family ALWAYS trumps softball. Taking your son to the game and spending time with him is greater than anything you could do on a softball field.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
When your sons involved its always the right choice........BUT when not - having fun playin > watching guys have fun playin

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
I live in the southeast. You'd be playing pitch/catch by yourself on a Saturday during college football season.