Boombah Boss SR bat

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked one up cheap , very cheap and it was a pleasant surprise. For a balanced bat this thing hit very well right out of the wrapper. Its definitely a sleeper bat for sure- but for the price I know have 3 of them and they certainly outhit any of my combats but yes they are behind my Dudley, Miken and original reebok melee.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep, I've paid more than that for a BP bat. Buddy of mine has one and it hits well for him now that he's got a bunch of swings on it. But it is VERY balanced, like the black U2

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
I had one and liked it. I ended up moving it because it couldn't keep up with my HyperZ. I didn't put enough hits on it to get it fully broke in, but it felt like it had potential. I bought a 30oz because I really prefer endloaded bats and figured that a heavier stick might make up for it. I've thought about picking up another one, but don't think I'd put enough work into getting it broke in.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree with that take on the Boombah - now I owe it to myself to put about 300 swings on it and see how much this bat opens up - I mean c'mon guys a senior bat for $39.99 - thats why I own 3 of them.

B17

Where's Larsen?
Ditto on that . . . you asses. :mad:

I'm going to see how long one can last with my Ultimate Evils . :)

B17

Where's Larsen?
Better notify the local Airport lol
I will. Right after I pick up my Superman shirt from the dry cleaners.

It's gonna be fun! I haven't used my Ultimate Evils in a long time. Been collecting dust with all of my Hot Maxes.

96packers

OG Titletown
Sometimes habits are pricey or even cheap but we all collect extra's just because we can.... again bad habits...or good...??

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
3831 what Island are you on ? Im back and forth a lot to Maui and Oahu and could bring ya one.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I would say you will be much safer with the Ultimates than the Hot Maxes, but you could use the Hot Max to break it in faster

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Doing sweetspot location tests this bat has the sweetspot much closer to the handle than my Adidas. I prefer bats with it closer to the end cap but will give this one some BP time and see

Doug

Old and Grumpy
Doing sweetspot location tests this bat has the sweetspot much closer to the handle than my Adidas. I prefer bats with it closer to the end cap but will give this one some BP time and see

I'm the same way. I believe if memory serves correct it all started with an OG Combat Antivirus that advertised something like "sweetspot closer to end of barrel for 5% more bat speed at contact" or something like that. I stand away from the plate and even with dropping 2 fingers still get most of my ball marks from the middle of the barrel out.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Sweetspot location test? Would that be tapping it against a telephone pole and seeing where it has more of a rebound feel?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Actually I use a ball and toss it against the barrel up and down. Its very easy to hear and feel the most effective hitting area that way. Been doing that since the 90s

Dogue

Evil Genius
I figured you'd have some fancy bat/ball testing machine down in the basement of your Evil lair.