Bubba Club

BONECRUSHER33

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 28 and a 27 bubba club. Love the 28 oz, but cant stand the 27. Really haven't figured out why yet, maybe the EL. I'll swing it 5-7 times in bp then just put it down. Just not fun to hit for me compared to the 28. It will be up on the trade block soon.

lukeamdman

First swing with the bubba was a HR. First swing of the second game was also a HR!

Overall I was only 5/9 on the night but I'm rusty. I missed over half of the spring season because of a broken ankle.

I'm definitely sold though, and I think it has only begun to open up. This thing destroys Classic Ms.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I know this a old post but finally got to hit today about 2 months since I had a chance to hit busted out the club and was smoking the ball a few pushing 370 380, i have around 250 swings on it and I may just us it as a gamer now.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I can’t swing bats with that much whip. I can’t swing balanced bats. I can’t swing bats with a 2 oz endload that feels like .5. I can’t swing 14” barrels... I’m beginning to think it’s me.

It’s obviously the bats.

Have you learning nothing grasshopper?

You are not ready to snatch the Blue Dot from Chile’s hand...

D-ROCK13

First swings with my 28 last night, straight out of wrapper. Doesn't feel super endloaded but man does this thing come through the zone fast. I was so far out in front that I hit off the end cap twice & fouled out down lf line both at bats, decided I need some bp to get the timing down right lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
First swings with my 28 last night, straight out of wrapper. Doesn't feel super endloaded but man does this thing come through the zone fast. I was so far out in front that I hit off the end cap twice & fouled out down lf line both at bats, decided I need some bp to get the timing down right lol
It's probably all mental. Every ball you've ever hit well with another bat would be on that ten inch barrel. It just looks small until you get used to it.

D-ROCK13

It's probably all mental. Every ball you've ever hit well with another bat would be on that ten inch barrel. It just looks small until you get used to it.

I agree, I think the short barrel and endload increased my bat speed just enough to finish too early. Could also be mental though

dunkky

but if you swing lighter bat, that will screw you up with timing until you get used to it. did it swing lighter for you?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

The endload on the Bubba is quite a bit less than you'd think. Almost disappointingly so.

D-ROCK13

Doesn't feel light overall and the endload feels about the same as the 17 helmer ive been swinging, but if feels like it whips through the zone faster. May have been all mental, hopefully ill get some bp this weekend with it as I only swung it for 2 at bats and went back to the helmer

D-ROCK13

Finally got to put a few cuts on the club last night, you guys were correct, all mental. Had zero issues finding the sweetspot, even when going oppo, and I really enjoyed swinging it. Fireflex is very responsive from swing 1 for sure, distance and exit speed was right with my 17 helmer with thousands of hits. Don't foresee the smaller barrel causing any issues and ill game it from now on.

D-ROCK13

Finally got around 300 on the club, haven't been able to hit at all except during games this season so its been slow. Barrel has gotten a little softer and the crack at contact is a little louder. I'm loving the short barrel for sure

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
whoooo.... feels good to be back here.

Bubba Club is such a fun bat to swing. I have a 27oz as my BP bat. (webbed to hell too). Once I BP with this thing and switch back to either my Canadian helmer or redline helmer. It feels like the whole barrel is a sweetspot.

D-ROCK13

Im closing in on 500 now thanks to a couple rounds of bp, finally. I love this bat, have no issues at all, It fits my swing very nicely and haven't seen a single other one around here

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im closing in on 500 now thanks to a couple rounds of bp, finally. I love this bat, have no issues at all, It fits my swing very nicely and haven't seen a single other one around here
500 swings on an Easton without breaking it or failing compression these days is just another reason to love it.

D-ROCK13

500 swings on an Easton without breaking it or failing compression these days is just another reason to love it.

I agree and it doesn't even show any rash or paint scuffing yet, just ball marks. My 17 helmer is still going strong, Id guess over 5k, no way it passes compression though

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

The Bubba Club will fail compression. I know a guy who has one that tests under 200. It didn't take a ton of swings to get it there either. All the Fireflex models lose compression fast.