Buying new glove, need feedback

Softball.com:

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
So looking for a new glove, needing some help finding the right glove for me. Currently use an Anderson CL 135 (13 1/2"). Love it, has a nice deep pocket and just a perfect size.

Checked out the Easton NE13 Natural Elite Fielding Glove (13") the other day, pretty similar in size, would be nice if it had a little deeper pocket.

Any suggestions on a glove somewhat similar to the Easton that would provide a deeper pocket? Thanks!

Centxballer

Donkey Punch King
The customer gloves here on the site can fit your needs but may be out of your $$. I have been using A2000's for about 4 years and just recently picked up a Boombah 12.5 and they all fit the bill. Look around alot out there, but if you can try some out before hand would be the best bet.

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
Get a Vinci, but you are going to have to drop $150.

I have no problem with price. I have had this Andersen for 7 years now. I just want to get something that is as close as possible in shape/size/pocket as this one is.

The customer gloves here on the site can fit your needs but may be out of your $$. I have been using A2000's for about 4 years and just recently picked up a Boombah 12.5 and they all fit the bill. Look around alot out there, but if you can try some out before hand would be the best bet.

Not a lot of store options around here. ***** Spoting Goods just doesn't have anything, went to Hibbet Sports and thats where I tried the Easton out.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I have no problem with price. I have had this Andersen for 7 years now. I just want to get something that is as close as possible in shape/size/pocket as this one is.

I am not familiar with your current glove but I can tell you wihtout a doubt Vinci's have big and wide pockets. They are made for softball so they have the softball pocket, not a baseball pocket. Check out the Vinci forum and if you post there people will help you out.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
I too have been looking for another glove for about a month and a half. My 15 year old Ralings 13 1/2" is getting pretty floppy and splitting between the fingers a little bit. I too have been leaning towards the Easton NE but the 14". Can get them pretty cheap at a couple of online retailers. I just don't want to break the $100 barrier and that glove is damn comfy for the price.

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
I am not familiar with your current glove but I can tell you wihtout a doubt Vinci's have big and wide pockets. They are made for softball so they have the softball pocket, not a baseball pocket. Check out the Vinci forum and if you post there people will help you out.

I'll check out the forum, thanks.

illete

Addicted to Softballfans
Definitely not here to argue with the fine folks @ Vinci, they make AWESOME gloves.. But just to throw our hat in the ring, you might check out www.glovesmith.com and see if there is anything over there that might be of interest to you. If so, feel free to ask any questions and I'd be happy to help you with anything.. And if you do go with Vinci, get ahold of smarkley3 on the board.. Very knowledgeable, and super easy to deal with..

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to compare pocket of a brand new glove with a broken in one. Over time the pocket on the NE13 will expand with break in so it may well match exactly what you are looking for in a pocket.

Simmer17

Addicted to Softballfans
My advice is to be patient and buy a good glove made of quality leather. I bought a cheapish Rawlings Gold last season hoping it would break in fast. It's damn near broken down already. I will not skimp on glove or shoe quality from now on...

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
Hard to compare pocket of a brand new glove with a broken in one. Over time the pocket on the NE13 will expand with break in so it may well match exactly what you are looking for in a pocket.

Good point. Do the pockets on Eastons tend to expand after broken in well?

Bullets#57

Another vote for Vinci. Since you are using a 13.5" and like it, check out the Vinci TJ1952-L. It is a 13.5" H-web and has a DEEP pocket.

derickatm

Addicted to Softballfans
I too have been looking for another glove for about a month and a half. My 15 year old Ralings 13 1/2" is getting pretty floppy and splitting between the fingers a little bit. I too have been leaning towards the Easton NE but the 14". Can get them pretty cheap at a couple of online retailers. I just don't want to break the $100 barrier and that glove is damn comfy for the price.

for you, i'd recommend this...

http://www.softballfans.com/shop/product.php?productid=1456&cat=131&page=1

Robby123

Had a Nokona and a Vinci . Prefer the vinci b/c it just fits me better. Nokona is american made and a great glove as well its all in whats the most comfortable for you although my vinci is amazing and the Reps on here are great to work with. ie smarkley3 he was very patient with me and after I told him what I needed He put me on a great glove at a great price. Its best to try one on but when you can't its nice to have some good customer service to help you out.

DMob29

Addicted to Softballfans
I am on my 2nd Easton NE series and love it. I get the 14" model and the only issue is after a solid year it starts to get a little floppy. Paid $45 for it shipped on ebay!