c405 vs c555

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
IIRC, C555 is harder and will take more force to flex, but if you can get it to flex it will be very responsive. The C405 is a bit "softer" and easier to flex on a consistent basis for the average hitter and is responsive in its own right. C555 will likely be the more durable of the two.

From experience, I preferred my C405 bats over the C555 bats.

angryelf22

Addicted to Softballfans
I've tried talking to both, and neither one seemed very responsive...they just sat there... :)

Just kidding...what BigBL87 said. I tend to lean to the C405 vs. the C555 given that choice. I've found the CU31 alloy to be very flexible and responsive also...

Last edited:

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I'll echo the statements above: C405 is more responsive, but less durable than C555. Why the C555 was introduced at the same time as softer balls began seeing more use is beyond me.

Considering todays prominence in 275 and 375 balls, I'd think C405 > C555.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
We have an old TPX C405 bat for our single wall coed league team! It is by far the best bat on the team with the exception of the white steel!

LineRich

Addicted to Softballfans
IIRC, C555 is harder and will take more force to flex, but if you can get it to flex it will be very responsive. The C405 is a bit "softer" and easier to flex on a consistent basis for the average hitter and is responsive in its own right. C555 will likely be the more durable of the two.

Perfect assessment imho...I've always liked C405 better.

JoeG3

Doesnt matter, had sex

MO, I'd go with this as well.

Weren't the best DDWs all c405?

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!

^^^^^ x2 ^^^^

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I've tried talking to both, and neither one seemed very responsive...they just sat there... :)

Just kidding...what BigBL87 said. I tend to lean to the C405 vs. the C555 given that choice. I've found the CU31 alloy to be very flexible and responsive also...[/QUOTE]

Yep. I've hit balls every bit as far with CU31 green ESTs as any c405 bat. I almost like the CU31 better because it's more durable.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!

Just kidding...what BigBL87 said. I tend to lean to the C405 vs. the C555 given that choice. I've found the CU31 alloy to be very flexible and responsive also...[/QUOTE]

Yep. I've hit balls every bit as far with CU31 green ESTs as any c405 bat. I almost like the CU31 better because it's more durable.
What metal is under the composite shell in the 3DX's? C405?

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
In HS baseball the tpx C555 platinum was the best bat i ever had. straight bomb dropper, but i never got to swing a c555 softball bat

jaj23

Eye Baller

I agree with this...

I found that most of the C555 bats I had dented up easier than my C405 bats

Last edited by a moderator:

blakcherry329

I don't think durability will matter, nowadays. The balls are softer(no homo:D), so the denting will be at a minimum. I still use my Carl Rose Special Edition, c405 circa 1990, from time to time. No dents, a few slight waves, but no dents. I would definitely go with c405.

pimawarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO, the Worth Gold EST C555 alloy was one of the best double wall bats around prior to the introduction of composite bats. Dropped some bombs with that baby and had no problem flexing the walls on that bad boy. Still have two in my bat bag:D:D:D

jaj23

Eye Baller
What metal is under the composite shell in the 3DX's? C405?

I emailed Worth and this was their reply:

I don't remember what the alloy was, but it was the highest on the market at the time.

Trena Hutchins
Lead Customer Service Rep
Worth Sports/Gait-Debeer Lacrosse

I'm guessing it was C555 since the 3DX came out in 1999 and that was the same year the C555 alloy came out.

To me it feels like C555 which is probably why I didn't like the 3DX as much as I liked my SSEST.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I emailed Worth and this was their reply:

I don't remember what the alloy was, but it was the highest on the market at the time.

Trena Hutchins
Lead Customer Service Rep
Worth Sports/Gait-Debeer Lacrosse

I'm guessing it was C555 since the 3DX came out in 1999 and that was the same year the C555 alloy came out.

To me it feels like C555 which is probably why I didn't like the 3DX as much as I liked my SSEST.

That would make sense, considering their ridiculous durability.

ktown808

The Unknowns
The one good C555 bat was the TPS C555 singlewall model that I remember. That bat smoked the ball.

The orange and black one right? If so I agree! I still have mines I bought a longtime ago. Has waves but still hits as far as many composites I used.