Co ED Horror Stories

makinthemagic

Part Time Player
My coed team was getting blown out late in a game one Friday night 2 years ago. The opposing team decided to switch up positions for the final inning or 2. This put one of their biggest (6' 200+ lbs), best guys on 3rd and an average, at best, talented girl on 1st. The girl had been drinking during game. I don't think she was drunk but she probably had a buzz going. One of our girls comes up to bat and hit a swinging bunt towards 3rd. The 3rd baseman takes his time fielding the ball and throws a lollipop to 1st. The batter should have been out by 20', but because the throw was so slow and the batter hustled, she was out by 2". The other team then yelled at the 3rd baseman for playing too slowly. They remind him to throw the ball hard next time.

The next batter is a big but slow guy. He takes a big swing but hits another swinging bunt towards 3rd. It's an instant replay of the prior hit. The ironic part is that this batter was much slower than the prior girl. He was nearly 300lbs. The 3rd baseman could have lollipopped this throw too and still had the out by 10'. Instead, the 3rd baseman moves quickly, fields the ball, crow hops and fires. I estimate the ball was thrown at 70+mph. The ball just barely tipped the top of the 1st basegirl's mitt and hit her square in the mouth. Luckily there were a couple medical students on my team who quickly ran out to manage the situation. I think we found 2 teeth in the dirt and there were another 2 teeth that were twisted around in her mouth. There was blood everywhere. The girl was helped off the field under her own power. On Friday night at 10pm I'm not sure where you go to fix dental injuries like that except the emergency room? After that I'm really careful about putting girls at first as I can throw just as hard as the 3rd baseman did. I also tend not to encourage drinking during the game, especially for people at hot positions.

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
My coed team was getting blown out late in a game one Friday night 2 years ago. The opposing team decided to switch up positions for the final inning or 2. This put one of their biggest (6' 200+ lbs), best guys on 3rd and an average, at best, talented girl on 1st. The girl had been drinking during game. I don't think she was drunk but she probably had a buzz going. One of our girls comes up to bat and hit a swinging bunt towards 3rd. The 3rd baseman takes his time fielding the ball and throws a lollipop to 1st. The batter should have been out by 20', but because the throw was so slow and the batter hustled, she was out by 2". The other team then yelled at the 3rd baseman for playing too slowly. They remind him to throw the ball hard next time.

The next batter is a big but slow guy. He takes a big swing but hits another swinging bunt towards 3rd. It's an instant replay of the prior hit. The ironic part is that this batter was much slower than the prior girl. He was nearly 300lbs. The 3rd baseman could have lollipopped this throw too and still had the out by 10'. Instead, the 3rd baseman moves quickly, fields the ball, crow hops and fires. I estimate the ball was thrown at 70+mph. The ball just barely tipped the top of the 1st basegirl's mitt and hit her square in the mouth. Luckily there were a couple medical students on my team who quickly ran out to manage the situation. I think we found 2 teeth in the dirt and there were another 2 teeth that were twisted around in her mouth. There was blood everywhere. The girl was helped off the field under her own power. On Friday night at 10pm I'm not sure where you go to fix dental injuries like that except the emergency room? After that I'm really careful about putting girls at first as I can throw just as hard as the 3rd baseman did. I also tend not to encourage drinking during the game, especially for people at hot positions.

lololololololol "I also tend not to encourage drinking during the game, especially for people at hot positions" are you serious dude? lol 1. it's co-ed 2. it's softball 3. drinking should always be encouraged!

thaynes

Any time a guy makes a play the other team shouts 'LET THE GIRLS PLAY'. Well one game long time ago we had this gal on my own team playing LF and I'm at SS. Base hit to left she fields it and attempts to throw home and I cut the ball off by the infield grass because there is no way we'll get the runner anyway and she yells at me 'LET THE GIRLS PLAY'

I played rc and my coaches wife was in rf. She pulled her already iffy hamstring earlier. 2 balls got smoked her way over her head cuz she cant really move. I wave her off both times and tell her to stop running because of her hamstring and.... Yea let's the girls play. You can't see her very noticeable Gimp buddy?

thaynes

lololololololol "I also tend not to encourage drinking during the game, especially for people at hot positions" are you serious dude? lol 1. it's co-ed 2. it's softball 3. drinking should always be encouraged!

Obviously you haven't read this thread or you would see all the girls who had their mouths smashed by a ball unimpaired. You think drinking won't make it worse? You're right its softball, no reason to lose teeth or shatter your jaw. Tool

Tylervalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I watched a game a couple years ago, the team was getting smashed then the girl pither took a shot off the leg. She got mad and walked off and the team had to forefit. I like coed but hate the rules about positions, put 3 girls in the OF, one at 2nd and catcher.

thaynes

I've played every other position for the field. Never heard that way before. Having 3 girls out there is just foolish

Tylervalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I've played every other position for the field. Never heard that way before. Having 3 girls out there is just foolish

I was just saying I hate positions have to be b,g,b,g. I'd put 3 in the OF just to minimize risk if they weren't capable players, leave guys at 3rd, 1st and P.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Anyone else ever played/picked up on a team so bad defensively (guys and girls both) that you just start trying to strike people out or hope they shoot middle? Two weeks ago, I did. i picked up with them and had to pitch because no one else would/could.

injury

Star Player
Anyone else ever played/picked up on a team so bad defensively (guys and girls both) that you just start trying to strike people out or hope they shoot middle? Two weeks ago, I did. i picked up with them and had to pitch because no one else would/could.

Close to that one last week but I was subbing at LC after a long hot day in an attic and playing my game before this one. I suspect they were just losing on purpose since they got moved up this season and weren't happy about it, which I can't figure out why they didn't ust take a forfeit instead of having 3 from my team sub for them.

Example 1 their girl in left, lazy grounder out to her stops 5 feet in front of her. I had to run over from LC to get the ball since she wasn't moving. Example 2 base hit to me field it fire it in, after that inning I'm running in and short stop (who couldn't stop a ball to save his life) told me not to bother with trying since they didn't care. Lucky for me they had a guy show up I told him to grab my spot and went and rested my old cramping legs.

Real annoying playing in a bit of pain and the team you are subbing for doesn't even give a damn about the game.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I suspect they were just losing on purpose since they got moved up this season and weren't happy about it, which I can't figure out why they didn't ust take a forfeit instead of having 3 from my team sub for them.

In my town if you forfeit two games in a season you lose your right to come back as a returning team. Meaning there is no guarantee you get a spot in any of the leagues next year and surprisingly enough the last league to fill up is the higher level league.

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
Not so much a horror story as a sad story. I ump/run a coed league on Sundays in my small town. Opening weekend last Sunday and one team has a girl who's never played catching. She was just terrible, but through talking to her, she said she was having fun. I think she was 0-2or3 on the day and comes up the last time. She FINALLY gets a hit and is gonna make it to first...hits the base weird, tears her ACL. Poor girl.

Scutch

Addicted to Softballfans
I play in a Sunday co-Ed team with my wife and I enjoy it . We play on different teams (but same sponser) so once in awhile I'll sub on her team and play with. She is a monster with a glove on her hand, plays 3rd, will dive after everything. Told her one time and one time only to be careful, got "the look" and never said anything about it again. Guys will joke that she is better than me and I just say "damn right, thats why i married her." It puts a smile on her face. I enjoy it, I play In a B and a C during the week so I'm just looking to have fun, drink some beers, hand out high fives to the girls wether they make a good play or bad or just hit the ball hard. Once you break the game down and just stop worrying about it you'll have fun.

Devil Dog

You like soup?
I play in a Sunday co-Ed team with my wife and I enjoy it . We play on different teams (but same sponser) so once in awhile I'll sub on her team and play with. She is a monster with a glove on her hand, plays 3rd, will dive after everything. Told her one time and one time only to be careful, got "the look" and never said anything about it again. Guys will joke that she is better than me and I just say "damn right, thats why i married her." It puts a smile on her face. I enjoy it, I play In a B and a C during the week so I'm just looking to have fun, drink some beers, hand out high fives to the girls wether they make a good play or bad or just hit the ball hard. Once you break the game down and just stop worrying about it you'll have fun.

Where's the "horror story"?

That she's better than you?

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans

Here is the horror^^^^^^^^^

mattun

Internet Tough Guy

I was on a new team (like shaking hands at the first game) that had 8 girls, 4 guys. 1 of the guys was the manager who was so bad he didn't want to play the field. The outfielder guy slung everything sidearm like he had a torn rotator cuff or something. The SS guy was a sieve. At least the girls at 3B and 1B were solid and the girl in CF could catch if it was near her. First game, "hey, you're pitching". Most hopeless feeling I've ever had on the mound. I think I was involved in like 15 of the 21 outs via strikeout, putout, or assist and the girl at 3B made the other 6.

GloveJunky

The Rookie
Necro for a fun/interesting thread.

Story 1

Last Tuesday's co-ed game, I'm playing LC. This RH bruiser hits a routine grounder to 3B... except our guy at 3B has the mobility of a school bus and doesn't come up with a ball that would have been within arm's reach had he been in the right position (he was shifted way over for some unknown reason). Anywho, the ball trickles into the outfield and our LF snags it and lobs it to 1B for the out.

Yep, we got the out. I'm thinking to myself "that damn play took two and a half minutes... how the hell did we get the out?" Then I see a bunch of commotion at the plate. The batter tripped over plate and buried her teeth on the other side. In her defense, this field is a train wreck and has the sandpit-batters-box that's typical of leagues that are just barely getting by.

Story 2

Playing in an intra-company league (all teams are from various divisions of a huge manufacturing company here in town), we're in the field. One team is comprised of a bunch of guys who live and breathe for this one night in the week. Seriously, you'd think they were all 'roid-raging AAA'ers just waiting for the call-up. This clown - who's probably 6'4" / 260lbs - comes barreling in at home with our C sitting BEHIND the plate with her arm stretched way out to make the tag. She's nowhere near the baseline or the extended baseline on the other side of the plate. He trucks her head-first with everything he's got... lays her ass out COLD. Ass couldn't even muster an apology... just a !@#$-eating grin that said "that's ball, lady... can't wait for the ESPN highlight." The only thing more appalling was our team's total lack of a response. There should have been 12 people on top of this guy spiking his eyeballs out of his head.

On a more general note, my biggest beefs with co-ed are

1) Chicks who no-show week to week with little to no warning. They just don't seem to grasp that people are depending on them and that their absence wastes the time (and money) of their teammates. Each sex has their issues - on the field and off - but women can be bloody oblivious to how their actions affect others.

2) I hate to say it because it's been mocked a bit in this thread, but guys who genuinely won't let the girls play really get under my skin. Aside from it just being insulting to the women, it can create very dangerous situations due to the added chaos. I posted a thread a week or two ago about this: drunk hilljack at 1B is playing 5 or 6 steps off his female 2B, obviously with the intent of playing both 1B and 2B. The batter (110# female) hits a dribbler to 2B. 1B gets in front of her to snag the ball, then gets up to speed hauling it to 1B. Idiot gets there at the same time as the batter and runs THROUGH the bag, taking her out and landing on top of her.

There seems to be two schools of thought on co-ed. One is that the women are playing a sport and assume all of the risks (guys with cannons but no control gunning it from 3B, SS, LF; take-out slides at 2B; etc). The other side is that, hey, this is co-ed: if you really can't tone it down and need to be THAT competitive, quit playing co-ed.

I tend to fall somewhere in the middle. I don't have a problem hitting at a female 2B if she's weak. It's not my problem that a team can't field semi-competent players. But at the same time, I'm not going to try to break up a DP in co-ed, no matter who's covering the bag, nor am I going to hit middle. It's co-ed.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
Story 2

This clown - who's probably 6'4" / 260lbs - comes barreling in at home with our C sitting BEHIND the plate with her arm stretched way out to make the tag. She's nowhere near the baseline or the extended baseline on the other side of the plate. He trucks her head-first with everything he's got... lays her ass out COLD. Ass couldn't even muster an apology... just a !@#$-eating grin that said "that's ball, lady... can't wait for the ESPN highlight." The only thing more appalling was our team's total lack of a response. There should have been 12 people on top of this guy spiking his eyeballs out of his head.

I'da got fired if I was there. That ish ain't right.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
tumblr_m9szw7KIOy1qhcsyw.gif

So was she ok or did she fold up and start crying?

glancy21

Starting Player
I'll be playing in my first co-ed tourney in two weeks...this thread has me a little worried...lol

Last edited:

LBB_82

Master Craftsman...
it is not as bad as the stories make it out to be... Hell, some of the dudes are worse than the chicks some time..lol

GloveJunky

The Rookie
it is not as bad as the stories make it out to be... Hell, some of the dudes are worse than the chicks some time..lol

This. Most of the problems I see in co-ed are the result of over zealous meatheads who too easily forget they're amateurs playing with women.

jimrat201

Addicted to Softballfans
Co ed team forfeited 2 games during the season and made the playoffs with a win on the last game of the season and team was pumped for making the playoffs until the league informed the manager that a new rule implemented this year that a team that forfeits 2 games during the season is automatically eliminated from being in the playoffs lol