Combatants say your randoms part 8

whogotz

dilligaf?
favorite comedians? need some new up and coming names: big fan of louis ck and of course most other mainstream names

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i in murrieta ca, prob about 70ish right now
lsx- i either am watching my girls or at the gym or umping or wasting time here

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
i in murrieta ca, prob about 70ish right now
lsx- i either am watching my girls or at the gym or umping or wasting time here

Hah Im sure it is nice out there Ive got some family in San Diego. When they come home for christmas they freeze their asses off.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
today's high 58
tomorrow 22
wednesday 25

VA weather is all jacked up

Our weather isn't bad, but the National Weather Service just interrupted MSNBC to issue a Winter Storm warning for Wednesday. That's some thing I've never seen before. People act like they've never seen snow down here. It just snowed for 15 minutes 4 years ago.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Not that anyone cares but me :), but I set a new personal record on the bench press Friday and a new personal record on the military press today. ND has gotten into Mobility WOD to mobilize my very immobile lower body (primarily hips and ankles). There are good and bad weeks in weight lifting...the last week has been pretty good. I'd offer up my new 1-rep maxes, but I don't want to embarrass myself, LOL.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Not that anyone cares but me :), but I set a new personal record on the bench press Friday and a new personal record on the military press today. ND has gotten into Mobility WOD to mobilize my very immobile lower body (primarily hips and ankles). There are good and bad weeks in weight lifting...the last week has been pretty good. I'd offer up my new 1-rep maxes, but I don't want to embarrass myself, LOL.

As long as you're doing more than the bar you're good ;)

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Whatever. You're stronger than most guys here, I'd imagine. People always have these numbers in their head of how strong they think they are, but in my experiences the reality is harsh for most of them.

LSX are you on xbox or ps?

He's on PS3. Anyone here have PS4?

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i am not a heavy lifter, i value my flexibility and joints.
i do 250 push ups and 120 pull ups a day then go to the gym 4-6 days a week
usually 3 sets of 8-10 reps
i mash so i will not be caring about 1 rep max...but good for you

total sarcasm here...i am just a lil guy who just started actual consistent gym workouts...sheriffs academy doesnt value heavy lifting

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
I do crossfit 5-6 days a week. I haven't done 1 reps in a while. I try to go 4-6 months between attempting new ones

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The 1RM's he's talking about aren't actually one rep. Wendler uses a calculation to figure it out from your sets. Triples are the most accurate but it works with any set. I've found it to be very accurate over the years.
Also I dig crossfit. Just be careful your programming isn't killing you. Those 5 day a week met-con boxes scare me.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I've never actually tried to put up a 1rm, but it is a gauge that lets me know what, if any, progress I'm making. I know this...I'm a lot stronger than I was when I started weight lifting 18 months ago. I just hope maybe it'll show up in the batter's box this year, LOL. Fingers crossed :).

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
core strength is huge...i lost 20 lbs preparing and during academy, havent lost any power but gained alot of strength
we would do circuits and 3 set weight training with body weight exercises between sets and a ton of track and long distance

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
core strength is huge...i lost 20 lbs preparing and during academy, havent lost any power but gained alot of strength
we would do circuits and 3 set weight training with body weight exercises between sets and a ton of track and long distance
I agree that core strength is a big deal. I'm trying to strengthen mine. Deadlifts will help. I've been doing the ab wheel once a week and band twists once a week. I'm adding planks this week and possibly russian twists. I've read stuff about crunches, weighted crunches, weighted leg raises, etc, but my preference is ab exercises that stabilize the corps while strengthening it.

and what an asshat...not u fly
HAHA! The funny part is that I read the other two before I read this one. Well played, sir. :bigok:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
LSX are you on xbox or ps?
PS3. LSX_Freak
Good stuff man! Doesn't matter how much you do, as long ad you're seeing improvement and happy with the results.

That being said, I'm glad you didn't post your 1RM's.... I'd feel like a weakling :eek:

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Good stuff man! Doesn't matter how much you do, as long ad you're seeing improvement and happy with the results.

That being said, I'm glad you didn't post your 1RM's.... I'd feel like a weakling :eek:
Thanks :). As for that last comment...in my very best Bugs Bunny voice, "He don't know me vewy well, do he?"

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
He don't know me very well either.. Lol. Just because I work out a lot doesn't mean I'm strong. I'm weak. :(

Captain Clobber

Chilling in the Harbor
All this warm weather south....I am moving within 3 years...I cannot do SoCal (too many people), Florida I like during worlds....but couldn't really stay there....I think Texas, Arizona, or the Carolinas.