Combatants say your randoms part 8

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I can't let the training section bros know I'm weak. They already know I can't hit. My mystery strength is all I have left!

Haha! I just embrace my weakness and fully admit it. Just like I embrace my suckness with a bat and admit that :eek:. ND is the only one who truly knows my lifting, lol.

I will say, I was pathetically weak 18 months ago, and I have gained a good deal of strength in that time. I just need it to show up on the field now, LOL.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
flutter kicks. mt climbers, and bear crawls (front/back/and side to side) are great for core
some great core strength stuff on you tube

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Do people just not understand how iTrader works? I just had two guys that I already gave ratings for go onto my page and rate me as well. Doesn't everyone know that once one person does it you have to click on the button that shows you participated in that deal with them?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha! I just embrace my weakness and fully admit it. Just like I embrace my suckness with a bat and admit that :eek:. ND is the only one who truly knows my lifting, lol.

I will say, I was pathetically weak 18 months ago, and I have gained a good deal of strength in that time. I just need it to show up on the field now, LOL.
Same here... I have gained a considerable amount of weight since I graduated HS (2007). I always get down on myself about it, but then look at the other side of it as I wasn't this strong back then. Sure I could afford to lose 40 or 50, but I think I'm better off now than I was 3 years ago when I first started working out serious.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Same here... I have gained a considerable amount of weight since I graduated HS (2007). I always get down on myself about it, but then look at the other side of it as I wasn't this strong back then. Sure I could afford to lose 40 or 50, but I think I'm better off now than I was 3 years ago when I first started working out serious.

At least you're working out. I weigh around 100lbs more than I did at HS graduation. I'm about 50/50 (literally) good and bad weight and I'm rarely working out other than playing ball twice a week and soccer on the weekend.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
At least you're working out. I weigh around 100lbs more than I did at HS graduation. I'm about 50/50 (literally) good and bad weight and I'm rarely working out other than playing ball twice a week and soccer on the weekend.

That's kind of how I feel about it. At least I'm in here. I've made vast improvements in strength since I first started working out. People who know me say they hear about me going to the gym all the time and expect me to be shredded. I weigh about the same but I've doubled in strength.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
freak, is the combatant game ready or does it need a few swings?

i weigh 10lbs heavier then HS. i almost got to the 200 mark before academy but lost 20 getting ready. i never got on a scale but if you look at photos of before i started traing and today holy **** i was a fat face

if you mix a good core strength circuit with standard weight training, results will be awesome (eat what fuels your body, not crap)

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I still have another ~20 pounds I should lose (was at 204 this morning)

That's kind of how I feel about it. At least I'm in here. I've made vast improvements in strength since I first started working out. People who know me say they hear about me going to the gym all the time and expect me to be shredded. I weigh about the same but I've doubled in strength.
The thing I had to come to grips with is that there is no such thing as overnight muscle definition, lol. We live in such an "instant" society that we're taught by almost everything we read and see that results should be instantaneous. To build muscle and build definition, it just doesn't work like that. I can see changes in my body, but I also know I have a long way to go.

The key for me is the "vast improvements in strength" you mentioned. My bench max has increased by 57 percent in the last 18 months...military press has increased 137 percent. The hard part for me has been deadlifts and squats. My groin pull last summer and the long recovery from that really stunted any growth there. I've seen my deadlifts increase, but I've got some mobility work to do before getting back to squats. If I try to do them as-is, it puts way too much strain on my back.

i weigh 10lbs heavier then HS. i almost got to the 200 mark before academy but lost 20 getting ready. i never got on a scale but if you look at photos of before i started traing and today holy **** i was a fat face

if you mix a good core strength circuit with standard weight training, results will be awesome (eat what fuels your body, not crap)
I look back at some past pictures of me, and I just chuckle. My wife showed me a photo from 2005 of me in a suit (which is a rarity), and I just laughed. I was hoping the suit was making me look chunky, but I know better.

And that last statement is ridiculously true, and it's what I hate most about myself. My will-power and discipline in my diet is just pathetic. Pathetic. I'm trying to do better with that now, so we'll see how it goes.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Eating clean is 90% of it, IMO. That's where people fail most often. It's hard to do.
Truth. Truth. And truth.

People want six-pack abs, and they think the ab roller or the ab carver pro or more crunches or leg lifts or whatever will give them that. The fact of the matter is no one will have the "six-pack" if they don't eat clean. Diet and cardio.

It is definitely where I fail. And it is definitely hard to do. There is so much processed junk that tastes good and is easy to buy.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
eat real food, not processed stuff. good proteins, fruits, vegetables, and the right kind of carbs
really kinda simple once i started doing it

doing 250 push ups and 120 pull ups a day helps

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Truth. Truth. And truth.

People want six-pack abs, and they think the ab roller or the ab carver pro or more crunches or leg lifts or whatever will give them that. The fact of the matter is no one will have the "six-pack" if they don't eat clean. Diet and cardio.

It is definitely where I fail. And it is definitely hard to do. There is so much processed junk that tastes good and is easy to buy.

Easier to eat unhealthy too. So much quicker to run out and grab some taco bell or in n out than it is to get out the pots/pans and make some dinner THEN clean up the dinner...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Eating clean is 90% of it, IMO. That's where people fail most often. It's hard to do.

Yes. That's been my downfall since HS. I have been experimenting with eating clean and am finally finding a bit of a groove with it. It's possible to build strength and lose weight, but it takes 100% dedication. I've just about got it down to a science.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
The hard part about eating clean, cardio, lifting, abs, and whatever is that there is SO MUCH information out there that it is overwhelming, and a lot of it is conflicting information. It gets frustrating.

-Six-

Weiner

this right here, eat better and your body will look like you workout without the working out.

i cant do it. i got this belly fat that just wont quit

whogotz

dilligaf?
eating clean - i could do it, i enjoy plenty of healthier options. but when i am pissed off - nachos with cheese is a way more satisfying option than kale chips

southpaw_29

Combatzilla
I look back at some past pictures of me, and I just chuckle. My wife showed me a photo from 2005 of me in a suit (which is a rarity), and I just laughed. I was hoping the suit was making me look chunky, but I know better.

I know how you feel I used to be a professional firefighter when I was younger and my wife recently was showed a pic of me where I had just my turnout bottoms on, no shirt and I was holding an axe across the back of my neck and at 6'6" 255 lbs. She looked at the pic and then me, then the pic, then me, and very innocently asked, "what happened?"

Lost my job due to a heart condition that when I became stressed my heart would slow down and I would pass out. THey called it NeurocardiogenicSyncopy. I called it "never going to fight fire again." I crawled into a bag of Oreos and came out at almost 400lbs a little over ayear later.

Trying to eat better and excercise but its tough....I lost well over 100lbs a couple years ago...gained 40 of it back (refuse to let that scale say 400 again) but its really tough to eat healthy in this day and age.

Last edited:

Captain Clobber

Chilling in the Harbor
eat real food, not processed stuff. good proteins, fruits, vegetables, and the right kind of carbs
really kinda simple once i started doing it s

This is what helped me drop down to my college playing weight last year....modified Paleo diet....pretty much all whole foods, nothing out of a box, no starches...it sucked, but the 45 pounds in 3 months was the most I ever lost. I usually sit at 255 pounds, 40 pounds over my ideal weight...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
The thing I had to come to grips with is that there is no such thing as overnight muscle definition, lol. We live in such an "instant" society that we're taught by almost everything we read and see that results should be instantaneous. To build muscle and build definition, it just doesn't work like that. I can see changes in my body, but I also know I have a long way to go.

The key for me is the "vast improvements in strength" you mentioned. My bench max has increased by 57 percent in the last 18 months...military press has increased 137 percent. The hard part for me has been deadlifts and squats. My groin pull last summer and the long recovery from that really stunted any growth there. I've seen my deadlifts increase, but I've got some mobility work to do before getting back to squats. If I try to do them as-is, it puts way too much strain on my back.

Lots of people are prone to giving up after not seeing results after a few weeks. I had a guy working out with me that was average build and was expecting to get huge in months. He finally gave up and I've been back to working out alone since. While the scale doesn't show I've lost any weight, I see big changes in my body from a couple years ago. Hell even watching some YouTube videos from a couple years ago to this year I can see big changes in my body. Definitely motivating stuff.

Good stuff on the gains man, that's awesome. Stay motivated and healthy and keep pushing. I know others don't like reading all this crap, but it's kind of motivating to be able to discuss stuff like this from time to time.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Lots of people are prone to giving up after not seeing results after a few weeks. I had a guy working out with me that was average build and was expecting to get huge in months. He finally gave up and I've been back to working out alone since. While the scale doesn't show I've lost any weight, I see big changes in my body from a couple years ago. Hell even watching some YouTube videos from a couple years ago to this year I can see big changes in my body. Definitely motivating stuff.

Good stuff on the gains man, that's awesome. Stay motivated and healthy and keep pushing. I know others don't like reading all this crap, but it's kind of motivating to be able to discuss stuff like this from time to time.
It is very motivating. And it's nice to be able to post about it without having to be concerned with gym douches chiming in with skepticism, criticism, corrections, etc...looking down their noses.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
stay on it southpaw 29, everything adds up, good and bad. eat good (doesnt have to be super clean, just healthy) suggestion- u have anywhere to swim, low impact and great for calorie burn and muscles

ran into some guys who have not seen me in a year and did not notice much difference until they bro hugged me and were like "damn, u are a rock, what you been doing"

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
stay on it southpaw 29, everything adds up, good and bad. eat good (doesnt have to be super clean, just healthy) suggestion- u have anywhere to swim, low impact and great for calorie burn and muscles

ran into some guys who have not seen me in a year and did not notice much difference until they bro hugged me and were like "damn, u are a rock, what you been doing"
You stud ;). No homo.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
You stud ;). No homo.

wifey (2 kids in our 4 yrs of marriage) started doing circuits and running (also a loose paleo diet) to ditch the 10lbs of baby weight that our girls left with her

34 and best shape of my life...actually have man cleavage in a good way

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
The hard part about eating clean, cardio, lifting, abs, and whatever is that there is SO MUCH information out there that it is overwhelming, and a lot of it is conflicting information. It gets frustrating.

HASfit.com, guys is kinda goofy but if you wanna put together a pre workout circuit from varied programs he has there...:thumb:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Eating healthy requires effort. With all the fast food, frozen and boxed prepped side dishes were getting huge doses is salt and sugar. I think the biggest reason for our bad sitting habits are the lack of time and effort to prepaid fresh food. Then we have our body's telling us to load up cause you never know if there will be food tomorrow, lol. And then there's chocolate......

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
just checked my home page, i am still a combatant from back in the day, i fell of the wagon when i sold everything before the sheriff's academy. can i put the logo back in my sig?

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought you were at some point, but wasn't sure.

back in the day i had quite a few combats AVs and a few others. leagues all went supplied bats and i was laid off so i sold my bats. BLD Perris opened and i can use all the old stamp awesomeness COMbat has to offer! i will post bats once i have what i have coming:)

ds, combatant (from u know who), pm virus (gonna nab one)
any other suggestions? i like el models