Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

arther itis

payin' to get paid
You never know what can happen with the post office. I sent a freak 12 to Caledonia and it never made it. I insured the bat when I sent it. Called and started a claim with the post office. The bat showed up on my front porch a couple of days later. I took the bat back to the post office and ask them why it didn’t make it to Minnesota. The post office said they would send it to Minnesota again after I took it back up there. They did not want to give me a new tracking number but I insisted they give me new tracking and they did. The freak 12 did make the trip to the correct destination in the end. I buy extra insurance every time I ship with the post office from now on.

p.s. Marl is vgtg

agreed, Marl is way GTG

Signature Confirmation is always good to add when shipping a bat, as well

amace04

LOL. I don't see this as being a widespread issue anywhere. Is there a run on $100k surgeries? Why would they waste time in a meeting about this?
Someone brought it up, so it was discussed for all of 3 minutes?

It's rec league, there wasn't much of a discussion, just "yeah, if they're going to identify as a girl, then they're a girl. Make the call at the beginning of the season and you can't switch back and forth. Now to item 2 on the agenda, people complaining about home run limits..."

ShortYellowBus

agreed, Marl is way GTG

Signature Confirmation is always good to add when shipping a bat, as well
I just got a PO Box to be on the safe side.

With the widespread use of ship-only option companies like amazon, there’s increasing opportunities for thievery.

If the item arrives at all, I’ll pick it up from the agent at the post office counter.

Craziest sbf transaction;

I traded an almost new Iconic for a lame Monsta bat. The fib was clacking upon receipt and the outside shell already had developed a seam I was made aware of before trading. In one hit, the Monsta bat broke open.

I waited three months to take that bat out for swings, so it was super unprofessional to try to undo the deal. Lesson learned.

USPS tales.

I had an excellent Vinci glove go to Barrigada Guam, bounce around in Tennessee, Hawaii and California before arriving two weeks late. I pulled up the tracking number, but it’s gone from the system now.

I bought a very cool Easton Pro1400, which got lost in an Arizona post office for two months. Maybe longer.

I bought an excellent DC41 that stayed in Virginia two weeks, and when it finally arrived..it had $11 postage due. Happily paid it.

I had an empty box arrive once. The bat had fallen out.

The post office was able to deliver the bat to me without a box, because they know me from all the bats I pick up and they just memorized my information.

If anything else comes to mind, I’ll add it.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You never know what can happen with the post office. I sent a freak 12 to Caledonia and it never made it. I insured the bat when I sent it. Called and started a claim with the post office. The bat showed up on my front porch a couple of days later. I took the bat back to the post office and ask them why it didn’t make it to Minnesota. The post office said they would send it to Minnesota again after I took it back up there. They did not want to give me a new tracking number but I insisted they give me new tracking and they did. The freak 12 did make the trip to the correct destination in the end. I buy extra insurance every time I ship with the post office from now on.

p.s. Marl is vgtg
I always pay for signature confirmation too. I order more than your average person online, but I've had things delivered to my neighbors multiple times. I found something in the bush once too.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

With the widespread use of ship-only option companies like amazon, there’s increasing opportunities for thievery.

If the item arrives at all, I’ll pick it up from the agent at the post office counter.

I traded an almost new Iconic for a lame Monsta bat. The fib was clacking upon receipt and the outside shell already had developed a seam I was made aware of before trading. In one hit, the Monsta bat broke open.

I waited three months to take that bat out for swings, so it was super unprofessional to try to undo the deal. Lesson learned.

USPS tales.

I had an excellent Vinci glove go to Barrigada Guam, bounce around in Tennessee, Hawaii and California before arriving two weeks late. I pulled up the tracking number, but it’s gone from the system now.

I bought a very cool Easton Pro1400, which got lost in an Arizona post office for two months. Maybe longer.

I bought an excellent DC41 that stayed in Virginia two weeks, and when it finally arrived..it had $11 postage due. Happily paid it.

The post office was able to deliver the bat to me without a box, because they know me from all the bats I pick up and they just memorized my information.

I bought a bat in here years ago and the guy too it to his po. Two weeks go by with no bat and he says he didn't get tracking. He keeps communicating so I decide I'll wait till closer to the PayPal cut off to file a claim. A couple of days before that it arrives, covered in stamps. Apparently he lives in the back back woods and his postman just looked up how much it would be and stick that many stamps on the box. It looked like he was getting rid of random ones too because they were all different shapes and sizes.

I've got pics in my media of a box I received been in half, but the bat was solid. I received one once stocking out of the end of the box, but never completely without a box.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Before you were here at all. I've never banned anyone over a good post. Most of y'all cry like a five year old with a skinned knee if I delete ****.

Country469

First part - I've had 3 legit screen names now, that was the chi-softballer days there. Back when this was noice with it.

2nd part- depends on the era. Now, its pretty much anything goes and I hate when **** gets deleted cuz why? 5 years ago I had some serious modderatering done all the time and had saint all over my balls

Wayne 33

Banned User
I had an argument before a game with a teammate. He was a certified ump and he was saying how there should never be a "4 base award" call.

"It was stupid, no one would ever be capable of deflecting a ball over on purpose for a cheap out, it should be umpire's discretion as to whether the ball would've carried out untouched, IT NEVER HAPPENS ANYWAY..."

We started our game, he played CF and knocked 2 balls over the fence by the 5th inning.

Actually any home run hit over the fence is a four base award as the ball is dead.

saintrules

Watched our opponent's pitcher literally quit during the game because his SS wouldn't stop trying to throw runners out who were already on the base.

SS then took a bat to a tree like a lumberjack out of anger, ump called the game....it was 40 something to under ten...

find a different hobby man.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Actually any home run hit over the fence is a four base award as the ball is dead.

A ball that travels over the outfield fence in fair territory and touches a fielder before it crosses the fence is a four-base award, not a home run. It does not count towards the batting team's HR total.

A home run is a home run.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League

p.s. Marl is vgtg
Looks like it is on the home stretch.
Arrived in Santa Barbara this morning. It broke out of the N.E. loop it was in.

nam2212

Dr. Nick

USPS tales.

That Vinci sure did take the long way to get to you. Thanks again for understanding. You still using it?

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
I caught BJ Fulk's ball at the fence after our pitcher pitched him a strike through his legs. He told our pitcher he was going middle but Dedonitis and friends said don't do it. We were just a C conference team (back when they existed 2015) He then tried to hit it out and missed it a bit and I caught it. He then took his bat back to the bat bucket and beat the bucket to pieces lol.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Playing a 9am Saturday league game. Guy on the other team shows up to play even though it’s his wedding day. Whole team was going to the wedding later that day. Few innings in he slides into home plate, his cleat catches on the plate and he snaps his ankle 90 degrees. Had to postpone the wedding, can’t imagine how pissed that bride must have been.

r8dr_rider

Probably a good thing. Guy should cancel the wedding

Playing a 9am Saturday league game. Guy on the other team shows up to play even though it’s his wedding day. Whole team was going to the wedding later that day. Few innings in he slides into home plate, his cleat catches on the plate and he snaps his ankle 90 degrees. Had to postpone the wedding, can’t imagine how pissed that bride must have been.

lakeyale13

Manager
Just the other night I saw a woman get drilled in the head with a high pop foul over the fence near the 3B dugout. She was raptly engrossed with her phone and never even looked up when people yelled "heads". Ball nailed her right above the ear.

Paying attention while at the fields is never a bad idea.

LOL. I had a buddy get hit on the head with a foul ball. He wasn't paying attention one bit. I swear that the ball hit him on the head and he was flat out his back passed out in less than .001 seconds. It was if the laws of physics were suspended with how quickly he hit the ground. Once he came to and we found out he was ok we laughed until we all either cried or puked.

ShortYellowBus

I had a buddy that hit a ball super high in the infield, the wind picked it up, it flew back and it hit him in the back.

No one said “heads up”.

MaStEr IrOc

Guy on my team got a little too drunk before the game and was bickering back and forth with the other team.

Douchebag on their team called my guy out for his San Diego chargers tattoo and said he was "used to making bad decisions." My teammate proceeded to say "I'm looking at 4 of your bad decisions right now!" He was talking about their kids in the dugout

blakcherry329

Guy on my team got a little too drunk before the game and was bickering back and forth with the other team.

Douchebag on their team called my guy out for his San Diego chargers tattoo and said he was "used to making bad decisions." My teammate proceeded to say "I'm looking at 4 of your bad decisions right now!" He was talking about their kids in the dugout
Obviously, both teams had douchebags that day.:rolleyes: