Custom Vincis

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
So I am thinking about having some gloves made up to my spec. Last time I had some#22 Vinci's made in black with red lace, welt and lace. They came out very nice but not sure if I want to stay w the #22 leather ( and mesh back) or step up to the Limited Kip or even the Optimus leather? I and gonna stay w the colors as they look great and hold up well, thinking of two or three pattern.

12.5 H web ala the RV1923
13 or 13.25" ( Vinci's play short) H web
13 or 13.25" trap maybe like a PJV04
All would be open back

What do yous guys think?

I mostly sell local and play rec co Ed ball so hence the #22 leather

URL=http://s561.photo[bucket.com/user/smarkley3/media/fullpack.jpg.html]
fullpack.jpg
[/URL]

Tylerjf

Addicted to Softballfans
These gloves look sweet.
I've got a custom optimus on order.
14" open back H Web.
I'll put pics up when it arrives...in 4 - 6 weeks :-( Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
Why you gotta jack my color scheme lol!

Go with open backs. Everytime i've had someone try on my glove they always say. "Damn this feels great! I just wish it was an open back."

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Why you gotta jack my color scheme lol!

Go with open backs. Everytime i've had someone try on my glove they always say. "Damn this feels great! I just wish it was an open back."
I used to like both red n black limited but the #22 only come in black so Hench the jack, LOL. I think people are to hung up about the open back but, I have an Optimus 13.25" h web in Walnut and it is a great pattern. I just don't know if enough local guys will spring for Optimus leather or even the Limited. Knuckles u should stop by and see my Optimus :D

Tylerjf

Addicted to Softballfans
Can you guys put up some pics of your other Vincis? I'm pumped to get mine in. It'll be tough to wait!

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
People are so close minded and in the end they really only hurt themselves. I have purchased one open back Optimus Baby TJ glove and I am probably going to sell it without ever using it. The closed backs just make so much more sense for me. They are easily tightened against the wrist/hand which is the biggest selling point for me since I have smaller wrists. People are just used to the open back glove and think that's what they need without even processing the advantages/disadvantages of open vs closed back so I would go with open back predominantly and maybe throw in a couple closed back models.

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
those look amazing. I have a Custom Optimus in the mail heading to my US address right now. It is Black with all blue laces and welting...I will post a picture ( if I remember) when I get it. those gloves make me think I should have went red. LOL

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally like black and walnut my Vinci bmb -22 is like that and I think it looks pretty sharp
Not a fan of black and red.

Walnut yes!

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
The only other color scheme I would do would be tan n black but I really like the black w red accents. It pops and I can do it in all leathers

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I do notice the other (non walnut) Optimus has a diff look to it, is it still a pull up leather like the walnut?

Tylerjf

Addicted to Softballfans
Can someone post a tobacco color and can someone post a walnut color glove? They look so similiar I couldn't tell on the other pics I saw.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Compared side by side a AB-74 VM in walnut and tobacco leather , Love the walnut, wasn't a fan of the color of the tobacco leather at all. Bought the walnut colored Optimus leather.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
People are so close minded and in the end they really only hurt themselves. I have purchased one open back Optimus Baby TJ glove and I am probably going to sell it without ever using it. The closed backs just make so much more sense for me. They are easily tightened against the wrist/hand which is the biggest selling point for me since I have smaller wrists. People are just used to the open back glove and think that's what they need without even processing the advantages/disadvantages of open vs closed back so I would go with open back predominantly and maybe throw in a couple closed back models.

This is exactly why I am glad I got the TJ and not the BR46. I feel like if I had this big of a glove with an open back it'd be kind of hard to keep on my hand.

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got my new Optimus in the mail. I absolutely love it, very stiff but I have lots of time to break it in. even my wife loves the Blue.

Last edited:

ATL Rookie

Manager
The blue looks great.

Someone here made a Marine Corps themed glove I have been considering swiping. I just dont need another glove.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I need to see some if the other Optimus colors, is there any red and orande left. Photos are real hard to judge colors damn!!!!

ALo4

Grit-Grind-Grizz

i have smaller wrists as well. but playing infield, the glove doesn't touch my wrist. i play with the heel of my hand out. the open back is much more breathable and comfortable to me.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Yes, can't make more now, still have an all tan PJV open back. How ya been bro, ur missing all the heat n fires lol?

slobones

Addicted to Softballfans
good good. Not playing ball as much out here on a coed team that's a bunch of my wife's coworkers so it's just for fun. Had the last couple games rained/snowed out. So I'm ready to play some ball. Kinda a nice break from playing tourney ball and all that down in so cal.