Do all low compression (=/-325) balls deform quickly?

Jobu

We bought a dozen Evil Classic Ms and they're all shaped like stop signs after being hit. I mean, every single hit on these balls dents and deforms them.

SacBunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never had this issue with every ball. Maybe one or two per dozen at the most.

mrl112

Smarter than you're
You must have done something wrong. There's a thread in the Evil section talking about quality control and manufacturing consistency.

:rolleyes:

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
We bought a dozen Evil Classic Ms and they're all shaped like stop signs after being hit. I mean, every single hit on these balls dents and deforms them.

Put pics up. If they are that deformed I am sure people would like to see them. We hit the NEW AD STARR GURU 54/600comp ball and one of the guys put a flat spot on the ball, like a dent. Im gonna see if it returns to shape by the next time we hit them but it was a pretty significant flat spot/dent. If it still has the dent by the next time we hit them, I will post a pic of it.

rightsideswine

Banned User

No its just the evils, they blow. Try dudley or deckers, I hear APEX's are good too...evil is falling behind the game.

3XtraMedium

Starting Player
I have a ton of evils in my bp bag and have never had a problem with any of them.....Worth Toxics are a different story most all of them have a flat spot and I have been beating the evils for waaaay longer

rightsideswine

Banned User
You must have done something wrong. There's a thread in the Evil section talking about quality control and manufacturing consistency.

:rolleyes:

At some point the owner of every company gets really greedy and decides that the large amounts of money they are making isn't enough so they make a decision to lower production cost to increase profits, this almost always results in poorer quality products. The owner never minds because the name they made for themselves when their product was good sells enough of the poor quality/high profit product to keep them driving benzo's...of course it eventually catches up to them so they expand into other venues such as fishing lures or silicone back massager's

tattooball

If you were hitting wood that will happen if you put them inside and get them back to temp they should come right back. They are pretty new it will take a month for a full cure. Composites and aluminum flex so it doesn't happen as much. New balls it will on once in awhile.

rightsideswine

Banned User
I have a ton of evils in my bp bag and have never had a problem with any of them.....Worth Toxics are a different story most all of them have a flat spot and I have been beating the evils for waaaay longer

Toxics are GARBAGE! We were hitting those in one of my summer leagues and those pos's wouldn't make it 3 innings without turning in pancakes, you could squeeze and make them oblong in your hand.

SacBunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Put pics up. If they are that deformed I am sure people would like to see them. We hit the NEW AD STARR GURU 54/600comp ball and one of the guys put a flat spot on the ball, like a dent. Im gonna see if it returns to shape by the next time we hit them but it was a pretty significant flat spot/dent. If it still has the dent by the next time we hit them, I will post a pic of it.

I actually just bought a dozen, they're expected to come in on Tuesday. Besides the flat spot, how'd they hit?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
balls

Hitting microcell balls in cold weather can cause them to look deformed. The core is fine, it's just the cover that is dented. As it warms up or you hit the balls more they will return to normal.

When it's cold the balls just don't rebound properly. If you hit classic M balls in very cold weather they get flat spots all over the place. They'll stay dented until it warms up.

I've seen microcells look very deformed after few swings. They were fine later though.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

I'm going to give these .54 600s the wood bat test in a couple days, plus a couple guru .44 525s. We'll see if they stay round. Wood bats can trash balls because the bat doesn't trampoline at all.

godsfavorite32

Loyalty iz aLL I KnoW!!!!

Yes I have saw this with the very same ball... I was playing in a tournament last year where you provide your own ball and a team was hitting Evil's and all of them where getting deformed so we started using are ball which where Dudley ZN classic M's with no problems.