Do you think that the new Utrip standard will lead to shaivng?

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
And they really didn't have to do this, all they had to do was drop the compression on the balls. Shaving/altering really doesn't help much when using pillows. I thought that's what all the testing of the new 52/275 or 53/275 ball was all about. It didn't matter what the temps were or if the bat was composite or metal. You know why they are making everyone get a new bat.....Money plain and simple... There's is no reason to not allow a White steel or any metal for that matter other than they want you to pony up...

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
Here's a question.......Look at my profile pic......Look hard.....Now, do appear to be smart enough to alter a bat and not show any indication?? If you think I am, go ahead and send me your bats so I can experiment on them.

Based on your avy I think you are the smartest mofo on this board. Send me your address so I can start shipping.:rolleyes:

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
im gonna shave the outside of my bats then repaint them

Sounds like a start of where a bat dr. Will go. Hey if they can fix cracked up car beyond visability they can shave a close ended bat.

Last edited:

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Shaving will continue. People will find a way. I am not sure that people are shaving as many utrips now. It seems like the durability on both ASA and USSSA has gone down (maybe to prevent shaving) and they break in faster (maybe to prevent rolling and the fact that people want to hit HR's out of the wrapper). I am hoping that mine break right after the new ones come out and I am able to get a new standard bat in return in case the old ones are banned.