E Worlds (Disney)

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Directors meeting stated the only thing that can be protested is a rule or a player eligibility. The pa director will gladly send you a rule book. As a matter of fact the protest never happend until the top of the 5th down 11 with 2 out to just see if they could get a cheap win. The second time he got hit was near his back so if he had enough time to turn he should have had enough to make a sandwich and snap him off. The guy with a missing finger was irrelevant just felt the need to say it. There was only 1 pa director there and he was pitching! I also pitch and did in 4 of our games, him and I both had balls drilled at us but we both just somehow managed to elude it so the 5man could turn 2 on you bums or we used our GLOVE yes GLOVE and got back on the mound for the next guy no big deal. Also it was 2 different pitchers that got hit for them not the same guy both times and funny thing is the pitch didn't even complain it was the dbag shortstop and "coach" that wouldn't pitch if that's all they had. Until they rule that you can't hit a ball in 1/3 of the field when there's a standard 4man defense being played and the pitcher chooses to not wear a helmet, shin gaurds, cup, heart gaurd it will happen and ill be the first to say it if its an easy hit and all it does is piss you off we will do it all game every game for 5 innings BC by then you'll be run ruled and gone. The middle bitching is the dumbest thing ever in any sport! Either pitch and accept it or go ride effin horses.

True, I pitch and have never said a word about middle, especially if I have a 5 man...I hit middle, not shoot middle, and I won't say sorry nor do I expect it...it'd be lying if I said sorry unless I actually hurt someone, then I'm sorry for hurting you but not for trying to get a hit...

Tourneys, worlds etc are way different...league, well you're a tool if you shoot middle in league, just my opinion...

people cry too much about middle...worst part is the guys with shavers, in Freedom especially, won't try and hit middle because they will test the bat...funny as hell...

if you pitch expect every ball to come back to you and set yourself...either that or catch...:rolleyes:

Jimmy34

Board Prick
And BTW, if a PLAYER in the IF (P/IF) gets hit with a ball enough to cause a raised eyebrow, I 100% condone the bat being immediately tested...it'll save so much BS...

LitesOut21

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^exactly thank you! Bat was test we lost next game anyways finished 33rd oooooo wow lol focus the bitching on the top 15 teams they got there from either playing phenomenal ball or being better at hiding players either way E ball doesn't pay your bills never will. Congrats to Southland on their title that's what this page should be about anyways.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Bat was NOT PASSED DOWN! Pitcher was hit with a miken psyhco, next batter uses a ressy duo and is missing a finger...next hitter uses a Mizuno blackout...incorrect facts bud. In fact yes I'm on that blue and white team...every player owns 2-3-4 of their own bats and all were tested several times this year and the guy with the miken volunteered after the director said its not in the rules that it was up to the umps to pull the bat at that moment to have it tested anyways and it passed by FAR! "haters make us famous"

What was the name of your team? Thinking we played you guys on Field 14 around 6:00 Saturday Night...

crf158

Benchwarmer
High maintenance was hot this weekend. They have a few good ball players but that was by far the best I've ever seen them play.

Yeah, that is what some of the guys were telling us... I guess they finished 15th in the E U-Trip states earlier this year...

Good bunch of guys that played fantastic defense, and hit the ball well.

They were up on Southland 9-4 (Saturday Afternoon) and stopped hitting... ended up losing 13-9

In the game before they played Southland, we had High Maintenance shut out through 5 innings and they came alive and beat us. Their IF played some very good defense against us.

Last edited:

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
And BTW, if a PLAYER in the IF (P/IF) gets hit with a ball enough to cause a raised eyebrow, I 100% condone the bat being immediately tested...it'll save so much BS...

That's why mike put that in league play. Much less bitching this year when playing and umping.

LitesOut21

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah we were out "Americom" by 2 on Saturday. We had some entertaining games, some more than others, but it was a good trip. We didn't play dirty, we had our legit players rostered, "batgate" came back passing, and we won a few games. We just play hard that's all but some people see it as dirty BC they are lazy or think they should never be beat by a lil ole pa team of rednecks. Have a good one fellas good luck the rest of the year and into next year. I'm done trolling for 2014 peace!

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep... we played against ^^^.. Entertaining game... The damn umpire behind the plate tossed our CF for something very minor early in the game... There was an altercation earlier in that game that probably had a lot to do with him getting tossed..

As for the middle... Americom's pitcher got blown up pretty good (after windmill & pump faking)... but he took it all in stride "Hey, when I do that, that is what I expect"... Wish all pitchers had that same attitude.

linsey15

Addicted to Softballfans
let me lay the rumors to bed:

I play for Souhtland so here it is from the source!

WSL Worlds
-Nathan Kendrick approved our roster in july and told us we were cleared to play E which we have been classed since day 1 in GA. He also told us to play under a diff name because we hadn't played any WSL all year and he didnt want the local director pissed at him for letting us play.
-Nathan then told us on tuesday before the tourney that we had 1 guy who couldnt play E because he played on a D team last year that got bumped to C in WSL so we left him at home.
-Saturday night 2 diff teams tried to protest us but were told by Nathan that they were wasting their money because we were legit.
-Sunday morning we wake up 4-0 and Nathan calls our coach and says we are kicked out and to come get our money back.
-No one protested us Nathan was just catching alot of heat because we were winning and took the easy way out. Besides have you ever heard of a team getting their entry fee back after a protest lol

USSSA Worlds
-We brought the same team we started the year with plus 1 player and we were E nationally all year.
-We played hard in Orlando and honestly should have lost to High Maintenance, Knockouts, and Ball Game. We came back in 7th to win 3 out of our last 5 games.
-You can say what you want about us but the last 5 or 6 teams we played were no way shape or form E teams. Ask any of them why we beat them and I guarantee you they say its because our right field swing was on fire sat/sun.
-We had 0 players on our team from a C team last year so we welcomed anyone to lose their money on a protest.

The_Natural

Weak Glove
Yeah. Talk about pulling a first game stinker. A lot of our guys had never been down before and it showed. We sent a lot of good teams home, though, so that was good. Ran out of gas when we ran into the V&S team. Just missed the cut for an autobump so I guess if you're gong to get knocked out, that's the time lol. They did beat the 40 and over guys, who had like 6 C players on their roster. Their director in Atlanta got fired for re-classing them.

40 and Over put us out. They hit it really well. Not so much hard just every where we weren't. Their pitcher fielded it really well. Not sure why they ran a 5 man.

linsey15

Addicted to Softballfans
40 and over is called 40 and over because they have 4 players who are 40+ years old including the pitcher.....oh and FYI our director did not get fired nor did he ever even come close to getting fired.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
let me lay the rumors to bed:

I play for Souhtland so here it is from the source!

WSL Worlds
-Nathan Kendrick approved our roster in july and told us we were cleared to play E which we have been classed since day 1 in GA. He also told us to play under a diff name because we hadn't played any WSL all year and he didnt want the local director pissed at him for letting us play.
-Nathan then told us on tuesday before the tourney that we had 1 guy who couldnt play E because he played on a D team last year that got bumped to C in WSL so we left him at home.
-Saturday night 2 diff teams tried to protest us but were told by Nathan that they were wasting their money because we were legit.
-Sunday morning we wake up 4-0 and Nathan calls our coach and says we are kicked out and to come get our money back.
-No one protested us Nathan was just catching alot of heat because we were winning and took the easy way out. Besides have you ever heard of a team getting their entry fee back after a protest lol

USSSA Worlds
-We brought the same team we started the year with plus 1 player and we were E nationally all year.
-We played hard in Orlando and honestly should have lost to High Maintenance, Knockouts, and Ball Game. We came back in 7th to win 3 out of our last 5 games.
-You can say what you want about us but the last 5 or 6 teams we played were no way shape or form E teams. Ask any of them why we beat them and I guarantee you they say its because our right field swing was on fire sat/sun.
-We had 0 players on our team from a C team last year so we welcomed anyone to lose their money on a protest.

I didn't play E Worlds so I think I'm more partial than others in this thread and I have some questions about what you say.

1) A director asked you to play under a different name? Sounds fishy to me.
2) Directors want money so he should have let them protest...maybe he didn't want them to because someone higher than him would look at the roster and agree with the protest.
3) You are right, no director gives money back when you get kick out of a tournament unless it was their fault for letting you in that tournament in the first place.
4) If you won the games in the fashion you suggested then you were either classified correctly or were sandbagging and won even though you played like crap.
5) No "C" players from last year but where have your players played before last year. I've seen guys supposedly classified E or D yet three years ago played B...and I doubt their skills decline that fast to go from B to E in three years.

Not trying to bust your chops but your explanation does bring up more questions. My advice enjoy your World Title and let this thread die. Even if you sandbagged or whatever I'm sure other did too only difference is they didn't win.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
My advice enjoy your World Title and let this thread die.

this

or you could be a **** about it..either way would be cool

CxGlJ.gif

Jimmy34

Board Prick
40 and over is called 40 and over because they have 4 players who are 40+ years old including the pitcher.....oh and FYI our director did not get fired nor did he ever even come close to getting fired.

What does being 40 have to do with anything...look at Resmondo's roster, few 40+ guys there also...age is a stupid thing to use when classifying players...

If you played C or were auto bumped to D or above, no E for you - EVER...shouldn't be ANY drop downs in USSSA, if you were bumped, you stay bumped...if you place top 10% in ANY division, you stay that class, and that means the PLAYERS, not the team name...if you place top 20% in worlds, nationals and even states in E, you should never be allowed back down...let the newer teams, less skilled teams and the young kids play E, it will benefit softball in general in the long run...

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Lindsey.... first of all, congrats on winning the tournament. I watched the High Maintenance game(since they beat us), and they had you guys beat, but then they stopped hitting...

As for classification, I do not blame you guys, the director let you play in the E, so it is what it is...

BUT, when we played in Atlanta earlier this year (USSSA tournament), they had a lower division (E), and an upper division (Combined C and E teams). You guys played in the upper division, and had to spot 5 runs to all D teams (Yall played American Security before us one game, and I noticed yall had to spot them off the rip)..

With that said, I don't know how you guys got to play in the E.. I know Country Fresh was down there as well, and even though those guys are probably at your same level, they went 1-2 in Disney... so you still have to play extremely well to win down there.

Like I said, the director allowed yall and Country Fresh to play in the E, so I don't blame yall for going. Congrats on getting another ring.

linsey15

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't play E Worlds so I think I'm more partial than others in this thread and I have some questions about what you say.

1) A director asked you to play under a different name? Sounds fishy to me.
2) Directors want money so he should have let them protest...maybe he didn't want them to because someone higher than him would look at the roster and agree with the protest.
3) You are right, no director gives money back when you get kick out of a tournament unless it was their fault for letting you in that tournament in the first place.
4) If you won the games in the fashion you suggested then you were either classified correctly or were sandbagging and won even though you played like crap.
5) No "C" players from last year but where have your players played before last year. I've seen guys supposedly classified E or D yet three years ago played B...and I doubt their skills decline that fast to go from B to E in three years.

Not trying to bust your chops but your explanation does bring up more questions. My advice enjoy your World Title and let this thread die. Even if you sandbagged or whatever I'm sure other did too only difference is they didn't win.

Main reason he asked to use a different name is because we didnt play WSL all year because it is a 3hr drive to the closest WSL tourney for us. He didnt want the GA director getting mad for letting us in no matter what class we played. We actually told Nathan we would play D if that was what he wanted but he said no....Also there is no one above Nathan Kendrick he is the owner/CEO of WSL.

linsey15

Addicted to Softballfans
Dakota I missed that tourney but I know what you are talking about. Locally in GA we do not play by national rules. we have 1hr/2hr E, 3hr D, 4hr C, and 6hr A/B. We play 3hr and each class spots 5 runs per whatever level the team is below them so 3hr spots 2hr 5runs and 1hr 10 runs. Really messes us up at worlds. We will be in D next year and we will be at D worlds so i just wonder what some of these guys will have to talk about then lol

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Main reason he asked to use a different name is because we didnt play WSL all year because it is a 3hr drive to the closest WSL tourney for us. He didnt want the GA director getting mad for letting us in no matter what class we played. We actually told Nathan we would play D if that was what he wanted but he said no....Also there is no one above Nathan Kendrick he is the owner/CEO of WSL.

^^^^So you don't play an association all year but then are permitted to attend Worlds??? That's a big problem IMO. Part of playing any given association is "earning" your way to the World tourney AND giving directors the ability to see that you are classified properly.

Sucks for you guys that you got kicked out, but clearly you guys played at the wrong level all year......evidenced by not losing a single game at WSL AND USSSA Worlds.

Good luck as you move forward though and hopefully you guys actually play D (or higher) and don't do the usual take a year off or disband and play on 4 different E teams as their chips then reassemble in a year or 2 as E again.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Who gives a ****... They won... Every year the winning E team in worlds gets accused of sandbagging... Give them props for winning the tourney... 200+ team bracket with a 3gg and y'all think some league team is going to win it?? That's what a true E team is supposed to be... Look up the definition on the USSSA website... So if your team is not one of them, then your sandbagging... If your running a 5man with great defense and your pitcher is throwing junk and fielding middle... You shouldn't be playing E... So don't be mad when a team does it better than yours and wins...

How you think league teams feel when they play in a world tournament and get waxed... They say that's not an E team... Stop crying sheesh!

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
Haters gonna hate.

Regardless if you win or land somewhere in the top 10% you belong in the next class up. Not saying you can't play that class but keep it moving and never go back.

I love the teams that do go back and **** the bed

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
Lindsey.... first of all, congrats on winning the tournament. I watched the High Maintenance game(since they beat us), and they had you guys beat, but then they stopped hitting...

As for classification, I do not blame you guys, the director let you play in the E, so it is what it is...

BUT, when we played in Atlanta earlier this year (USSSA tournament), they had a lower division (E), and an upper division (Combined C and E teams). You guys played in the upper division, and had to spot 5 runs to all D teams (Yall played American Security before us one game, and I noticed yall had to spot them off the rip)..

With that said, I don't know how you guys got to play in the E.. I know Country Fresh was down there as well, and even though those guys are probably at your same level, they went 1-2 in Disney... so you still have to play extremely well to win down there.

Like I said, the director allowed yall and Country Fresh to play in the E, so I don't blame yall for going. Congrats on getting another ring.

Here is my major issue... Some/One of these guys have won a world prior to this and are still playing E... SMH

Mooselodge24

Slinging Nova Bombs
so in other words... Nathan was being shady for letting them drop and play. Also, USSSA messed up for allowing the team you have to drop down. seems legit

Mooselodge24

Slinging Nova Bombs
Dakota I missed that tourney but I know what you are talking about. Locally in GA we do not play by national rules. we have 1hr/2hr E, 3hr D, 4hr C, and 6hr A/B. We play 3hr and each class spots 5 runs per whatever level the team is below them so 3hr spots 2hr 5runs and 1hr 10 runs. Really messes us up at worlds. We will be in D next year and we will be at D worlds so i just wonder what some of these guys will have to talk about then lol

well maybe you should've played in the class you belonged in... pretty simple concept, but I guess getting 2 world rings in a span of what, 4 years in the same class is better?

Jimmy34

Board Prick
well maybe you should've played in the class you belonged in... pretty simple concept, but I guess getting 2 world rings in a span of what, 4 years in the same class is better?

Some guys wanna be best of the worst...guys like me wanna be worst of the best...

It's a self confidence thing...

I'd rather get a few at bats on a good upper team than win all tourney in a lower event...just me though...I'm not to much into the ego thing, I'm just a prick...:rolleyes: