Enough Already

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
You have to remember...........These bats are not made for the guys that can go 400'. They're made for the guys that need these to even go 280'.

Since the bat manufacturers are in business to MAKE MONEY, they are doing their best to serve the largest part of slow pitch softball - MAKING MONEY...

I play in a Senior League that uses wood bats - .44/375 balls - 5-man infield & 4-man outfield - very low scoring games - but there are still a few monster or well-skilled seniors who can put a ball near or over the 300-ft fence...

I guess if guys who can hit hard keep using the fragile bats with hard balls in BP, the bat mfr is MAKING MONEY on them as well...

The only vote you have is where you spend your money...

%%%

dunkky

everyone's interests are different. If you are into it, guys will try to get as many gadgets. That's just us.. well women do the same thing i guess. I wouldn't use example of fitbit as apple to apple comparison. Maybe timer(when smartphone was not around) to fast runners. who knows, maybe in the future we may see a phone with speed radar capability?

Normy

As long as you still have the returnable receipts, break on my brother. How many has it been in the past few months?

Normy

I just wanna see how many he goes through a year. Make the bat companies pay for their brittle pieces of ****

Country469

They are still making plenty good margin on the bats. They have a warranty for a reason, the bats being "brittle pieces of ****" is what the market asked for. If dude wants to hit boulders and brag about his exit speeds that's his choice, but what he is doing is really just being foolish. And then whines about it. Its like buying high octane gas and bitching about the price of it. Just ignorant af,

Normy

They are still making plenty good margin on the bats. They have a warranty for a reason, the bats being "brittle pieces of ****" is what the market asked for. If dude wants to hit boulders and brag about his exit speeds that's his choice, but what he is doing is really just being foolish. And then whines about it. Its like buying high octane gas and bitching about the price of it. Just ignorant af,
True. The failing compression after a few hundred swings is what does it for me. I guess that's what needs to happen these days having a bat smoking hot out of the wraps.

Country469

Not everyone needs to swing a freak 30 all the time. Based loaded with a bump to hit, sure. No body on, and going for a single swing something lesser. There is no common sense or skill involved below the C level anymore. Its all just hitting derby. So many solos and dbos like whoa. Put the hot **** down once in a while.

Normy

Remember when people were complaining that it took too long to break in a bat? Softball players are garbage people
I actually prefer it this way. Not Easton Torq break in but 300 swings or so. Everybody's different. I've been been called worse lol.

Joker

it's almost like if you swing harder than the average beer leaguer, you shouldn't be swinging a new stick with hard balls. common sense is missing with some people

Joker

if you're in an indoor cage with a ball speed radar, you can't claim ignorance. this guy knew what would happen and here he is complaining about it.

stop complaining about failing compression eary too. this is not a manufacturer problem, this is an association problem. until compression is part of the bat stamp standard, manufacturers don't have to make a bat that won't ever fail compression

Country469

They're not .44 cor, they're .48. Evil BPs are kind of middle of the road. I sure as hell wouldn't hit them with any fragile bats in BP. They're harder on bats than .52s by quite a bit.

you'll have to pardon me for not looking at our website in years, being an evil rep I discourage sales of the OGs and only push the 52 bp

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
you'll have to pardon me for not looking at our website in years, being an evil rep I discourage sales of the OGs and only push the 52 bp

I'd never recommend anything but .52s for BP. Those Evil BPs had their day. The bats made today aren't durable enough to handle them anymore. Not even close.

dunkky

was there any explicit disclaimer or statement saying that the bat should not be used with 44 for any condition otherwise bat will fail prematurely? If not then, op did nothing wrong and bat should not fail that early.

Joker

was there any explicit disclaimer or statement saying that the bat should not be used with 44 for any condition otherwise bat will fail prematurely? If not then, op did nothing wrong and bat should not fail that early.
bull.****.

Country469

There is a warranty for ignorance. They actually give you a free get of ignorance free card. Every single bat. Its crazy

dunkky

stick with the fact joker. he was hitting them indoor and he was not hitting rocks. it's freaking bat that meant to be used with softballs.

Country469

Not actually rocks. But if you read the thread title "enough already" implies its happening a lot. If your wife came home with clap 3 times, are you still sending her out at night?

dunkky

44s are rocks? I thought they were in between. well if that's the case i raise my case.

Joker

everything i've seen on this forum is that they are .48 cor and in the 400-440 compression range. those are rocks in today's world