Ever had this happen to you?

tmpnick16

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy offers to let you swing his bat in a game, so you do. And afterwards he says "oh yea, 3/4 oz taken out of that one"
Ever happen to you? What did you do/ say?
It happened to me a few yrs ago. I was sort of speechless. I was disappointed in that person for having it, but even more so the fact that he would let me swing it in a game, unknowingly.
Now, I don't swing other people's bats in games. Even if they insist.

MH785

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy offers to let you swing his bat in a game, so you do. And afterwards he says "oh yea, 3/4 oz taken out of that one"
Ever happen to you? What did you do/ say?
It happened to me a few yrs ago. I was sort of speechless. I was disappointed in that person for having it, but even more so the fact that he would let me swing it in a game, unknowingly.
Now, I don't swing other people's bats in games. Even if they insist.

Shaving is for *******. Should have punched him.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a hard time switching bats as is so I never use anyone else's sticks in games because I'm so used to mine.

strength

Extra Hitter
yes happened to me and I went totally off on him. I absolutely hate fkng people that cheat. let alone give me a cut stick unknowngingly. Needless to say after we got in a physical fight we no longer speak and he will never play on another one of my teams.

I dont fk around with that stuff.

I earned my distance so will you.

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
yes happened to me and I went totally off on him. I absolutely hate fkng people that cheat. let alone give me a cut stick unknowngingly. Needless to say after we got in a physical fight we no longer speak and he will never play on another one of my teams.

I dont fk around with that stuff.

I earned my distance so will you.

friday-damn-gif.gif

I probably would have done the same thing

Thats why i only swing my own stuff

Devil Dog

You like soup?
What pisses me off are the people who have shaved them, then talk about it like they just threw a $6k turbo charger in their car, like it's a status symbol or something.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
What pisses me off are the people who have shaved them, then talk about it like they just threw a $6k turbo charger in their car, like it's a status symbol or something.

What I don't understand are the guys who can already hit it hard and far with a stock bat, but used shaved bats anyways. I guess they think distance counts... or, like you inferred, they're compensating for something ;).

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i powerbombed a guy through a picnic table last time this happened to me. and some food got on him. and then i said "looks like lunch is on you this time". and then i walked off.

bigdog2003

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy on my league had a freak98, so I swung it the first game. After the game, he said I meant to tell you, that is a Ultra II that I painted.

John1007

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy on my league had a freak98, so I swung it the first game. After the game, he said I meant to tell you, that is a Ultra II that I painted.

this happened to me as well with a painted ultra II- Now I always ask before I swing a bat if it's legit.

Joker

i powerbombed a guy through a picnic table last time this happened to me. and some food got on him. and then i said "looks like lunch is on you this time". and then i walked off.

lou bringing the one liners today. i like it

hitsone

I find it incredible that anyone would tell somebody that they were using an"enhanced' bat at all.
Doesn't anyone get reported anymore?

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I will guarantee you that if you have bought enough bats or done enough trades on this board at some point you have bought a shaved bat and swung it without knowing.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i had it happen a few years ago when i started looking at bats. best reason to buy my own. now i have too many

tmpnick16

Addicted to Softballfans
I will guarantee you that if you have bought enough bats or done enough trades on this board at some point you have bought a shaved bat and swung it without knowing.

Who says you have to swing every bat that you buy?

hitsone

Who says you have to swing every bat that you buy?

I'm sure I'm like a lot of members that have bought a bat and then flipped it without trying it.
I also have bats I bought for my "collections' that I have not swung.
It is quite possible that someone has sold a bat that they knew was bettered but wanted to get rid of. Others may be unaware of what they have.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure I'm like a lot of members that have bought a bat and then flipped it without trying it.
I also have bats I bought for my "collections' that I have not swung.
It is quite possible that someone has sold a bat that they knew was bettered but wanted to get rid of. Others may be unaware of what they have.

Interesting...so what is more frequent you think ? Getting a shaved bat in a trade here unknowingly ...or selling shaved bats unknowingly. As in user1 gets a bat from user2 that is shaved then sells it to user3

bgw223

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea I bought a used miken from some one. I used it for a whole season hitting bombs. Then it busted I look in it and shaved. I thought damn I just ordered a new miken. The shaved one had me thinking they were the best. The new one was ok but not insane like that one.