Evil FuseTech

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
13782278_10154357229079268_6948455444271731058_n.jpg

Dan411

Star Player
I said it looks like it, that's all.

But, it is interesting Evil is producing a 1 piece ball like Tattoo did earlier this year :rolleyes:

And they actually came out late last year. I think there's room in the market for two one piece balls. Price and performance will dictate success.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
And they actually came out late last year. I think there's room in the market for two one piece balls. Price and performance will dictate success.

True.... although Buggs was bashing Tattoo over their one piece as being a "cage ball"..... and then this :rolleyes:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Cage ball?? No actually it was the knock off of the Evil BP ball. But I thought you were done, and then this misinformation :rolleyes:, anything else before we move on to the FuseTech ball discussion.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Cage ball?? No actually it was the knock off of the Evil BP ball. But I thought you were done, and then this misinformation :rolleyes:, anything else before we move on to the FuseTech ball discussion.
Let move on, I'm curious. The NX3 ball I used was pretty nice so....

I'm just a small fish here but I would like to hear what this tech brings that's better than the comparable ball that's already out.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
We are in discussions with the manufacturer to make our variation of the molded cover ball. Its too early to say nor am I willing to discuss our direction at this time. I can tell you if we move in this direction we will own the market on this ball in a short period of time. There are some problems with this concept people are not talking about that have to be resolved before we would commit to it.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
There are some problems with this concept people are not talking about that have to be resolved before we would commit to it.
We will not be releasing any of these until problems are resolved. When we deliver this product we dont want customers being test dummies. Until that time we will continue to work to produce the best traditional style Evil ASA HOT 52-300

Last edited:

sosa2314

Laser show
My experience with the Tattoo NX3 was less than desirable. The sheer fact that it says EVIL on it means I cant use it here anyway. (League rules....NO EVIL) Would love to hit them though, just to see.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I have had mixed results with NX3's. The 52/300 seemed to perform well while the 52/275 Classic+ don't. The 44's were about average.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
My experience with the Tattoo NX3 was less than desirable. The sheer fact that it says EVIL on it means I cant use it here anyway. (League rules....NO EVIL) Would love to hit them though, just to see.
How is there a No Evil rule when they are association certified?? Where is this?

Country469

Its not just pretty simple, like that. If its a sanctioned league, and Buggs pays for the sanction fees to get the stamps, legally he's being swindled.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Its far from Simple, we go to great lengths and expense to make sure our products meet association standards for approval. If the league is following the association guidelines for approved equipment then how is this simple.

milesej05

The Rookie
So my League doesn't allow NX3's because the LD's team got their ass handed to them (he plays Open league) so he banned them from being used. But our league also allows you to use ASA (old and new stamped) and USSSA New stamped bats.

COKEMAN

Addicted to Softballfans
Its far from Simple, we go to great lengths and expense to make sure our products meet association standards for approval. If the league is following the association guidelines for approved equipment then how is this simple.

It's not simple for you and the other manufacturers, but it's simple for the LDs, they just say "No NX3, No Evils, No Rocks, etc." My league wanted to ban the NX3s and there are accounts on these forums about no Rocks, Evils, etc. There are some challenged people out there that say things like "I don't care what the stamp says, Ball X is the harder than Ball Y" or "That ball is doing things I have never seen a ball do before." You can show them a stamp and they don't care. Their mind is made up.

My question to you and other manufacturers is what can you do about it? The leagues have the authority to modify various rules, right? For example, our "ASA" league lets us use any bat that is not on a banned list. Others have said that as well. Last season, they tried to ban the balls I was using even though they had the current stamp. They still might now that the season is over and we wait for the next one to start.

I'm not trying to rub it in or be an ass, I really want to know what you can do. I mentioned to our league that the maker of the balls they wanted banned would not be happy, but they didn't care. Is it worth your time to go after some small league that has banned your equipment? Or do you go to ASA and have them contact the league? Again, the league can modify the rules, right?