Fly balls - two hands or just your glove?

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
when im running its harder for me to use 2 cuz the other one seems to limit range or get in the way trying to use it but any time its a can of corn and i can get there i use 2

jp24

Band
Being an IF, if I'm tracking something over my shoulder, I try for 2 hands, but normally end up catching it with one. If it's right to or in front of me, I use 2 every time.

automatic d

Drinkin with Miguel
Actually, in the MLB they teach you NOT to use two hands. True story brahs!! Detroit rookie Brennan Boesch had an interview about his defense and said that they were teaching him not to use two hands, the less distraction the better,

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually, in the MLB they teach you NOT to use two hands. True story brahs!! Detroit rookie Brennan Boesch had an interview about his defense and said that they were teaching him not to use two hands, the less distraction the better,

seems like I have seen more flyballs dropped by players using one hand compared to two, do not know where the distraction comes from

Polarsled

Star Player
One hand and don't drop fly balls. This is not little league, it you have been playing outfield your whole life, I don't see why you would flub it anyway.
Just have your throwing hand in position and ready. By the way, the behind the back catch is quite simple, just takes a little practice. Would never do it in a game though. That is one of those no win situations. You do it and catch it, you look like a bone head. You do it and miss it, you are a bonehead.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

How in the hell is using two hands a distraction?? ****......They're pro's.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
One hand and don't drop fly balls. This is not little league, it you have been playing outfield your whole life, I don't see why you would flub it anyway.
Just have your throwing hand in position and ready. By the way, the behind the back catch is quite simple, just takes a little practice.

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

swerv512

Manager
2 hands unless i'm doing the barry bonds fancy catch where you come across the body and snap the glove down on your thigh. if i knew how to link youtube, i'd show ya...

then again, i'm just a NoOb...

Hazate

Composite bat hater....
Two hands always..its there just in case..and shortens your transfer time for the throw...have never heard of anyone teaching a player to catch with just one hand at any level.

automatic d

Drinkin with Miguel
Two hands always..its there just in case..and shortens your transfer time for the throw...have never heard of anyone teaching a player to catch with just one hand at any level.

At the MLB level, there is little teaching for the most part when it comes to defense in the OF. IJS

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Use two hands, because you look like a tool if you drop it with one. If you drop it with two, you're only excuse is that you suck.

And if you have two hands to catch a ball with, why not use both of them? That's like saying only look at one boob.