freak 12 or 30

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe with the new Freak 30 being so good, the outrageous Freak 12 prices will go down
Maybe. Lotta diehards out there still hoarding a few OG 12s, and some people refuse to believe last year's F30 swung nearly identical to the F12. Hell, many still will say the reissue F12s arent nearly as good as the OGs, so who knows what's going to happen with them.

I did just see a local OG F12 go for $300 NIW on one of the local facebook pages. That's not terrible.

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
No bat is worth 300$ imo
Agreed. Only reason why I justify the amount I spend on a new one every other year is I know I'll crack or break it before the warranty is up, then either get a new bat to swing for free for a year, or sell that one and buy a new model bat with a difference of under $50.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Excellent addition to the conversation, imbecile...
Masher there's no doubt Joker/Rusty is a troll that lives at home with mommy and daddy. His existence is to be the biggest d$%k on here and inject himself into every posting to get off on some kind of power trip or something. Most of us simply ignore him for the troll he is and move on with life. He feels very superior in "conquering" SBF to make it his kingdom of stupids he rules. Now stand by for his impeccable rebuttal of this by saying "if you just follow the rules"...go ahead rusty your up...

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I love both bats and I used to switch it up until last Thursday. Both failed compression. My 700 hit F30 was my go to until it failed at 215. Odd but true, my F12 failed at 215 as well. It has no more than 150 swings. They were tested back to back for league ball. My NIW '16 F30 passed at 235.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I vote the Freak 12. I have both and it just seems the 12 treats me better. They are very close in performance maybe its the color idk.

Steve lau

OK guys, new update on this, from having owned and swung all 3 bats....here is my official expert opinion. Ok, so I'm not an expert, but I can hit a ball pretty hard on occasion.

They are all incredible!

Freak12 - swung a little lighter than it felt, I really wish I would have bought a 28, but it wasnt a big difference. Instantly hot out of the wrapper, Miken ping was gone VERY quickly (maybe 50 swings 52/300 and 50 classic Ms) and it went into a whole new level. One of my favorite bats ever.

2016 Freak30 - felt a smidge more endloaded than the F12, honestly felt to me like .75oz EL. But that's really the only difference...I also felt like the 2016 took just a little longer to break in, but was still insane while breaking in, took just a little longer to go from hot to stupid hot. I hit probably 100 52/300s and another 100 Classic Ms before it changed sounds and just got stupid. I hate to say better than the Freak 12, because I just never hit a ball poorly with my 12, but I've never hit more moonshots with any bat as I did my 2016 F30. I knuckled a ball out on a 320' field for a walk off with this bat, which to this day was one of my most impressive and memorable homers.

2017 Freak 30 - Swings exactly like the Freak12 IMO, the .5oz endload feels right. First three swings were hard liners through the infield as I was getting the feel of the bat, then tried kicking it up and going for the fences...9 of the next 10 were all 330'+ hitting 52/300s assorted Evils and Dudleys. Hotter out of the wrapper than the 12 and 30 both were, and yesterday was the first time taking BP since October for me, and the first time swinging a bat period, since December 10th. To say I was impressed, is an understatement.

All I can say about this year's F30, is I'll be buying at least 2 more EDITED
Freak 12 you are talk about, is it a reissue or the og