ASA Heating a bat.

Joker

I'm sure that most people here can grasp the difference between a bat being in natural ambient environmental temperatures versus purposely applying an artificial source of heat.

you seriously overestimate people here

M

MJL 00

Not by anyone whose opinion counts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJL 00 View Post
I totally get the rules. But if they are sitting and heating their sticks during/before a game then they are idiots. I put my game sticks on my hot tub cover and per my temp gun it gets SUPER hot while im at work. So is this illegal? Cause if someone says yes cause its altering the state of the bat before use you can bite me cause I stick my glove out there too. So if I make a quick snatch pitching my glove is illegal. AGAIN if they are heating it purposely before or during a game then naughty, but mine is for the grip and so that my bats are not sitting in my a/c and are less adapt to crack or break.

Never seen a glove hit a ball above 98 MPH...

But you answered your own question - you're heating your bats.

:nana:

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Quote:

Originally Posted by MJL 00 View Post
I totally get the rules. But if they are sitting and heating their sticks during/before a game then they are idiots. I put my game sticks on my hot tub cover and per my temp gun it gets SUPER hot while im at work. So is this illegal? Cause if someone says yes cause its altering the state of the bat before use you can bite me cause I stick my glove out there too. So if I make a quick snatch pitching my glove is illegal. AGAIN if they are heating it purposely before or during a game then naughty, but mine is for the grip and so that my bats are not sitting in my a/c and are less adapt to crack or break.

Never seen a glove hit a ball above 98 MPH...

But you answered your own question - you're heating your bats.

:nana:

Ah, yes, I did say that. And yes, you're heating your bats.

The amount of ridiculousness in your posts is astounding.

M

MJL 00

Your out, I mean safe...

Just messing...

Carry on

:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
If you go On the pyroflite bat warmers website, it says NSA and usssa endorses it! Just a note I dealt with the owner real good guy very accommodating, and I am sure if anyone has more questions he will answer them.. I use the warmer it doesn't change any of the demensions or change the make up of the bat in any way!

Joker

If you go On the pyroflite bat warmers website, it says NSA and usssa endorses it! Just a note I dealt with the owner real good guy very accommodating, and I am sure if anyone has more questions he will answer them.. I use the warmer it doesn't change any of the demensions or change the make up of the bat in any way!

good to know since this in an ASA thread

also whats a dememsion?

sjury

The Old Man

So you didn't read any of the other posts where they did studies and it does effect performance. If it didn't why use a bat warmer? Why put your balls in a cooler? How special are you?

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
So you didn't read any of the other posts where they did studies and it does effect performance. If it didn't why use a bat warmer? Why put your balls in a cooler? How special are you?

I use it to protect my bat from cracking. And I my post earlier in the thread ( before joker pointed out I misspelled dimension) i was just saying that usssa and NSA support the product. If it altered the bat in any way I am sure they wouldnt let proflite use their names on companies website.

jfsully

Addicted to Softballfans
Bats crack because the compression of the ball increases in cold weather NOT just because the bat itself is cold ... The bat being cold argument is one of the biggest myths in softball and is normally used by people trying to gain an advantage

revtech2003

Addicted to Softballfans
I jumped out of my car where I had the heat set at 85...the temp outside was 37...as I ran out to my position, I was called out as being an altered player. I was removed from the game. Should have known better!

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
I jumped out of my car where I had the heat set at 85...the temp outside was 37...as I ran out to my position, I was called out as being an altered player. I was removed from the game. Should have known better!

If you were going to play in that cold, you need to be altered

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
Bats crack because the compression of the ball increases in cold weather NOT just because the bat itself is cold ... The bat being cold argument is one of the biggest myths in softball and is normally used by people trying to gain an advantage

How is the bat being cold argument a myth? So your saying the bat flexes the same in all temps? Warming and heating are different. If someone is heating a bat to alter it is not the same and keeping your bat warm to prevent damage.

jfsully

Addicted to Softballfans
How is the bat being cold argument a myth? So your saying the bat flexes the same in all temps? Warming and heating are different. If someone is heating a bat to alter it is not the same and keeping your bat warm to prevent damage.

Call ASA and talk with the bat manufacturers (I have). The bats have problems in cold weather because for every 1 degree of temperature below 72 degrees the compression of the ball INCREASE by approximately 5 lb. At 42 degrees a 400 compression ball is a like a 550. THAT is the primary problem not just the bat being cold.

I've seen guys use bat warmers when its 75 degrees outside in FL , is that to "save" their bat?

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
Call ASA and talk with the bat manufacturers (I have). The bats have problems in cold weather because for every 1 degree of temperature below 72 degrees the compression of the ball INCREASE by approximately 5 lb. At 42 degrees a 400 compression ball is a like a 550. THAT is the primary problem not just the bat being cold.

I've seen guys use bat warmers when its 75 degrees outside in FL , is that to "save" their bat?

Using the warmer at 75 is just dumb! I used my warmer in a snowflake to protect my bat from breaking. I understand what happens to the ball, that is even more reason to use the warmer ( if the association allows it). The ball being harder and the bat flexing less = broken bat!!