Here she is! Spalding Pro Select

Goliathxero

Extra Hitter
It's because a trap web needs more holes than an H web. Hit up etnstudios. He just did one of these. He can tell you what he did to fill the extra holes.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Do a figure 8. When you come out of the middle bar on the first side (heading up the finger/thumb), go through the finger. Then instead of going up to go back through the finger, go the other way to hit that extra hole. Then to the back of the finger/thumb and back even with the bottom of the crossbar. THen up to the next hole just under the leather and then out and up to the next hole and through to the palmside. Then back down to even with the top of the crossbar, then through and back INTO the tunnel of the crossbar. I think I got that right... at least in my head.

Will look like this.

Last edited:

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
very nice. now you just gotta get that knot at the bottom of the web to sit more horizontally. because i'm picky

Gators21

Manager
That looks great, wow! This Pirates fan does not need another glove, but if it's true that these can be picked up for $50-$75 (is that really true?), and it would cost me $30-$40 or so to get it re-laced in the yellow (trap all the way for me!), I don't know if I can resist!

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
^^ very true I got the 13" and it seems to be a little more sought after.. I paid 70 shipped and another 45 for H web and lace! This is a very stiff glove but after this swap it seemed to loosen up a bit I guess from manipulating the glove to lace it. After I got I laced I gave it a little ASO treatment and this thing has a DEEP pocket!! I'm pleased with it! My LS flare is gonna have to take a back seat to this Spalding!
Now the 12.75 I've seen go for around 40-50 plus shipping(12)! Good luck and you will not be disappointed!

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Just fix those knots on the web and the wrist and you'll be looking awesome (and probably the thumb and pinky too, can't see them but I assume they're probably the same). The video I posted above shows you how to do the square knot so your laces will look tidy and face the correct direction.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are nice gloves, sometimes you can pick one up for $50. Great deal.
F

Yes Sir ;)

That looks great, wow! This Pirates fan does not need another glove, but if it's true that these can be picked up for $50-$75 (is that really true?), and it would cost me $30-$40 or so to get it re-laced in the yellow (trap all the way for me!), I don't know if I can resist!

12.75 coming tomorrow; BP Session on Sunday
$70 > total...

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
I got mine nwt for 55 plus 35 for Web and 6 for laces when they were on sale.

The worst part about doing your own relace is that people will pick it apart. The best part is that those are the same guys that will actually notice and tell you what they think.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
Bro's don't let bro's play with sloppy laces.

I actually lol'ed!

Here is where I messed up. I used 1/4 on my thumb and pinky, which in turn made me use 3/16 on fingers and web! But I'm gonna fix the knots and play wih a glove that makes me at least look the part!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I actually lol'ed!

Here is where I messed up. I used 1/4 on my thumb and pinky, which in turn made me use 3/16 on fingers and web! But I'm gonna fix the knots and play wih a glove that makes me at least look the part!

Haha, I almost said "Hmmm, it looks like the thumb, pinkie, palm, and closing lace is wider than the web lace." but then I figured it was just an optical illusion and that all you got were 3/16" pieces. So was it partly that or did you switch ALL the lace?