Insane Vs. DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MJL 00

I haven't swung the INSAN3, however, I can tell you the DNA is no joke. The sweetspot is small (I have 400-500 cuts) on mine but when you find it, nothing in my bag compares. I have a 27oz '16 Juggy, 26oz J3A and an old Mayhem98 with about 3,000 swings and the DNA has the most distance if you find the sweet spot......

Statement of the year :mod:

BOLTMAN21

Manager
scu_duner let me borrow his 26oz DNA. Took some BP side by side with my 27oz Juggy and AM. To ME, it felt very similar to the AM in terms of weighting (scale and balance). If you swing 27oz Demarini, 26oz DNA is the way to go.

The DNA is the least forgiving of the 3. Sweet spot is not very big.

Performance-wise, the DNA is very similar to the AM. Best hits with the DNA may have been a few feet deeper than the best hits with the AM. That said, because the AM is more forgiving, I'd swing the AM over the DNA.

In my opinion, the Juggy is still the king. I did a bucket hitting 10 with the DNA, 10 with the Juggy, 10 DNA, 10 Juggy. It was a good bucket and I hit a handful out with each. But the longest balls with the DNA were nothing compared to the longest shots with the Juggy. And, every ball off the Juggy was smoked. The DNA was more hit and miss. If I didn't hit it on the screws with the DNA, there was a huge decrease in output.

The Juggy has been my gamer for a while, it just fits my swing. But, I wouldn't say the DNA didn't fit my swing either. I feel I gave the DNA a fair shake. Probably put 50-60 hits on it. In my opinion: Juggy>AM>DNA, with the AM edging out the DNA because of the small SS on the DNA.

(Thanks again SCU! I'll get it back to you before softball Tuesday)

My '14 Juggy finally broke. Got the '15 as a return. Been using it in games in a 44/375 league with great results. Finally got to hit some BP post game with it and around 30 52/300 tattoos (synthetic & composite) and few worth hot dots. The '15 Juggy was crushing those balls. I was really surprised. I didn't compare to my DNA, but I agree with the small sweetspot on the DNA and how it sucks when you miss it. Very rewarding when you find it though. Overall 2 very good bats. Plus on the Juggy is I can swing it with all balls and other then a seam crack they usually hold up fine.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^nice to hear a non-biased opinion.

my first '14 juggy got a paint split almost out of the wrapper. the replacement (returnable) has 2k+ hits on it, barely passed compression last week, has typical paint wear but no cracks or webbing, and absolutely smokes the ball. maybe it wasn't a fair comparison to the 1k hit DNA?

BOLTMAN21

Manager
^^^nice to hear a non-biased opinion.

my first '14 juggy got a paint split almost out of the wrapper. the replacement (returnable) has 2k+ hits on it, barely passed compression last week, has typical paint wear but no cracks or webbing, and absolutely smokes the ball. maybe it wasn't a fair comparison to the 1k hit DNA?

Too many brand loyalists with biased reviews. I like them both a ton. Been swinging a Juggy regularly for almost a year now. I'm just comfortable with it and it works with my swing. I assume the '14 & '15 are the same bat with different paint. Who knows. I don't remember my '14 hitting the 52 COR as good though. I'll still be swinging the Juggy & DNA both with the 52 COR ball. Can't go wrong with either.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I love my DNA, 2000 hits and best bat for distance, only negative is maybe a smaller sweet spot and they maybe scale heavy with a 26. My 26 and 27 both weigh 27, with knob cuff and tape both 27.8 ish. My buddy bought a 25.5 insane blackout, 25.0 weight, too light for me, but a good bat, probably only 300 cuts with 52s. Has anybody swung a silver juggy without the handle weight? Interested to see what those do?

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
DNA: Swung 26 flex and owned a 26 stiff. Both 26's weighed 27.3
DNA is a good bat. I traded it away to a team mate that really wanted it. Now that it has 500 hits in it it's simply retarded.
Insane: owned a 25.5. Good SS flexi as can be, hated the flex. Like stiff feel, distance as good as anything.

Comes down to feel and what bat your brain makes you think is better.

But Joker is right Carl is a D bag.

I couldn't agree more with either of these statements. I'm far from a fanboy of any brand and actually prefer Combat/LS to Demar or MonstaRD but ALL of the bats that have been mentioned mash and you can't go wrong with any. I just cannot bring myself to buy another monstARD due to past buying experiences and the fact that Carl is a dbag of epic proportions.

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
I hit the Zombie farther than the DNA and Cluggy. Not a fan of the FIB. All are great bats. Exit speed off the
Zombie is crazy...... I'm sure that bat fail compression without the FIB.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Hey Joe my Brother from another, used a teamates DNA in our last 2 games that stick is lightsouts !!! :notworthy::hail:

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
What's up Clint. Still going to try and get my hands on one of them. I will call Carl and see if he has anymore. Haven't been playing Asa except for league provided bats. Want to play 1/2 and 1/2 next season.

moty0901

Starting Player
I used the DNA last night and hit a homer in each game. It has less than 100 hits on it. One was a line drive piss rod straight center and the other was to right center. Both went about 320'. Also burned a couple of outfielders with knuckling line drives. It's every bit as good as advertised and I had high very expectations for the DNA. I game it over the Insane and I disagree that the sweetspot is small.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
This past weekend I got the chance to swing my 100ish hit Insane next to a new out of wrapper DNA.
Insane is a 26.5oz
DNA was a 26oz

Right away you notice how much heavier the dna felt.
The Insane I will say was just that, Insane. (I just picked it up off the boards) I had just put my first swings on it. Felt very nice to swing, very comfortable. The ball jumped off the bat.
The dna I picked up for one at bat and felt equally as nice. I dont like using people bats so I only hit it the once but was pleased with how it felt.

Will I buy a dna, who knows. Half the guys I play against have one and every single one of them seem to mash with it. The dna is a very popular bat around here. I dont know Carl or the backround of why people bash him, nor do I really care but his bats seem to be pretty decent.

Last edited:

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I asked a few reps and never got an actual answer. I'm assuming is .5 or something small because when I told them my L4US had 2.5 they said I should get mine changed to a 28oz el

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
It's more than .5........I'd say 1oz or 1.5 oz.

I have a 26oz midload DNA I am going to be moving this week.....anyone got a 26.5 black they wanna swap? :D

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Got a sale price? Have a teammate that wants one, I'll have to ask if he wants flex or stiff.

second2noone

It's a flex. Will prob be $200 shipped as they seem to sell pretty quick at that

IF I wanted to swing a 28 endload stiff, just wanting to see which specs I should get. I don't want to get 28 EL stiff and then find out that it's like an ounce heavier.

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
I would go onto the Monsta Militia FB page to get the most accurate details. I thought I read that the 26oz DNAs all come in over scale weight but that the even out a bit more as you go up in weight.

From my experience I have a 26oz EL DNA and it swings lighter than my 28oz Demarini J3a and heavier than my 27oz Cluggy (the green one). Sorry I don't have a scale to give you exact numbers.

second2noone

I would go onto the Monsta Militia FB page to get the most accurate details. I thought I read that the 26oz DNAs all come in over scale weight but that the even out a bit more as you go up in weight.

From my experience I have a 26oz EL DNA and it swings lighter than my 28oz Demarini J3a and heavier than my 27oz Cluggy (the green one). Sorry I don't have a scale to give you exact numbers.

thanks for the reply. I've been hearing that the bats come in heavier than the sticker weight, just trying to see by how much.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
26 only comes in midoad and is way over scale. Mine is 27.4 with a 1.1 lizard skin and knob cuff. You could try the Militia page but it seems like the only thing that goes on in there is Carl nut stroking

second2noone

:aargh4:
26 only comes in midoad and is way over scale. Mine is 27.4 with a 1.1 lizard skin and knob cuff. You could try the Militia page but it seems like the only thing that goes on in there is Carl nut stroking

this sounds about right. i mean about Carl.

hahha yeah would hate to get a 28 el stiff and find out it weighs 2 oz. heavier.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
These bats are probably the best two ASA bats in the game!

DNA does take some getting use too. For me it was all a mental thing (probably with most people) I watched the video about FIB and saw how it worked then I hit out and hit the DNA. But couldn't find the sweet spot cause I was trying to hit the FIB. Once I relaxed and just started hitting as normal and after 100 cuts bat is definitely is a great bat. The more you swing it the easier it will be to find the sweet spot.

Insan3 is just that. INSAN3! Sweet spot is there and it's very forgiving and crushes the ball.

Both bats are great!!! My top choices in ASA overall.

M

MJL 00

These bats are probably the best two ASA bats in the game!

DNA does take some getting use too. For me it was all a mental thing (probably with most people) I watched the video about FIB and saw how it worked then I hit out and hit the DNA. But couldn't find the sweet spot cause I was trying to hit the FIB. Once I relaxed and just started hitting as normal and after 100 cuts bat is definitely is a great bat. The more you swing it the easier it will be to find the sweet spot.

Insan3 is just that. INSAN3! Sweet spot is there and it's very forgiving and crushes the ball.

Both bats are great!!! My top choices in ASA overall.

couldn't have said it better myself, well said. Both will be in my bag next year :thumb:

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
I recant my earlier posts in this thread.
I stated how the DNA SS is small. Now that I have hit 500 balls with it I was incorrect.
Simply a fire stick with a great sweetspot

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I recant my earlier posts in this thread.
I stated how the DNA SS is small. Now that I have hit 500 balls with it I was incorrect.
Simply a fire stick with a great sweetspot

I'm glad you said that lol I was gonna be bummed if sweet spot didn't widen a little bit after getting good and broke in

Status
Not open for further replies.