It's still a game right????

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
yeah how many people did he walk? How many errors did you guys have? How many runs did you score? Can't win them all. I don't know of any teams whose players were mostly 1st timers go out a do well in their first tounry out the box. 2 and BBQ yeah it sucks but there isn't a one of us that hasn't had it happen to them.

MarcTheArc

<font color="#000080">Arc Angels Softball</font>
Are you sure it was a D team? Around here most D teams are sandbagging C teams. Thats just how it is. ;);)

lanebrew

Bad Mamma Jamma
yeah how many people did he walk? How many errors did you guys have? How many runs did you score? Can't win them all. I don't know of any teams whose players were mostly 1st timers go out a do well in their first tounry out the box. 2 and BBQ yeah it sucks but there isn't a one of us that hasn't had it happen to them.

People walked - 2
Errors -2-3
Runs - 1

We weren't first timers either. Had a blend of 2 teams and it was our first time playing together.

Yes we sucked but that wasn't the point of the post. Glad everyone pointed out so may typos from a late night post. Wonder what we did after the tourney.

The MAIN point was, if we sign up (and pay to) to play comparable competition, we should play comparable competition.

The rant was cause I was DRUNKEN and I was fired up. I'm not a U-trip newb by any means. I just know I (and my teammates) level...which is NOT D! The E teams we played were right on par and fun games. We won a game by like 3 and lost the other by 1. The other E teams we saw, we matched up with very well. Why wouldn't you wanna play teams you match up with??? I've been on both sides...where we are better or they are better. Neither side is all that much fun

Thanks for all the angry comments. Maybe there are more people that take it to seriously then I thought. When it comes down to it, just cause you are a better softball player than me, doesn't mean you are better than me (or my teammates).

The WINNERS of us playing are the kids cause that's what the tournament was for. That's a great thing so all of this is done in my mind. I may fire back but I really don't care about the tourney cause my money went to a GREAT cause!!!!!!!!! :D

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
dude, this is SBF. We are all a little crazy about the game. Welcome to tourney ball. When money is on the line you will have sandbaggers, cry babies, cheaters, and studs. That's just how it goes.

Mark1980

Manager
I agree for the most part with ya lanebrew, but think about it, haha, most the people on this site are the exact same people you are bitching about, haha. I think my team sounds pretty much like the same kind of team you have. Play pretty good competitive league ball, and get into a handul of tournies a year. Some tournies we go 2 and out, others we might win a couple games. Our best tourney we went 4-2. Tourney ball is a whole other world and doesnt even compare to league. Hell last year we were supposed to get into a small town local tourney that we would have have done fairly well in, that tourney got cancelled at the last second, so we went and got into an unlimited hr tourney that was full of B and C teams, talk about a lesson in humility and being shown you really aint jack ****, haha.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Ok, so we played in a U-trip tourney yesterday. With our combined team we had play ZERO tournies this year. First time playing together and we are and E team ALL the way. Solid players but not an every night/every weekend team. Well apparently somehow, the brackets were mixed and we are playing a D team. We lost (of course) cause we played not great and an E team has to play pretty much perfect to beat a D team.

My first question is, WTF is wrong with you people playing D? Towels with logs/names, ridiculous looking unis/colors, etc. You know that it's NOT baseball right?????? Said D team from above was arguing calls/taking walks WHILE they were kicking our a**. You are NEVER gonna have any glory that anyone beside YOU will recognize!!! So WHAT if you were a superstar on Saturday. What does that really mean?

I'm hoping I just ran into the exceptions but I'm certain this is more the norm than the rule. IT'S JUST A GAME DOUCHEBAGS!!!!!! RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you join the tournament to win or just show up?

I'd bet you would be the same guy, who would come on here and tell everyone, how funny it is that your thrown together team beat a D team that was all decked out. So STFU and quit your crying you got beat by a better team that knows what tournament ball is about.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I've seen teams from all classes have nice uniforms. I really don't think that a D team is really better than an E team just because they are in that class. They could be a d team that loses every weekend. The nagging about calls and taking walks annoys me too though

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, so we played in a U-trip tourney yesterday. With our combined team we had play ZERO tournies this year. First time playing together and we are and E team ALL the way. Solid players but not an every night/every weekend team. Well apparently somehow, the brackets were mixed and we are playing a D team. We lost (of course) cause we played not great and an E team has to play pretty much perfect to beat a D team.

My first question is, WTF is wrong with you people playing D? Towels with logs/names, ridiculous looking unis/colors, etc. You know that it's NOT baseball right?????? Said D team from above was arguing calls/taking walks WHILE they were kicking our a**. You are NEVER gonna have any glory that anyone beside YOU will recognize!!! So WHAT if you were a superstar on Saturday. What does that really mean?

I'm hoping I just ran into the exceptions but I'm certain this is more the norm than the rule. IT'S JUST A GAME DOUCHEBAGS!!!!!! RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down Susie. They had uni's and you were dressed like Billy Boggs with a bottle of ripple under the Brooklyn Bridge. You got your ass handed to you. Live with it. Start taking Midol your time is coming.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Anyone wearing a stupid ass towel should be beaten to within an inch of his life.

Anyone wearing a monogrammed ass towel should be flayed alive.

The douchetard stripped clown pants only add to the experience of hardcore softball.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Anyone wearing a stupid ass towel should be beaten to within an inch of his life.

The douchetard stripped clown pants only add to the experience of hardcore softball.

:confused: None of what you wrote was actually said in the OP's first post.

hotcorner42

Addicted to Softballfans
don't they give the E teams a run per inning against the D teams? or start the game off at 7-0 or 10-0? that's what they do around here in mixed brackets.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise

So just because i wear a towel i should be beaten into life support ??? WTF :eek:

12th Man

OG COMbatant

From a guy who wears a visor:rolleyes:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't they give the E teams a run per inning against the D teams? or start the game off at 7-0 or 10-0? that's what they do around here in mixed brackets.

In the only mixed tourney I've played the higher classed team spotted the lower team 4 runs, but then the higher classed team got an extra homerun so they could make that differential up with one swing. Didn't make any sense to me.