Juggy > Future. True story.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Took my F4T4RE out at lunch, and hit a few balls with it.........

I hit the field a little bit ago, with a very slight wind coming from home to 1b, or 3b to 2b if you prefer :D and hit a few .52/300 evils and tattoo's......

I hit 100 balls with the future......the first round (25 balls per round) hitting off a tee the whole time. First round, I hit 5 out. Rest of the balls had good distance on them, but fell short of the fence. Round 2 I hit 4 out, with the same for the other balls. Pretty good distance, but the balls really didn't get out there like they do with the juggy......3rd round yielded 0 out, the 4th 4 out.

I picked up the juggy, and out of the one bucket I hit with it as time was running out, I put 14 over :D Balls just did like always, either screamed over the fence, or right to it......It's got 100 swings on it prior to those 25. I love that bat.

I originally bought the future in hopes that it would be my new gamer, as it's got both stamps, would be nice to have for the occasional tourneyas well, but that won't happen (gamer status) as the juggy does better for me........

Who wants to buy it? :D I may just keep it as a nice bp stick, to keep the hits off my juggy.....

Oh, and Evil's fly further than Tattoos, true story as well :D

WarHorse

Star Player
I think in your case the flex is really beneficial to you. Everyone is different, and the flexy bats work really well for some. I think you're in that category.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
lol @ flexy bats.

I don't feel any flex while hitting it, swinging it, contacting the ball, anything. No one else that's swung my juggy's do either. Some guys make it sound like you're swinging a wet noodle.......

WarHorse

Star Player
lol @ flexy bats.

I don't feel any flex while hitting it, swinging it, contacting the ball, anything. No one else that's swung my juggy's do either. Some guys make it sound like you're swinging a wet noodle.......

The flex isn't something you'll outright feel. It's in the motion of the bat. Most people just feel a bat being swung, but they notice a performance increase or decrease depending on the flex of the bat.

How fast is your swing speed out of curiosity?

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Brad,

And plus the am was ur gamer last yr, right? How would u compare it to that? Am=not flexy at all.

I've tried the new models (-future and cl22asa) and I ain't sweating them at this point.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
The flex isn't something you'll outright feel. It's in the motion of the bat. Most people just feel a bat being swung, but they notice a performance increase or decrease depending on the flex of the bat.

Stop please.... your So SO wrong it's not even funny. If you stop now the flaming and butthurt you will get won't feel as bad:thumb:

sh29

Are you surprised that a bat with only the ASA stamp outperforms a bat that has USSSA/ASA stamps?

If the bats are pushing the limits of the applicable association standard - wouldn't the ASA ONLY bat be better than any other association bat (not including senior bats)?

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Brad,

And plus the am was ur gamer last yr, right? How would u compare it to that? Am=not flexy at all.

I've tried the new models (-future and cl22asa) and I ain't sweating them at this point.

The biggest difference in the to me, besides the distance is the feel when the ball hits the barrel. The AM you could feel every hit, no matter where. When you get a hold of one with the juggy, it feels like you hit a tennis ball, and the ball just goes, and goes, and goes......

JohnDoe00

Star Player

couldn't agree more with this. I honestly get more distance with my fu than my J3a.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Brad,

So you weren't impressed w/the future and the sbf exclusive? I want to make sure I'm not misreading or misinterpreting

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Blasphemy I tell you. ...sbf will hear no such talk as this

lol, just wait till the cl22 exclusive comes out and someone says it sucks.....
Are you surprised that a bat with only the ASA stamp outperforms a bat that has USSSA/ASA stamps?

If the bats are pushing the limits of the applicable association standard - wouldn't the ASA ONLY bat be better than any other association bat (not including senior bats)?

I was wondering if it would be different, as it has to pass both standards, but how different I was unsure of.......

M

MJL 00

Interesting conversation here, but it was brought up before bout Future vs bats such as AM and J3 being ASA only...im sure many will weight in and disagree on both sides...

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah okay buddy. I hope your softball skill matches your keyboard warrior skills, but I strongly doubt it.

Serious question though, you said "Flex isn't something you outright feel" so how do you personally know if, or if it isn't doing it??? :confused:

For you to basically say "a flexy bat may fit your swing better" then say "but you don't feel flex" makes me :confused:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
As with all bats there will be those that love it and those that hate it and some who couldn't care less either way. ...i still have my doubts that a dual stamp will out perform an asa only bat

M

MJL 00

Well ive hit all the 2014 line and hoepfully the Future this wkend so that I can give my opinion...

But remember fellas my gamer is a Mercy so im proned to lean more towards the stiffer bat.

sh29

I don't think the Juggy will be as surprising as certain people think!! It was the J3A last year, and it was an excellent bat LAST YEAR!!

Maybe it will be surprising for those that haven't swung a J3A or the AM?

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah okay buddy. I hope your softball skill matches your keyboard warrior skills, but I strongly doubt it.

Your saying bats flex during the swing.... we have been down this road before and bats do not flex anough during a swing to make any difference. So saying someone will do better with a bat that has flex because of slow swing speed is just stupid. Like it's been said a billion times flex is a feel thing on miss-hits and not something that happens during the swing but at contact. Bats like juggy's dampen the feel on miss-hits so your hands don't get that stiff/sting feel but a flex soft feel.... hope that helps:thumb:

Woodi

Addicted to Softballfans
Flex thing comes from the og juggy. There were videos and pic that showed the bat flexing. I'm not taking any sides but I do know that the juggy has a "softer" barrel and the flex index on the handle indicates it's not as stiff. There were videos on the og juggy with the handle being bet on a knee showing it flex.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Serious question though, you said "Flex isn't something you outright feel" so how do you personally know if, or if it isn't doing it??? :confused:

For you to basically say "a flexy bat may fit your swing better" then say "but you don't feel flex" makes me :confused:

He is just plain wrong and ignore his post. It could be multiple reasons why you swing the juggy better than the future but flex is not it. It could be swing wieght or the endload being bigger on the future. Maybe the future needs more break-in as the juggys are hot hot out the wrapper. Or maybe the future is just not as hot as the juggy but with the limited amount of swings on the future you just don't know unless you put more work into it

Last edited:

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
OG is always better than latest and greatest. Except old people. Old people are bad at everything.

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
Your saying bats flex during the swing.... we have been down this road before and bats do not flex anough during a swing to make any difference. So saying someone will do better with a bat that has flex because of slow swing speed is just stupid. Like it's been said a billion times flex is a feel thing on miss-hits and not something that happens during the swing but at contact. Bats like juggy's dampen the feel on miss-hits so your hands don't get that stiff/sting feel but a flex soft feel.... hope that helps:thumb:

^This is correct

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
blah blah blah talking out of my ass blah blah
stop it. there is no true pre-contact flex. flex only comes into play on mis-hits. if your timing is off or you are missing the sweetspot, the bat will dampen the vibrations. my experience is that the juggy line with GREATLY reward quality swings (NO MATTER THE SWING SPEED), but hamper performance on a swing that is "off" for one reason or another. SWING SPEED has nothing to do with it. stop it.