Juggy > Future. True story.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
The future felt good to me. Just not quite as hot out of the wrapper as the J3A was. Could be just as good with some more swings on it.

And this flex argument is making this thread a better read.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Using physics, I challenge you to prove it. I challenge you to prove that having a mass on the end of a rod will not cause the rod to bend during rotational motion. If you can prove that I have a nobel prize with your name on it because you've just disproved everything we know about rotational physics.

Have you heard of the pendulum affect? The bat rotates around your hands and your hands rotate around your body.... about half of your bat speed (if your a good hitter) comes from this. It's not just torque on the handle that swings the bat around:thumb: and there is no huge mass at the end of the handle like you make it out to be

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Are you surprised that a bat with only the ASA stamp outperforms a bat that has USSSA/ASA stamps?

If the bats are pushing the limits of the applicable association standard - wouldn't the ASA ONLY bat be better than any other association bat (not including senior bats)?

I am very surprised, since no ASA only bat (including the J3A, AM and 454 Mutant) that I have swung stands up to my CL22 or st100.

Good news is that I have a future and a J4A and a CL22A on the way, so I will put some swings on them and decide for myself.:D

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
WarHorse you are wrong. This isn't golf. If this was true people wouldn't shave the barrel they would be shaving the handles to add more "flex". Also a faster swing speed would produce more "flex" than a slower "stronger swing". Strength helps when swinging thru the ball. This is how meat heads typically drop bombs. The best bombers have both speed and strength and they all swing stiff bats. The flex in the handle is there for dampening miss hits so they don't sting.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
handle flex is all about feel. not performance. but if you want to try to make it all scientific, go ahead you jackasses

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry, I passed on that bat......

I try to be as honest as possibly with my reviews..... some people like them, others don't. I just type how I (as a not sponsored by anyone, rec hitter) hit the day I go hit, and what I swung.......if I don't like it, I simply sell it and move on. I did the same last year and moved from my Mikens, to the derby boys asa, to the AM.......

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
The flex actually comes from the swing, not contact, though an elasticity and flex effect could be made by contact. The bat is travelling forward on contact already from the swing. The best place to hit the ball on a "flex" bat is right when the bat is straightening out, because at that moment all of the potential energy it has stored from the rotation is now converted into kinetic which pushes the barrel forward and throws the ball off of it, transferring that kinetic energy into momentum. The impact of the ball on the barrel will displace the barrel further, increasing the trampoline effect, and if powerful enough it can actually reverse the "flex" of the handle, returning all of that kinetic energy back into potential, and then causing the barrel to "throw" the ball off of it with the momentum of both the swing, the trampoline effect, and the flex of handle.

It's actually not very complex physics that goes into it. Spring mechanics is really the closest thing to it since the elasticity of the barrel and handle are both constants based on the materials used.

This is one hundred percent wrong.

jbrown3

Addicted to Softballfans
Brad, can we get some video on one of your reviews? Just want to see what exit speed you are getting with the different bats you've got. It's hard to tell what kind of exit speed you are talking about until seen in with our own eyes. Just food for thought, thanks for the reviews tho, you've got me thinking about a juggy.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll try and get some video up of me, and a few others swinging at the next get together we have...... I can go daily at lunch for an hour, but I generally have to hit off a tee until the weekends

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
Future is all hype wasnt impressed.

Keep going on the flex stuff tho. Its make the read much better than the first 932 times someone has said they make a bat flex. Maybe this time you'll be the person to prove Larsen is wrong...

WarHorse

Star Player
handle flex is all about feel. not performance. but if you want to try to make it all scientific, go ahead you jackasses

It ****ing is science. You can't make the statement that the elasticity of a pivot point on shaft connected to a weight does not move during motion.

Seriously did you all flunk high school physics?

WarHorse

Star Player
Bats don't flex my ass. Go back to whatever college you went to and demand a refund. /endofstory.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRaj2327

What is that supposed to show? Minus the obviously poor quality of the image and taking away the blur, the bat looks straight as an arrow.

Now, at contact, we do know for a fact that the handle flexes.

1662608_10100372214937024_59355751_n.jpg

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
What is that supposed to show? Minus the obviously poor quality of the image and taking away the blur, the bat looks straight as an arrow.

Stop it bro, you're not reading past page 1 :D

WarHorse

Star Player

That's EXACTLY what it is supposed to show. In transition the bat flexes, everything up to that point the bat is flexed. When the bat is straightened out with the stance (actually exactly perpendicular) the bat is straight. Pause it at 11-12 seconds. That bat is curved

TRaj2327

And we're doing this wrong anyway....wood is WAAAAAY more flexible than these composite handles we are using.

At 11 seconds I see nothing more than a blurry image:

1947407_10100372220555764_437833119_n.jpg

Last edited:

Toad_1

I can't hit
Another good read on the physics behind a bat during a swing motion -prior to, during and after contact- is Physics of Baseball and Softball by Rod Cross. :)

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
This guy is an idiot. Let's leave this thread for what it is, a review of the Future. If the noob wants to start his own thread and argue handle flex, let him do it.