Leather qualities

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Do the leather qualities change from one color to another within the same series? If I buy a Limited series glove, will the black look, feel, play any different than the Bordeaux?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
the leather is the same quality on all the limiteds but some of the gloves take longer to break in like the blue and bordeaux over the black. You won't notice any difference in the way the feel or play just takes a little longer to break in.

MaverickAH

While the leather quality is the same, you have to keep in mind that the process of dyeing may or may not add its own temporary or permanent characteristics depending on color or the process used.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
MaverickAH is correct. The original tan leather does not have that semi gloss like the other colored limited series leather. Its a different dying method and each color has different chemicals that create that color so the finished leather will interact and finish differently.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Some of the first run Limited leathers in colors were tougher to break in and had a slicker feel. Later colors seem to have a touch softer feel. I have noticed that older color gloves can use a bit more bees wax to help it hold the color better. My blue open back TJ prototype is still holding up well, though not playing much or at all now has saved it.