For Sale Loaded Amazon Fire TV Stick with KODI (Free movies, etc) $65

ItsBestKept

Addicted to Softballfans
i have had the fire tv for a while. but i have the fire tv not the fire stick. I dont 2 of these for buddies and they have the fire stick and theirs buffers a good bit but my fire tv doesnt buffer at all. i guess its the faster processor in the fire tv, but the fire tv is also 99$ compared to the stick at $39

greenpathy

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought 50 mpgs is plenty...when the tech came out and tested the speed I was in the 71mps range...that's plenty. but the stick buffers all the time..hell a movie will not even start until 2 minutes of working then it plays for 13 secs then stops and buffers...the buffering meter at the bottom will not even move on a movie until a few minutes then its only 1% if that..all I can think of is the processor in the stick is way under rated for what its asking it to do.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
Are you using Genesis to stream the show or movie? If so, I had the same issue with mine. I looked around online and many other folks have the same problem. I was able to find a fix for it online that changed some settings in Kodi. Works fine now.

I installed the xbmchub add-on then under programs it is >program add-ons>easy advanced settings>edit settings>network settings>network> from there I set cachemembuffersize to 104857600, buffermode to 0, and readbufferfactor to 20

Let me know if You have any questions.

From here: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/tech/genesis-slow-cache-on-fire-tv-kodi-solutions/55417665/

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
sounds like mixed reviews. some peeps are like "my stick works great, thanks man!!!" and others are like "my stick sucks man, i'm gonna leave you ngtg feedback".

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I have 2 digistream boxes and can figure out movies and shows pretty easy.. It is the live sports that are a pain.

Sports Devil used to work but lately they never have an available stream. I use Phoenix occasionally to stream live games from the NBC/CBS/ABC lineup but can't find a new app that works. Dragon app used to list all the games then send you a page of available streams in different strengths/quality but that doesn't work either.

Anyone know of a new app that hasn't been shut down?

This is the only downfall to these things. It took me a while to figure out where to go and what links worked best and then they go down and the search goes on. No problems with XXX. TON of streamable sites on the lineup as mentioned. Mine is family used so I stay away from it myself.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
And PPV does work but as mentioned, there are only so many streams out there and when you have 30 million people from around the world trying to watch the same stream it buffers HARD. I don't care how you set up your system.

I am having the same buffer problem on my movies lately. Any suggestions?

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
Are you using Genesis to stream the show or movie? If so, I had the same issue with mine. I looked around online and many other folks have the same problem. I was able to find a fix for it online that changed some settings in Kodi. Works fine now.

I installed the xbmchub add-on then under programs it is >program add-ons>easy advanced settings>edit settings>network settings>network> from there I set cachemembuffersize to 104857600, buffermode to 0, and readbufferfactor to 20

Let me know if You have any questions.

From here: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/tech/genesis-slow-cache-on-fire-tv-kodi-solutions/55417665/

This helped out for me on mine. Was starting to get a little pissed with all the buffering, but installed the above with the changes and it works pretty good now. So far, so good.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
Any idea on how to do that with my digistream box?

Unfortunately no idea on that. It took me a while to figure the above solution out. It's not the easiest thing for an old fart like me to get around in and find stuff. But I am slowly, but surely, getting there.

greenpathy

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought 50 mpgs is plenty...when the tech came out and tested the speed I was in the 71mps range...that's plenty. but the stick buffers all the time..hell a movie will not even start until 2 minutes of working then it plays for 13 secs then stops and buffers...the buffering meter at the bottom will not even move on a movie until a few minutes then its only 1% if that..all I can think of is the processor in the stick is way under rated for what its asking it to do.

last night got a faster router ( 200 bucks) uninstalled the beast, then re-installed the beast...still buffering hard...woke up early and decided to play with it again... jurrasic world came in fine, so I think its down to this...at night I can probally forget about getting popular movies ( just too many users online)..I have to pick and choose my battles with this thing.. it does work but for movies no way I can stream in one at night so far..just too much buffering to even to begin to enjoy. so ill just have to watch them early mornings on weekends, but lets not forget, there free so it does work, but just not when you want it to always..so ill keep it and just live with what I can get away with...

Base Hitter?

Addicted to Softballfans
last night got a faster router ( 200 bucks) uninstalled the beast, then re-installed the beast...still buffering hard...woke up early and decided to play with it again... jurrasic world came in fine, so I think its down to this...at night I can probally forget about getting popular movies ( just too many users online)..I have to pick and choose my battles with this thing.. it does work but for movies no way I can stream in one at night so far..just too much buffering to even to begin to enjoy. so ill just have to watch them early mornings on weekends, but lets not forget, there free so it does work, but just not when you want it to always..so ill keep it and just live with what I can get away with...

Are you using genesis when it's buffering alot?

greenpathy

Addicted to Softballfans
how do you find nfl games, ? im trying to catch the bengals play today without having to go to the local bar that has the nfl package.. yet I need to find the game before 1pm kick off... is there a guide or something up here for games or sports

Stretch19

Grow up
how do you find nfl games, ? im trying to catch the bengals play today without having to go to the local bar that has the nfl package.. yet I need to find the game before 1pm kick off... is there a guide or something up here for games or sports

videos, add ons, sports devil

MAsHnDaSh01

Extra Hitter
i got all of them through adthe.net stream on there just fine

Thank you everyone for your posts. I just received mine last night after playing around with it for about 10 minutes I figured out how to launch KODI and the rest is history. Theres even a search engine for movies and tv shows type it in and they have a listing of it and whos streaming it WOW! I have the newest available software so the double clicking thing didn't launch KODI I had to go to the App manager and launch it from there. Anyone know any shortcuts? If not no biggie. Once KODI is launched the Movies/ TV/ Sports all worked great no buffering. This is a must if you have a young family and are ever in need of entertaining the kids! We already had a Amazon account and everything came over plus Spotify/ DisneyMOVIES/ eTC.

Thanks agaun GTG feedback All day!!!!

nam2212

Dr. Nick
Amazon has a FireTV remote app. It lets you use your phone to type out anything you want on the FireTV stick. It makes searching SOOOO much easier.

Also, look up how to use Llama to launch KODI from a sacrificial app that you never use. It solves the issue of having to launch from the app manager.

MAsHnDaSh01

Extra Hitter
Amazon has a FireTV remote app. It lets you use your phone to type out anything you want on the FireTV stick. It makes searching SOOOO much easier.

Also, look up how to use Llama to launch KODI from a sacrificial app that you never use. It solves the issue of having to launch from the app manager.

Awesome info man thanks for that . I will give it a try tonight

bndawgs

President-Elect
finally got around to plugging mine in. first time i tried to watch a movie kodi froze up. did a force close and then i was able to get back in and watch the avengers movie. quality was good and i had no issues with buffering. it

i am curious though, if i should get some additional network security software or be running anything else on my desktop? i'm assuming that i'm potentially allowing access to my network with all this stuff?

i will say that this is a pretty cool system with a ton of stuff available.

Last edited:

Stretch19

Grow up
finally got around to plugging mine in. first time i tried to watch a movie kodi froze up. did a force close and then i was able to get back in and watch the avengers movie. quality was good and i had no issues with buffering. it

i am curious though, if i should get some additional network security software or be running anything else on my desktop? i'm assuming that i'm potentially allowing access to my network with all this stuff?

i will say that this is a pretty cool system, however don't expect it to act exactly like your regular cable or movies. for eg, i didn't get to finish the movie, so i can't just go back to where i left off. i'll have to find a new stream and then fast forward to the part i left off.

you can pick up where you left off in movies...if you open back up the same stream, you will get the option to resume from xx:xx or start new

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
i didn't get to finish the movie, so i can't just go back to where i left off. i'll have to find a new stream and then fast forward to the part i left off.

I could be wrong but I think as long as you remember which stream it was, it will start from where you left off. My daughter watched like half of Pitch Perfect 1 last weekend and when I went back to the stream, it started from where she left off. Maybe it was because I didn't shut the firestick down, I don't know...

bndawgs

President-Elect
you can pick up where you left off in movies...if you open back up the same stream, you will get the option to resume from xx:xx or start new

I could be wrong but I think as long as you remember which stream it was, it will start from where you left off. My daughter watched like half of Pitch Perfect 1 last weekend and when I went back to the stream, it started from where she left off. Maybe it was because I didn't shut the firestick down, I don't know...

oh really? that's cool. i stand corrected then. thanks guys.