Maine

Munson
So does someone know what Corvo is doing next year? Any new teams being constructed?

I heard he was going to pitch for what was Rover last year. I've heard they are making a few changes but most of the team is staying together.

harborhog

Addicted to Softballfans
Explain please

You actually still hit in the cages, it then tracks where the ball goes on a big screen or two smaller TVs near where you were heading to watch where it goes. It's $65 for an hour for one cage so 5 to 6 guys would be $10-$15. The screen is outside of the cage that you can watch on or there are two other TVs that you can set to any major-league ballpark. It tracks everything from outs to hits singles to homeruns, speed off the bat and distance. There is a league starting in January and I think some of us are going to do it.

It's not ideal for working on things at the plate, you really just try to get up and smash it out.

Munson
You actually still hit in the cages, it then tracks where the ball goes on a big screen or two smaller TVs near where you were heading to watch where it goes. It's $65 for an hour for one cage so 5 to 6 guys would be $10-$15. The screen is outside of the cage that you can watch on or there are two other TVs that you can set to any major-league ballpark. It tracks everything from outs to hits singles to homeruns, speed off the bat and distance. There is a league starting in January and I think some of us are going to do it.

It's not ideal for working on things at the plate, you really just try to get up and smash it out.

Sounds cool. Is this at Maine Hits or another location?

shoo2ers

Crafty Veteran
Mens Worlds Dates for 2014 below:

Sept. 11-14 Mens D Worlds - Florida
Sept. 12-14 Men's B Worlds - Fortune Road, Florida
Sept. 17-21 Men's Major Worlds - Florida
Sept. 18-21 Men's C Worlds - Florida
Sept. 18-21 Men's E Worlds - West in Vegas
Sept. 25-28 Men's E Worlds - Florida

huzzdog

retired
it was frustrating when it didn't pick up the swing.... i think it would work if you took the time to dial it in. i feel like you have to stand in a spot that is detrimental to taking effective bp for it to register. then whats the point.. if you are there to work on your swing and get better using that won't help. if you wanna play a game and see who can hit it the farthest then it is good for that.

smccurdy62

Starting Player
Hey guys Xtreme Screen is looking to do 1 maybe 2 indoor fundraiser tournaments this winter. Maybe one in Jan and one in Feb but trying to get a feel of the interest level before we go to far. They would be held at the portland sports complex in portland right near jokers. They would be half field games so 2 games running at same time. Looking at 8 in the field can hit as many as you would like. Looking to get 8 teams and play a 3GG format. These would be over night events starting at either 8 or 10 PM and running until finished. Turfs ( The bar ) would be open until 1AM. Winning team will get champions t-shirts. Cost $250/ Team. Please let me know if interested so we can look to lock up some dates.

huzzdog

retired
you should use facebook... far more people will see this. also ask dirtdog42 wayne freites for some ideas. he runs overnight tournaments all winter and leagues in the dome. if you run at the same time as him you will suffer. you may also want to think about coed.... it seems to draw better for overnights and drinking