Metal bats......A thing of the past?

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I would love to play in a metal bat league, single wall is kool but would love to swing some of my double walls.

Last edited:

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
In my U-trip league I swing comps, cause I don't know of any new metal worth a crap. In my church league that allows just about anything, I swing PST's, a 32oz Techwrap and a 36oz DeBeer Clincher EST. Dropped a bomb with the DeBeer last week.

I'll be the first to say that PST's are the only metal that hangs with my Psycho, and nothing hangs with my OG Yellow Cat.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
In my U-trip league I swing comps, cause I don't know of any new metal worth a crap. In my church league that allows just about anything, I swing PST's, a 32oz Techwrap and a 36oz DeBeer Clincher EST. Dropped a bomb with the DeBeer last week.

I'll be the first to say that PST's are the only metal that hangs with my Psycho, and nothing hangs with my OG Yellow Cat.

I still hit further with my Red PST and Ti than I have/will with a composite. Only thing I haven't compared them to is a Ultra

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I still hit further with my Red PST and Ti than I have/will with a composite. Only thing I haven't compared them to is a Ultra

Some days I swear the PST's outhit the Cat, some days I swear the Cat is the hottest bat on earth.

I've hit two ultras, but only for a few swings. I did not hit my farthest shots ever, but I did hit some really log shots with less than perfect hits. 380+ on a less than perfect hit. That's probably the hottest bat ever.

scuderia

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think its a thing of the past. In fact its my future as, like many here, my league is switching next season. At the risk of sounding like a brag post: I don't think its ever been hit but I have a nice OG Nanotek I'm anxious to use! :)

dfresh27

Still use a bunch of mine....

DSCN0013.jpg

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm bringing a Louisville XXL doublewall for league tonight. .52 300 balls. I'll be anxious to see how it hits them. Super endloaded.

first bat i bought when i got back into softball was a LS XXL Response. i had the blue balanced one, 28oz. thing did hit pretty damn good.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I'll have to take a pic of my stash. Not quite as large, but I love it.

But I game my composites. ;)

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I'll have to take a pic of my stash. Not quite as large, but I love it.

But I game my composites. ;)

I do also but sold all my new ASA stickered bats except my Future 34/25.5, NRG500 34/25, SA Jeff Hall Worth and my Recoil ASA 34/25 250 Max. Thing is only playing single wall at theis time......

stork

My Recoil and Flex are as good as any new stamps I have swung so far. Some need a little more seasoning though tbqh.

stork

Sorry, I mean ASA only stamp bats are hotter than my niw senior bats.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
ABC initially produced them with metal caps but had issues trying to get them on the bats & went with plastic caps. I'm not sure how many/if any were released to the public. I got this one from..... (he can chime in if he wants). The metal endcap has the Anderson logo & everything.

I've had several teams call this bat out in games & every time they ask me where they can get one.
JJ

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I hate this thread, makes me want a metal so bad but there isn't really anything i can do with them other than BP.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
ABC initially produced them with metal caps but had issues trying to get them on the bats & went with plastic caps. I'm not sure how many/if any were released to the public. I got this one from..... (he can chime in if he wants). The metal endcap has the Anderson logo & everything.

I've had several teams call this bat out in games & every time they ask me where they can get one.

JJ

I dont think performance was improves by the metal end cap, it was just and issue of damaging almost finished product, so the change was made to the plastics (Lexan?) to stop damage on final product

I hate this thread, makes me want a metal so bad but there isn't really anything i can do with them other than BP.

Come to Poppa, LOL

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe

JJ

I dont think performance was improves by the metal end cap, it was just and issue of damaging almost finished product, so the change was made to the plastics (Lexan?) to stop damage on final product

Come to Poppa, LOL

I found a red one also, short barrel I think....

Dr. Funkenstein

Addicted to Softballfans
Ever since about 2005, composite bats have ruled the softball world. Does anyone still swing metal bats on a consistent basis? I still do more so for the gratification & metal bats were "it" when I first started playing in 1988. I'm sure, I'm in the minority half on this subject.

I play co-ed rec ball so I'm only allowed to use metal. In fact, only singlewall metal.

My church league is "as long as it's ASA-approved", so I occasionally swing a composite there, but I don't own one.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Come to Poppa, LOL

I'm still thinking about that older blue estl, doesn't make sense to buy it but I wants it......what weight is it?

How would you like to be me, only playing one day a week single wall only, no BP and some great metals I could hit :mad:

Part of me thinks it would be easier to be stuck in a restricted bat league. I'm doing 1 day of league a week nowadays, was nice for awhile to get away from 3-4 days and sometimes multiple games per night. Thinking 2 nights a week would be the perfect happy medium.