Minnesota 2015: Dead thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I haaven't played much ASA (ever) but have the new Juggy, the OG Freak52, a Combat Dirty, and the USA Aftermath. I swung the USA Aftermath fresh out of the wrapper at Corky's and haven't use any of the other ones much since. The USA was just nasty right away.

Well if you didn't choose the Juggy or USA I would've been concerned.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Monsta is smart, fewer models to choose from and they are all built how you want them. The problem with some of the bigger companies and they have 21 models for 2016 and you need to figure out which one is what you like.

Exactly, 2 bats is all you need, and flex or stiff handle and weight, 12 inch barrel or 13 in barrell.

It should be pretty simple

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I haaven't played much ASA (ever) but have the new Juggy, the OG Freak52, a Combat Dirty, and the USA Aftermath. I swung the USA Aftermath fresh out of the wrapper at Corky's and haven't use any of the other ones much since. The USA was just nasty right away.

The Freak52 isn't a terrible bat. I had one and the ball came off it well, but I never liked the feel of it. The Juggy or USA AM are better choices.

The nice thing about liking balanced bats is that it kind of cuts down on the options to one or two from each company, instead of 9 different endloaded bats.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
The nice thing about liking balanced bats is that it kind of cuts down on the options to one or two from each company, instead of 9 different endloaded bats.

I've heard and read about the Balanced Worth Legit HD52 is a good bat once it opens up.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
The OG AM is a good bat. I had one and liked it but fell for the DNA hype and blah. Picked up a $99 L4US to break in over the winter. Need more cuts on my new JH 220 Legit before USSSA Fall State. #teamBeard rides!

Anyone doing the Natalia Nelson? I was pretty checked out after last year but I can overlook Beardsley shenanigans for a good cause. Plus I can pitch from behind a net.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
The OG AM is a good bat. I had one and liked it but fell for the DNA hype and blah. Picked up a $99 L4US to break in over the winter. Need more cuts on my new JH 220 Legit before USSSA Fall State. #teamBeard rides!

Anyone doing the Natalia Nelson? I was pretty checked out after last year but I can overlook Beardsley shenanigans for a good cause. Plus I can pitch from behind a net.

Im in the natalia, yea get past that ****, it is for a good cause

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
I have not been on SBF in a couple years. Ha! Anyone still use this site? Or has everyone migrated to their own facebook pages?

Beauner

Starting Player
The Freak52 isn't a terrible bat. I had one and the ball came off it well, but I never liked the feel of it. The Juggy or USA AM are better choices.

I think I need more BP on the Freak52 before I make an official determination on it. Before this year I never swung any two piece bats so when our team made the choice to start playing ASA I decided to pick up the Freak52 as I figured it would be the closest thing to my 1-piece DC-41s. I've probably only put about 200-300 swings on it since I got it. I'm hoping to put another couple hundred on it over the winter and see if she opens up like I've heard they do.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Final Standings!

Sjoquist - 14
TS - 11
Yoke - 10
Squeaks - 10
Maximus - 8
Sixes - 5
Beauner - 4
Chunkers - 2
Bell - 1
Vdubb - 1

We'll have to start this earlier next season.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I'm considering retirement again. My body hurts.

2-0 bracket and play a bad game against Bobby and Steve's aka Key Guys and we are donezo. Disappointing.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Our offense took a hot dump on the field on Saturday. Defense was solid, though.

Fall Firemen's is always a lot of fun. Playing on the open field was interesting. Wouldn't be a bad deal for Firemens, as long as they take the metal stakes off the trees before the weekend. That was a bit dangerous.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
The only gripe I have is that it sucks going 2-0 and then losing a game and being done. The only bracket in the whole tournament not requiring you to lose twice to be out. Name of the game I suppose. You know your team is struggling when I am the highest batting average on the team!

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That wind when you played us killed a few shots. There were a couple guys from your team that had balls die when they probably would have had gaps or been out, and a couple on our team, too. BJ hit one that I thought was out, and then Chuck makes a gold glove play.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
We played on the field with wind blowing out game two... F11 I think... and we hit 3 or 4 for outs. One guy put one between the tree and batting cages near the tops of the tree. He smashed it.

Our game we lost we had 2 HRs left and seemed to be the concern over scoring runs. I was just a magician with the stick. Mi****ting basehits like a professional slapper.

Sixes

K C C O
I think i found a new stick that i really like :D

DM_WTDXSBF15_250.jpg