MINNESOTA Thread: Mother Nature hates MN softball.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Thanks for signing up for the pool. I'll try to get signed up for yours in the next couple of days here.

My money is pretty much a donation when it comes to these brackets. I should probably start watching Fox Sports Live and learn a little about college basketball.

Akij987

I don't expect softball to start until May basically.
o.png
:banned:

False, I'm playing Saturday. Going to be a terrible time...:biggthumpup:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I just want to hit BP right now. I don't want to deal with running bases or trying in the field yet.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
Any hotels near the fields in Hanover? This will be my first year playing there, and I just looked it up and it's over 90 minutes from my place. Thanks

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'd probably look in Albertville or Rogers. It's going to be a 10 or 15 minute drive from the hotel to the fields, but that's as close as it gets.

RodeoClown

ACCOUNT DELETED
Any hotels near the fields in Hanover? This will be my first year playing there, and I just looked it up and it's over 90 minutes from my place. Thanks

stay in a cheap one in monticello...the one, and I think the only one, in Albertville by the mall, is hella expensive.

Akij987

I just want to hit BP right now. I don't want to deal with running bases or trying in the field yet.

Ya me too, but I got asked to play domeball tonight and tourney tomorrow so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get some exercise. I'm sure Sunday I will be hating myself but oh well.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
How about the guy on Facebook selling 10 bats and some are shaved. I'm surprised that his posts aren't deleted.... I wonder how many private pm's he's getting. Worst part is I know him, he's from Norwood.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I thought you liked that bat? What are you going to use then?

Yeah, it's solid. I think I'm going to go back to my Salvo. The Freak 52 is good, but I have always been more comfortable with the Salvo (or even the Aftermath, to be honest).

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, it's solid. I think I'm going to go back to my Salvo. The Freak 52 is good, but I have always been more comfortable with the Salvo (or even the Aftermath, to be honest).

Sounds good. Well you are always welcomed to use my aftermath.

t722j

Addicted to Softballfans
The ONLY thing that sucks about this weather.... ball doesn't start til the end of April! 5 weeks is too long to wait!

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The ONLY thing that sucks about this weather.... ball doesn't start til the end of April! 5 weeks is too long to wait!

We get going April 17th or 18th!

What's going to get me is that my last hockey game is the 24th, then I'll just sit around until softball starts (minus BP...which is standing around). I'll be bored enough that I'll watch far too much of the Las Vegas conference tournament online next weekend.

t722j

Addicted to Softballfans
Our leagues start the last week... way to long in my opinion!
I've already played more golf this year (2 rounds) than softball.

Akij987

If any of you guys are looking for an ASA bat, I'm selling my Freak 52 for $90. It is a 26oz. LMK if you're interested.

Wish I had some extra cash, I've been wanting to try one of them out in a 26oz, one of the guys on my team last year had one but it was a 28oz way to heavy for this ninja. but between moving next weekend and just getting back to work again my funds are all chewed up.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I think they're solid bats. Seems like they take a while to break in with 52's, but it'll get there.

Akij987

Yeah I think my teammate hit utrip balls to break his in, but it developed a pretty nasty rattle right away. He really seemed to like it though. I dunno I keep buying bats but keep going back to my z1000, I have yet to find a bat that fits my swing as good as it does. I'm just afraid it'll break and I'll be a super sad panda then.