Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
C to B:
State Farm
Med City Express
Bud/Demarini (4th in a 36 team national)

D to C:
Clark Builders
B&G (also bumped from nationals)
Xpress Fitness (3rd in 27 team state)
Outdoorsmen (also bumped from nationals)
On1
Rogotzke
Malecha (4th in 34 team state)
AMEC

E to D:
Concrete Doctor
1st Assembly
River Inn
Arnie's
Smoquehouse

I was right on all but two of these teams getting bumped.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say no one.

Next year's early favorites at D
A&B
EAI
Warriors
Deweys

Hoping we play well next yr.. we only had our full team for nats..but we played pretty decent outside of mound and corkys..

Run ruled our way through the "d" in sioux falls and tier 3 in firemans, beat x-press fitness in a small town tourney , 2 and 2 at "c" state. Beat key guys and oss . Was up on Tryon by 14 in iavnhoe. Only to have them come back because it's was unlimited homers on a baseball fld and couldn't keep up with them..and made the 2 and 0 bracket at fall state.. beat some main event team that we were told were pretty good in utrip.... BUT WE STILL LOST TO CLIVES AT MOUND

Might be looking for a pitcher..
Had jon grams from manixs pitch for us at fall state.. that kid can throw the best knuckler I have ever seen.. fun young kid to have on the team..

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I think after Pfeff posts the bumps, he throws his phone and computer onto highway 55, and doesn't get a replacement for a month.

At least, that's what I'd do. Guessing he's getting some messages today.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know how people can continue to complain, if you play state and or nationals you have a chance to be bumped. I could be wrong but the key guys were maybe the last non auto bump 4 or 5 years ago? I can see the 2 c teams points but you can't start making exceptions, that would open up a can of worms in my opinion. State Farm has also been an upper level c team for a few years. I believe if you don't bump, you end up making it too hard to compete for some of the lower teams or teams that just got bumped. The 2 years I played c were not fun, the only fun we had was a minor run at tier 2 firemans with half those wins against d teams.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know how people can continue to complain, if you play state and or nationals you have a chance to be bumped. I could be wrong but the key guys were maybe the last non auto bump 4 or 5 years ago? I can see the 2 c teams points but you can't start making exceptions, that would open up a can of worms in my opinion. State Farm has also been an upper level c team for a few years. I believe if you don't bump, you end up making it too hard to compete for some of the lower teams or teams that just got bumped. The 2 years I played c were not fun, the only fun we had was a minor run at tier 2 firemans with half those wins against d teams.

Here is the only problem, you complain that the bump from D to C is no fun and it is to hard to compete.

Have you See the Teams at B Nationals this year, you are asking the C teams to make the jump from C, to a legit conference team.

Below are a Couple Exampls of the "B" Teams allowed in ASA

Western Son/KV Weld/ASP
Cory Briggs -Starting 3B for Smash it (Major)
Dalton Cross
Daniel Evans
Mychael Evans
Jason Ferguson
Toby Letak -Starting MI for Xtreme (AA World Champs)
Brian McBryde- Started for Precision (AA Runner up) going to Dan Smith Major 2018
Ryan Morrow
Conner Murray
Lyf Nimmo Role Player for Xtreme (AA World Champs)
James Sparrow- TG Brand A class in the conference
Ethan Stuckly - Played with BHR (A National Champ 2016)
Zane Trammell- Played for Nightmare AA
Adam Ussery Starting SS for Thunder (Major)
Cooper Vittitow Role Player Xtreme (AA World Champs)

Bay Area Legends Were AA All Year Long, with the addition of the following players
Pilar Amaya (Monsta Super Team)
John Brown
Joel Gonzalez
Luis Gonzalez
MARIO GRANADOS (Monsta Super Team Starter)
Vincent (Chente) Granados (Monsta Super Team Starter, and played Major for New Breed)
Travis Houseman
Rob Humphrey
Erik Kanaby Smash It Major Team
JERRAD MESSERSMITH (Monsta Super Team)
Jeff Renno
Jack Richardson
Stuart Snell (Racks Major)
Carlos Vasquez
Steve Whaley (Monsta Super Team Starter, and played Major for New Breed)

So I understand that the jump from D to C can be hard, but it is not even a fair statement to say it is close to making the jump from C to B

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Pfeff has proposed that the national plater rating board will start taking rosters from the other associations and bump their asa rating based on that. ie. Conference players

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Pfeff has proposed that the national plater rating board will start taking rosters from the other associations and bump their asa rating based on that. ie. Conference players

That is fine it is just going to take a couple years to get all the hiccup outs. Also top 10% bumps should not just be at the C D and E levels.

It should be flat across the board

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is the only problem, you complain that the bump from D to C is no fun and it is to hard to compete.

Have you See the Teams at B Nationals this year, you are asking the C teams to make the jump from C, to a legit conference team.

Below are a Couple Exampls of the "B" Teams allowed in ASA

Western Son/KV Weld/ASP
Cory Briggs -Starting 3B for Smash it (Major)
Dalton Cross
Daniel Evans
Mychael Evans
Jason Ferguson
Toby Letak -Starting MI for Xtreme (AA World Champs)
Brian McBryde- Started for Precision (AA Runner up) going to Dan Smith Major 2018
Ryan Morrow
Conner Murray
Lyf Nimmo Role Player for Xtreme (AA World Champs)
James Sparrow- TG Brand A class in the conference
Ethan Stuckly - Played with BHR (A National Champ 2016)
Zane Trammell- Played for Nightmare AA
Adam Ussery Starting SS for Thunder (Major)
Cooper Vittitow Role Player Xtreme (AA World Champs)

Bay Area Legends Were AA All Year Long, with the addition of the following players
Pilar Amaya (Monsta Super Team)
John Brown
Joel Gonzalez
Luis Gonzalez
MARIO GRANADOS (Monsta Super Team Starter)
Vincent (Chente) Granados (Monsta Super Team Starter, and played Major for New Breed)
Travis Houseman
Rob Humphrey
Erik Kanaby Smash It Major Team
JERRAD MESSERSMITH (Monsta Super Team)
Jeff Renno
Jack Richardson
Stuart Snell (Racks Major)
Carlos Vasquez
Steve Whaley (Monsta Super Team Starter, and played Major for New Breed)

So I understand that the jump from D to C can be hard, but it is not even a fair statement to say it is close to making the jump from C to B

I totally here what your saying and agree. I don't know the best way to fix it, maybe allow the teams freshly bumped to play b locally and c nationally? maybe same for new c teams to play d nationals?

Have usssa and asa USA all the same rankings?

We were kicked out of frolics 2 years ago for being c asa. Fast forward this year at frolics lower I saw a team black sheep that had an asa b player and others that had played c or higher asa and usssa and were allowed to play? I do think locally here in Mn asa does a much better job than usssa.

This year the one good asa d tourney we had was Corkys, and we beat all the Mn teams we played, but the top 5 or so teams were all out of state. Maybe outdoorsman were the lone Mn top team? I think the team that ended our run was from Nebraska or Illinois? Anyway they had the best infield i had seen, better than any c team I saw for 2 years.

So for rambling on:)

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just glad we get a birth automatically for C nationals next year, granted its unpaid. Then we don't have to just play qualifiers the whole summer, and can mix in a few fun tourneys. I think we can compete, if we play up to potential. Should be fun, if its not then you shouldn't play!

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just glad we get a birth automatically for C nationals next year, granted its unpaid. Then we don't have to just play qualifiers the whole summer, and can mix in a few fun tourneys. I think we can compete, if we play up to potential. Should be fun, if its not then you shouldn't play!

And it's at t.i... close to home

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
And it's at t.i... close to home
Yup. To be honest in OKC, I wasn't to impressed with 2 of the 4 fields. Integris and the show field were nice, but the other 2 were less desirable. We didn't get to play on the show, but we did on integris. They need to make the infields bigger.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Yup. To be honest in OKC, I wasn't to impressed with 2 of the 4 fields. Integris and the show field were nice, but the other 2 were less desirable. We didn't get to play on the show, but we did on integris. They need to make the infields bigger.

Is that why everyone is in the grass?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The Integris field has that concrete in the OF that makes me nervous when I watch OF run towards it. Hopefully they can pad that area eventually, too. Seems dangerous.