Minnesota Thread

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any use for 4 or 5 dozen .44 375 n.i.b. Asa xrocks..

Cleaning out a closest in my shed and found a few boxes of these , forgot i had them....

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I just wanted to mention that a chunk of the guys on here are forgetting they've played softball with me. So...apparently my arm is not as good as a minor leaguer? I bet most of you haven't even seen me throw overhand! Jerks.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I just wanted to mention that a chunk of the guys on here are forgetting they've played softball with me. So...apparently my arm is not as good as a minor leaguer? I bet most of you haven't even seen me throw overhand! Jerks.
I couldn't figure out the best way to put it into words.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Played with the ex starting catcher at Florida and Nebraska. He had an absolute cannon
Cody? He also has questionable business practices, way NGTG

Didn't start either, for what that's worth...the arm is real, couldn't fake that

Explains why he came off as shady. the only thing I knew was his gf took a job MN and next thing I knew he was gone.

freeze2104

Average E ringer

I've seen it! Ball comes off of it like a t-shirt cannon! Next year will be interesting for sure.. if plans go through there could be some pretty legit C teams in USSSA.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any use for 4 or 5 dozen .44 375 n.i.b. Asa xrocks..

Cleaning out a closest in my shed and found a few boxes of these , forgot i had them....

Yes, possibly. Might run a coed tourney, and make guys swing wood bats. So we would probably hit 44's

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I've seen it! Ball comes off of it like a t-shirt cannon! Next year will be interesting for sure.. if plans go through there could be some pretty legit C teams in USSSA.

How did you know about my love of t-shirt cannons?! Yeah it's...gotten weird. Too bad what happened to your squad. You guys had a good team.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Beardsley's team is no more. Our team added Chris Olson and Chad Schmode from his squad. Throbrogger went to Chanticlear. Lots of potential good players available from that squad unless they found a home; Noor, Hassler, Judd, Fro, Bixler and Novak.

We also added Jake Meyers and Andy Boyd. Blueline added Jesse Welter. Fadden is with Mayhem. Hines and Barber are with Chanticlear, as well.

Those are the only USSSA moves I can think or know of.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I know eai is playing owatonna d Corkys, we signed up for Faribualt. We were thinking better fields there? What do you guys think ? Owatonna you can watch the upper when not playing? Championship games are 3 hours earlier for Faribualt though.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
We stayed a couple minutes from the Faribault fields one year when we played in Owatonna at the main fields. The drive really wasn't that bad to go back and forth.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Deweys is playing in faribault for the reason that we don't have to drive all over town playing on snow fenced flds..
We did get to play 7 am Sunday on the show for, so that was kinda cool. Beat cidw.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Deweys is playing in faribault for the reason that we don't have to drive all over town playing on snow fenced flds..
We did get to play 7 am Sunday on the show for, so that was kinda cool. Beat cidw.
Yeah the snow fences scare a few of our guys, how far are they?

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
290' isn't bad. Are the games in Owatonna still spread throughout 5 Elementary schools? Looks to be more MN teams in Owatonna? maybe out of state at Faribault? Top MN teams maybe more Owatonna?

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I hate that two tournaments I love to play in (Corky's and Firemen's) have the worst set up for fields. Short fences, schools with snow fences on gym class fields or no fence at all. Huge benefit of being on an Upper team is avoiding those types of fields, mostly. Yay for a USA Softball B roster in 2018!

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah we played on both show flds at firemans and corkys... those flds are pretty nice..

That north fld at firemans would suck to play on.. the one that has tar and a drain in right fld.. my dumb ass would be the one to dive on that..

But that's why we are trying faribault this yr.. haven't played there in a few yrs.. back in the "dd" days of districts..

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I personally like playing Faribault over Owatonna. Better complex and it's a cloverleaf so you can watch other games while hanging out without having to walk around the fairgrounds.

Pistol148

Addicted to Softballfans
Mankato will be hosting a tournament this year also. June 15th-17th. Handful of teams already signed up. Something to consider.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
We'd play faribault if we were interested in playing and going home. The fields are nicer but its like you play in a different tourney.
I get that, I am torn on whether we should switch to owatonna? I kind of wanted to watch the big boys, being in Faribualt I probably wouldn’t make it down to owatonna.