Minnesota Thread

philtos

Mankato will be hosting a tournament this year also. June 15th-17th. Handful of teams already signed up. Something to consider.
Trying to get it going again in North Mankato. Been probably ten years since the days Hub's ran three of them with about 60 teams each weekend. Using Minnesota USA site and social media to promote along with messenger. Had a lot of good responses. Now just waiting for teams to set their schedules and send in registration, payments. Best promotion is listing paid teams.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Trying to get it going again in North Mankato. Been probably ten years since the days Hub's ran three of them with about 60 teams each weekend. Using Minnesota USA site and social media to promote along with messenger. Had a lot of good responses. Now just waiting for teams to set their schedules and send in registration, payments. Best promotion is listing paid teams.

We play this one, or maybe Spud Fest? We are trying not to do back to back weekends. Hike the payouts up to Spud Fests:)

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
What size flds are they .?? How many flds..??

Pretty sure we will be playing there in june

They are the same as our old Marshall fields just nicer. If they play on the quad those fields are like 280' and there is 2 fields right next to it that are 300'. We played state on the 280' fields last year.

Attachments

• kato.JPG
    kato.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 8

philtos

They are the same as our old Marshall fields just nicer. If they play on the quad those fields are like 280' and there is 2 fields right next to it that are 300'. We played state on the 280' fields last year.
This is correct and would love to have your team back again.
I would play on the four for the atmosphere unless I get a great number and we play winner brackets on the 300s
www.caswellsports.com/caswellpark

Last edited:

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually the payouts are pretty good for Mankato tourney, pays out pretty well to top teams. I have never won a tourney, maybe Carver Firemans one year? So I like when they payout decent for 2nd through 5th.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
Beardsley's team is no more. Our team added Chris Olson and Chad Schmode from his squad. Throbrogger went to Chanticlear. Lots of potential good players available from that squad unless they found a home; Noor, Hassler, Judd, Fro, Bixler and Novak.

We also added Jake Meyers and Andy Boyd. Blueline added Jesse Welter. Fadden is with Mayhem. Hines and Barber are with Chanticlear, as well.

Those are the only USSSA moves I can think or know of.

Me and Birdie went to stoop. Last I heard Noor is with a conference team.. can't remember the name but it's basically the old syndicate team. There are possibly another couple moves you'll have to stay tuned for ;)

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I've never played in Mankato, but the tourney seems like it'll be a good one. Hopefully it fills up.

I wish we were able to play that weekend.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Me and Birdie went to stoop. Last I heard Noor is with a conference team.. can't remember the name but it's basically the old syndicate team. There are possibly another couple moves you'll have to stay tuned for ;)

Noor's conference team folded.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Noor's conference team folded.
His MN based team folded, it sounds like he's on another.

Sounds like Joe Danforth is trying to sneak some appeals thru. I clicked on there beer bust and he's pretty open about that he wont post the full roster because he's got guys petitioning and doesn't want there names on his roster until they win appeals.

Last edited:

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
His MN based team folded, it sounds like he's on another.

Sounds like Joe Danforth is trying to sneak some appeals thru. I clicked on there beer bust and he's pretty open about that he wont post the full roster because he's got guys protesting and doesn't want there names on his roster until they win appeals.

From what I've been told his other one has also fallen through. He has a free agent interview out on SoftballCenter.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
From what I've been told his other one has also fallen through. He has a free agent interview out on SoftballCenter.

He is a free agent currently. I'm sure he'll find a good team to join.

Sounds like Joe Danforth is trying to sneak some appeals thru. I clicked on there beer bust and he's pretty open about that he wont post the full roster because he's got guys petitioning and doesn't want there names on his roster until they win appeals.

Color me not surprised. Best D team ever.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I don't think I've seen them since we played them at state about four years ago. Who knows how many guys are the same from back then.