Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

Why has nobody tried to counter the Frolics with a different tournament? The thing has been going downhill for at least a couple years. Grab some of these teams that are so mad about how it's being run, and have them get a tourney together. Then the people running it can have the tourney that they want, a Brooklyn Center league team tournament.
I certainly agree with this idea. In my opinion where the frolics starting going down hill was making up their own set of rules for this specific tourney yet ran it as a utrip tourney. Example, Team A is approved to play usssa with approved roster, team A is now for some reason not allowed to play in frolics with same roster, Justification? Logic? None and None. Team A is put into a bracket, Team A is then removed from bracket after some complaining. The people who run the tourney are 150% clueless to anything related to softball and rely on some previous experiences from 10 years ago and beyond to make random, non rational decisions.

He needs to be banned from anything involved with softball.
Not a truer statement has been spoken, guy is absolute clown and a joke around any an all softball events, I hate to talk negatively about anyone but has run the frolics into the ground.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Why has nobody tried to counter the Frolics with a different tournament? The thing has been going downhill for at least a couple years. Grab some of these teams that are so mad about how it's being run, and have them get a tourney together. Then the people running it can have the tourney that they want, a Brooklyn Center league team tournament.

There are plenty of tourneys that could be run, but its not about the competition it is about being able to play Crystal Frolics. It was always the centerpiece to the USSSA schedule every summer. You played this, and then about 2 weeks off then state, then nationals and worlds. It was like the final push of the year. It is like the last fun tourney before everything gets serious. You could take those same teams and offer to play at Noble and those guys would say no because it is not about playing it is about being at Frolics.

It is just like how Friendly City use to be, you just wanted to be part of the tourney for ASA.

Hell look what the hell litchfield has put together. 6 years ago that was a podunk tourney that had strictly local league teams, Now its a whos who of upper teams. And they still get 34-40 teams to come out.

Now with that said what they are doing to this tourney is all special interest bull****. Kenny doesnt want to deal with high level games, reason being is that he is lazy. He can umpire a ****ty league team and stand behind home plate and give a half assed effort and not move from behind home plate and nobody will say a word. He knows he cant do that with upper teams, because they want more.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
There are plenty of tourneys that could be run, but its not about the competition it is about being able to play Crystal Frolics. It was always the centerpiece to the USSSA schedule every summer. You played this, and then about 2 weeks off then state, then nationals and worlds. It was like the final push of the year. It is like the last fun tourney before everything gets serious. You could take those same teams and offer to play at Noble and those guys would say no because it is not about playing it is about being at Frolics.

It is just like how Friendly City use to be, you just wanted to be part of the tourney for ASA.

Hell look what the hell litchfield has put together. 6 years ago that was a podunk tourney that had strictly local league teams, Now its a whos who of upper teams. And they still get 34-40 teams to come out.

Now with that said what they are doing to this tourney is all special interest bull****. Kenny doesnt want to deal with high level games, reason being is that he is lazy. He can umpire a ****ty league team and stand behind home plate and give a half assed effort and not move from behind home plate and nobody will say a word. He knows he cant do that with upper teams, because they want more.
But you can do what Litchfield did with a new tourney. Except with this one, you're starting with the top local teams and building from there, and creating a destination tournament two weeks before the push for the rest of the season. Turn it into Utrip's version of Litchfield. There's obviously some desire for a big tournament this weekend, since they've wrecked Frolics upper division. I guess it's a matter of, is this a problem people want to solve, or a problem people want to complain about?

Kenny is terrible at league games, too. Legit the worst of the 6 umps in the Wednesday league. Here's a guy that has messed up the number of innings in a game more than once while I've been playing. If I heard correctly, he was replaced in a church league.

When the Frolics is a 20 team D tournament that lets Blueline and a couple other C teams play down, Kenny and his boys will be happy.

Beauner

Starting Player
He told me to read the rulebook last year at state regarding a rule that was clearly in the rulebook that he was sure wasn't.
I've never even owned a UTrip rulebook and I knew the exact rule. Such a massive ego and such a dog**** umpire.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone with some connections with city officials need to convince Woodbury to host a big tournament. Have it the weekend of Frolic’s. Great fields, plenty around for non ball players to do and see, and it’s not too far out of everyone’s way.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
But you can do what Litchfield did with a new tourney. Except with this one, you're starting with the top local teams and building from there, and creating a destination tournament two weeks before the push for the rest of the season. Turn it into Utrip's version of Litchfield. There's obviously some desire for a big tournament this weekend, since they've wrecked Frolics upper division. I guess it's a matter of, is this a problem people want to solve, or a problem people want to complain about?

Kenny is terrible at league games, too. Legit the worst of the 6 umps in the Wednesday league. Here's a guy that has messed up the number of innings in a game more than once while I've been playing. If I heard correctly, he was replaced in a church league.

When the Frolics is a 20 team D tournament that lets Blueline and a couple other C teams play down, Kenny and his boys will be happy.

Thats the problem, the lower level Teams are playing Frolics to win money, they ***** cause they dont want someone better to be there and take the money.

Litchfield has all the local teams that are playing case it is their town tourney and they want to sit there and drink beer pla 4 games max and hangout and watch some decent softball. I remember when I played there and there was 400 people that stood around waiting for the Homerun derby to watch to oooh and aah and drink beer.

Same homerun derby I pitched, I pitch all Homerun derbys in front of the L screen. Some local saw me do and thought he could to, till his buddy pasted him in the thigh

wildthing81

Thats the problem, the lower level Teams are playing Frolics to win money, they ***** cause they dont want someone better to be there and take the money.

Litchfield has all the local teams that are playing case it is their town tourney and they want to sit there and drink beer pla 4 games max and hangout and watch some decent softball. I remember when I played there and there was 400 people that stood around waiting for the Homerun derby to watch to oooh and aah and drink beer.

Same homerun derby I pitched, I pitch all Homerun derbys in front of the L screen. Some local saw me do and thought he could to, till his buddy pasted him in the thigh
Here's my thought on the issue, Frolic is dead any way after this year, they are bulldozing becker park and replacing the softball fields with a playground and soccer field so odds are strong it will be a D only Tourney at welcome in the coming years. 2. Litchfield started small and grew, you have to start some where, I think if you had another tourney that same weekend, lets say at the new Sand Creek complex in Coon Rapids its got 6 fields. You could have a great deal of games played in the same park, the draw in my opinion would need to have the carnival type of atmosphere that Litch and Frolics has, so Beer tent, vendors and of course a decent amount of good teams. It might take 2 or 3 years but Litch caught on and certainly is now on the bigger ASA teams schedule each year. The city of Crystal made a determination that the frolics tourney and festival as its held now was not a big priority and went ahead an approved the change to Becker park, if teams in future years stop showing up for the event, (which I believe they will similar to how Whiz Bang died off) then the payouts would be nill and the attraction of a better tourney that weekend could work...just my two cents.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Frolics Gold: Maniax
Frolics Bronze: The Crew
Cajun Classic: All Out
Rocky Mountain Shootout: Newbreed

Last edited:

JMac612

Addicted to Softballfans
Frolics Gold: Blueline
Frolics Silver: The Crew
Cajun Classic: All out
Rocky Mountain Shootout: NewBreed

bl19

Addicted to Softballfans
Frolics Gold Blueline
Frolics Bronze The Crew
Cajun Classic Baugh Ford
Rocky Mountain Newbreed

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I wonder what the crowds will be like up at the Frolics this weekend. I'm guessing pretty close to normal, because no matter the big deal people make about who is running it and who is playing, the same people that go every year will show up to drink beer and stand around.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I wonder what the crowds will be like up at the Frolics this weekend. I'm guessing pretty close to normal, because no matter the big deal people make about who is running it and who is playing, the same people that go every year will show up to drink beer and stand around.

Or bigger since it's sounds like it could never hold this many teams again.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Or bigger since it's sounds like it could never hold this many teams again.
Yeah, that makes sense. They're losing three fields or so.

Side note...that guy getting **** on Facebook that is looking to pick up for Frolics is actually really good. I've played with him and against him.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, that makes sense. They're losing three fields or so.

Side note...that guy getting **** on Facebook that is looking to pick up for Frolics is actually really good. I've played with him and against him.

Really good? Tell us more... D or C talent?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
He might be good but unless his attitude changes he won’t get on a good roster.
I honestly haven't read through all of it, so I don't know what he's saying. Those posts that end up with a lot of responses lose me. He was cool for the one fall and the couple times we play him every year.

Important to not be a **** if you're trying to be picked up.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I honestly haven't read through all of it, so I don't know what he's saying. Those posts that end up with a lot of responses lose me. He was cool for the one fall and the couple times we play him every year.

Important to not be a **** if you're trying to be picked up.
He just came off as a cocky little kid who thinks he is god’s gift to the softball world.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess the really might have been aggressive, but he's good.

He'd start on a good D team or a low to middle C team in a corner OF spot, IMO.
That makes sense. I stopped reading the Facebook thread and was curious what your thoughts were on him.