Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Frolics Gold: Blueline
Frolics Bronze: The Crew
Cajun Classic:All Out/A&A
Rocky Mountain Shootout: Newbreed

It's absolutely pathetic that there are 12 Gold teams and 48 Bronze teams.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Cincinnati was rained out, so I'll give first place points to the four teams that tied for 1st, but no 2nd or 3rd.

Here are this weeks results:

Thelastsamurai (M&M Construction) - 166
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 160
JMac612 (MN Monitoring) - 150
TSfingrocks (Element Exteriors) - 148
Jimbo81 (Arnies) - 142

MNBaller (Dewey's) - 141
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 140
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 136
Beauner (1Micro) - 134
Bl19 (Precision Lining) - 130
Chembry (Horsemen) - 123
Yoke (Horsemen) - 109
Ringer44 (Rampage) - 79
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsmen) - 69
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 54
Philtos - 33
Bubs77 (Silverbacks) - 11
Dunkky - 5

This weekend we have two divisions of Crystal Frolics and two conference tournaments.

Keep an eye on the thread in case another tourney is added. I forget what's going on in tourneys sometimes.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Last edited:

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Frolics Gold: Maniax
Frolics Silver: The Crew
Cajun Classic:AllOut
Rocky Mountain Shootout: Newbreed

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Frolics Gold: MN Property
Frolics Bronze: Joe Buck
Rocky Mountain: Classic Glass
Cajun: All Out

Last edited:

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any takes on the Dumba signing? 5 years/30 million. Seems steep to me. I know he is young, but now the third highest paid player on the team.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Anyone have any takes on the Dumba signing? 5 years/30 million. Seems steep to me. I know he is young, but now the third highest paid player on the team.

It's whatever to me... This team isn't going anywhere anytime soon, unless coyle and Nino pull their heads out and Parise and Suter can make it healthy to the playoffs then maybe we can get hot but we just carry too many middle of the road scorers and they all seem to hope someone else will score, but no one every does.

I have no hope for any MN teams in the near future. Sure the Vikes are the best of the bunch right now, but everyone knows they will blow it. I'll be happly proven wrong.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't followed the NHL too closely in a while (I just follow from a distance), but maybe they could have tried to sign a proved goal scorer. I don't know if there are any available though. I did hear that they are trying to lock up Zucker as well. His production has picked up every year and maybe he will be the goal scorer they need, but who knows.

Bob Vance

Had to sign him. Arbitrator assigned Trouba 5.5 million and he's not close to as established. Would have been paying the same to have Dumba for one more year after arbitration and then he would have been gone. He's an extremely good offensive defenseman. Gotta take some of the poor defensive mistakes with the good when you have a talent like that.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Frolics Gold: Maniax
Frolics Silver: The Crew
Cajun Classic: all out
Rocky Mountain Shootout: needbreed

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I haven't followed the NHL too closely in a while (I just follow from a distance), but maybe they could have tried to sign a proved goal scorer. I don't know if there are any available though. I did hear that they are trying to lock up Zucker as well. His production has picked up every year and maybe he will be the goal scorer they need, but who knows.
You pretty much have to get your big goal scorers out of the draft, because they rarely hit market. They've been trading their picks for too long, and have hosed themselves on that front.

Kind of have to ride this thing out for a couple years and see where it goes. They'll keep getting into the playoffs as a low seed, and maybe win a round.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Why has nobody tried to counter the Frolics with a different tournament? The thing has been going downhill for at least a couple years. Grab some of these teams that are so mad about how it's being run, and have them get a tourney together. Then the people running it can have the tourney that they want, a Brooklyn Center league team tournament.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone want to play out in central mn this wknd. We need a cpl guys. Glenwood waterama.. 12 teams one day 2flds.. lmk.. need 2 or 3. An outflder forsure

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Had to sign him. Arbitrator assigned Trouba 5.5 million and he's not close to as established. Would have been paying the same to have Dumba for one more year after arbitration and then he would have been gone. He's an extremely good offensive defenseman. Gotta take some of the poor defensive mistakes with the good when you have a talent like that.

You pretty much have to get your big goal scorers out of the draft, because they rarely hit market. They've been trading their picks for too long, and have hosed themselves on that front.

Kind of have to ride this thing out for a couple years and see where it goes. They'll keep getting into the playoffs as a low seed, and maybe win a round.

Fair points. Just curious what everyone else thought. I was a huge college hockey fan until the powers that be formed the Big 10 hockey conference. I have only followed from afar since. And I absolutely HATED Zucker when he played for Denver.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anyone want to play out in central mn this wknd. We need a cpl guys. Glenwood waterama.. 12 teams one day 2flds.. lmk.. need 2 or 3. An outflder forsure
I've heard that this is a fun tourney.

Fair points. Just curious what everyone else thought. I was a huge college hockey fan until the powers that be formed the Big 10 hockey conference. I have only followed from afar since. And I absolutely HATED Zucker when he played for Denver.
I followed college hockey until I was about 24. A good chunk because there wasn't a pro team and the Gophers were on every Friday and Saturday night. Plus, I recognized some of the late 90's guys from playing against my uncle. Once the guys my age graduated, I kinda checked out.

I hated everyone on Denver.