Minnesota Thread

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Did Carl go back on that? I probably missed it:).

The rumors portion of softballcenter and DW have said numerous times that Carl lifted his ban on his players playing utrip. I haven't seen anything said publicly from Carl himself, but that is to be expected. His ego will never admit he was wrong. In fact, if his ego hadn't gotten in the way, he would probably have a utrip bat already pass specs. But its probably a good thing since they can't keep up with production as it is.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Will they still be solid as two separate teams? Are both coaches staying with one side, or are they splitting too?

Beauner

Starting Player
Will they still be solid as two separate teams? Are both coaches staying with one side, or are they splitting too?
I'd imagine Blake and Tommy stay together and the 5-6 other guys catch on with other teams. I've got a rough idea of where at least 2-3 will land.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I'm wanting to swing a bat. Must be the snow and ice that makes me want to be outside. Only because I can't... well, shouldn't.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
It'll probably be a mixture of Midwest Swing / BBS / All American guys. If they get Demars I'd guess Poopstick will be around somewhere.

Beauner

Starting Player
1 for 4 with a homer..."Played great! Hit a homer!"
Nah. I'd only say that was a great game if the other 3 at bats were HROs with sick batflips. Or maybe a Happy Gilmore pony ride on the bat.

That's how I'm gonna get picked up for a team next year. Egregious HR cellies.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
After talking with some of the guys running it in Fargo I'm kinda surprised they didn't get it again. Unless it has to be rotated every year? They did a really nice job and that complex was great.

Beauner- I was the USA Rep and am on the Fargo Board. In ND, we rotate bidding on Nationals between Fargo and Bismarck/Mandan. We bid this year to get the E in 2020 because we were asked to try that one to see if we could out do our 2015 National of 76 teams. We expect we should be able to do that.

For 2019, Sioux Falls is trying to get it approved to be able to host an alternative D national. I haven't heard an update on it.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Nah. I'd only say that was a great game if the other 3 at bats were HROs with sick batflips. Or maybe a Happy Gilmore pony ride on the bat.

That's how I'm gonna get picked up for a team next year. Egregious HR cellies.
It's worth a shot.

It's weird, I can hit home runs in BP, but rarely in games. Some of it is that it's not my job, but also, it'd be nice to put one out every now and again and clear the bases. We'll see how that goes next year.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
What is he going to say now...he won't support any team that supports Flip and Big John? That list will get pretty long very shortly if he starts getting that nit picky. I don't know if he should have expected anything else when he says his players can't play utrip. Although the rumor on softballcenter is that he lifted his ban on his players playing both associations, but I haven't seen anything on the facebook page. I will say that I love the move by Flip and John.

Is anyone surprised that Flip and John went with someone that SIS exclusively distributes. SIS paid them to swing Anarchy to build that brand out. Flip and Big John live off being paid to play softball and by their sponsors so they have to go where the money is which is in part why they went to SIS last year midyear. I am sure Carl wasn't surprised at all and probably knew it was going to happen before any of the Utrip stuff.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Is anyone surprised that Flip and John went with someone that SIS exclusively distributes. SIS paid them to swing Anarchy to build that brand out. Flip and Big John live off being paid to play softball and by their sponsors so they have to go where the money is which is in part why they went to SIS last year midyear. I am sure Carl wasn't surprised at all and probably knew it was going to happen before any of the Utrip stuff.

Not surprised at all. In fact, I wish more of those players would leave Monsta. Maybe that would damper Carl's ego a little, but I doubt it. The only way his company started making money was to put the bats into the upper level utrip players to start with, getting the name recognition out there.

Beauner

Starting Player
It's worth a shot.

It's weird, I can hit home runs in BP, but rarely in games. Some of it is that it's not my job, but also, it'd be nice to put one out every now and again and clear the bases. We'll see how that goes next year.
I have a couple buddies who are similar. They'll routinely hit HRs in BP but during games they know their job is to get on base, not hit HRs. Late in the game with runners on they'll go after a bump if we have one left and fail. It's kinda funny.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I hit HRs never. I did manage one this year in cold temps, wind blowing out and we were out of HRs so it was a DBO.

When you're bad, you're bad.