Minnesota Thread

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I could see it maybe getting played with some sort of one pitch rules maybe for late Saturday Sunday ? But more than likely going to be delayed a lot? Did teams drop out?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Got to play 4 games yesterday. Fields were soggy, but it really wasn’t bad. They had a couple dudes putting dirt down and doing the fields. St. Joseph does a great job. Fun small tourney.

I do have to dig out my 2nd pair of cleats, just in case my regular ones don’t dry out by Wednesday.

Beauner

Starting Player
So 6's wild D split 1st place between M&M and Sauce Monkeys
Then third place to Venom and 4 other teams.

C was Stagecoach and somebody else.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I saw a post saying utrip was canceled.

All teams with only 1 loss tied for 3rd.
Andrews Park drains pretty well, it's too bad they couldn't get the games in.

I found a list for 3rd in C: Portside, Mn Monsters, Mercenaries, Venom, and Willies. Just gotta find the D one now.

healthbook2004

Addicted to Softballfans
So 6's wild D split 1st place between M&M and Sauce Monkeys
Then third place to Venom and 4 other teams.

C was Stagecoach and somebody else.

Game with Venom was a battle, but so was the game with Minnesota Heat for us(Express). I was happy we got the tourney in with the big rain that was supposed to arrive, but never happened lol. I know there was some pissed off people about the way it was ran and I thought I heard there was a little argument with Geno Buck and a manager of a D team about the way it was being run.

Speaking for Express/M&M it would've been fun to see who battled back and if we would've been able to beat Sauce Monkeys. I would assume Venom would've come back through.

Beauner

Starting Player
Andrews Park drains pretty well, it's too bad they couldn't get the games in.

I found a list for 3rd in C: Portside, Mn Monsters, Mercenaries, Venom, and Willies. Just gotta find the D one now.
Knutson/Warriors got the host berth
Showbombs unpaid berth.

Beauner

Starting Player
Game with Venom was a battle, but so was the game with Minnesota Heat for us(Express). I was happy we got the tourney in with the big rain that was supposed to arrive, but never happened lol. I know there was some pissed off people about the way it was ran and I thought I heard there was a little argument with Geno Buck and a manager of a D team about the way it was being run.

Speaking for Express/M&M it would've been fun to see who battled back and if we would've been able to beat Sauce Monkeys. I would assume Venom would've come back through.
I assume you guys would have had beat Sauce Monkeys based on what I saw.
You guys were rolling.

Sauce Monkeys must have had a hell of a weekend or be a totally different team than the one I saw last year.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'm sure it's tricky, because if you delay it and cancel it, people are mad they waited around or had another night at a hotel.

If you don't delay and cancel it, people are mad about it being decent to play the next day.

People just get mad.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I would of liked to have listened in to the arguments of Geno and the d manager. Talked to Geno for the first time a little bit Saturday afternoon, had heard mix feelings about him, I thought he was a super nice guy for the 2 minutes we talked. Then again we were lucky to have no loses.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Sunday would have been terrible to play right? Seemed to be raining with 30 mph winds, I think it was 39 degrees in Eden Prairie at noon

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans

Healthbook2004? Haha

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I assume you guys would have had beat Sauce Monkeys based on what I saw.
You guys were rolling.

Sauce Monkeys must have had a hell of a weekend or be a totally different team than the one I saw last year.

Venom had some good hitters. 3rd baseman hit it hard, so did 3rd batter. Top two guys in the lineup from crew were solid.

Heats cf I thought was also very good all around player, Reme and his dad got a little heated, I thought it was funny. I really don’t know them though.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Yeah I would of liked to have listened in to the arguments of Geno and the d manager. Talked to Geno for the first time a little bit Saturday afternoon, had heard mix feelings about him, I thought he was a super nice guy for the 2 minutes we talked. Then again we were lucky to have no loses.
Saw on one of the two Facebook pages that it was some dude from Lifted Optics.

I'll do the picks standings this afternoon. We can add in who took 3rd in C once that all gets figured out.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans

I'll do the picks standings this afternoon. We can add in who took 3rd in C once that all gets figured out.
C T-3 with Show bombs and Warrior, and I believe 3rd place money was split with those 2 teams.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Three tournaments this past weekend, and everyone got some points out of the conference tourney. Seemed like the trickiest one was the D tourney.

Here are this weeks results:

JMac612 (Blueline) - 55
Chembry (Horsemen) - 47
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 45
thelastsamurai (M&M) - 44
Beauner (The Unknown) - 40
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 38
BL19 (Precision) - 37
Yoke (Horsemen) - 37
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 36
Scunions22 (On1) - 34
TSFingRocks - 33
Larsl10 (Precision) - 31
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 31

There are two conference tourneys going on this weekend, so we'll pick those. Wild West Days has a lot of throw together teams, so that one doesn't really work out.

Things should pick up again next weekend, when Shakopee happens.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Last edited:

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Three tournaments this past weekend, and everyone got some points out of the conference tourney. Seemed like the trickiest one was the D tourney.

Here are this weeks results:

JMac612 (Blueline) - 55
Chembry (Horsemen) - 47
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 45
Beauner (The Unknown) - 40
thelastsamurai (M&M) - 39
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 38
BL19 (Precision) - 37
Yoke (Horsemen) - 37
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 36
Scunions22 (On1) - 34
TSFingRocks - 33
Larsl10 (Precision) - 31
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 31

There are two conference tourneys going on this weekend, so we'll pick those. Wild West Days has a lot of throw together teams, so that one doesn't really work out.

Things should pick up again next weekend, when Shakopee happens.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602
I forgot how the points work, do you get points if your team takes top 3 or if they win?

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans

I just happened to be standing there when the guy was running his mouth. Their game was supposed to start at like 6:30. Geno had been telling everyone to be there and ready to play an hour before game time. The game started shortly after 5:30. I noticed a guy walking up the path from one of the teams and he was obviously unhappy about the game starting before he got there. They lost and the manager walked over to HQ and was heated. He did a good job reeling it back in and shook Geno's hand. But a couple guys ran their mouths. Geno walked over and one guy who yelled that Geno should "learn how to run a tournament" turned his back to Geno. Geno approached him and the guy yelled for Geno to get away from his wife and kid... whom he stepped behind when he saw Geno coming. Overall, pretty comical. The manager ended up agreeing that they weren't there at the time they were told.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Watched the little "Purcell " blow up..
He got hit in the thigh or middle section pretty good then yelling.. next batter hits a ball on the ground and he fld it and threw the guy out at 2nd.
Looked like reyna kinda put his shoulder down for a little cheap shot..

Purcell always seems to be Involved it something