Minnesota Thread

Beauner

Starting Player
As a pitcher it frustrates the hell out of me. It’s hard enough to get a miss on one pitch.
Yep! I hated pitching that league. Make a good pitch to get a foul ball or whatever after a good first pitch strike. And then remembering it was basically worthless. Very frustrating.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
For the major, Xtreme starts with MPT, who gave them their first loss at AA. It'll be interesting to see how/if things change in the stadium.

Reactions: DFL

basilray

1 pitch is almost as dumb as courtesy fouls.

They ran a modified one pitch in Chaska to start the spring season. You pitched to the opposition, and a ball was a walk. It was pretty lame.

What I kind of liked was the end-of-season tournament they did. They ran match play based on winning an inning. First team to win 5 innings moved on. Kind of prevents a team from having one REALLY bad inning and being totally out of it. Better than 1 pitch w/ walks, but also means if you hang 10+ in an inning, you don't get credit for it, kindofish.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Eddie Rosario..... woof. What is his deal?
I didn’t mind the baserunning thing from last night. He’s having a weird year this year, though. I think he’s the guy that could get traded this winter.

I want to watch some USSSALive but don't want to spend $4.99. On a side note, probably going to spend $10+ on lunch from a fast food joint. Priorities.
It’s solid. I wouldn’t pay for it any other time than now, though. Stadium stream with multiple cameras is good.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I didn’t mind the baserunning thing from last night. He’s having a weird year this year, though. I think he’s the guy that could get traded this winter.

I've heard he's gone from alot of sources.

I have a problem with it. Stop at 2nd if that's how your coming out of the box. You shouldn't just be hitting max effort rounding 2nd. He's had so many hotdog plays and his approach at the plate reminds me of Jaques Jones.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I've heard he's gone from alot of sources.

I have a problem with it. Stop at 2nd if that's how your coming out of the box. You shouldn't just be hitting max effort rounding 2nd. He's had so many hotdog plays and his approach at the plate reminds me of Jaques Jones.
He's definitely showy. He hits a few bad pitches real hard, but it's gotten him to start swinging at a ton of bad pitches.

The Twins have a pile of OF depth, so we'll see if he's gone for a pitcher, and they have someone else play LF. Probably Wade or Kirilloff.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
He's definitely showy. He hits a few bad pitches real hard, but it's gotten him to start swinging at a ton of bad pitches.

The Twins have a pile of OF depth, so we'll see if he's gone for a pitcher, and they have someone else play LF. Probably Wade or Kirilloff.

I saw a stat that he swings at close to 50% of pitches out of the zone.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
He makes a couple dozen bone headed plays a year, but bats .280, 30 hrs, 100 rbis. I'll admit, he is frustrating a times to say the least(like the base running move the other night, absolutely killer). I would love to see Kiriloff play, but he seems to always be injured. Same with Buck. Maybe Wade will turn into something special, he has some good at bats. But is he a plus defender, or batter?

My thoughts are they need to get Berrios signed long term, and give Gerrit Cole as much money as he wants in the FA market. The bullpen could use some help, but for the most part they are under team control at reasonable salaries.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I want to watch some USSSALive but don't want to spend $4.99. On a side note, probably going to spend $10+ on lunch from a fast food joint. Priorities.
I spent the money. I know enough guys down there that I want to watch. If it stays $5 a month I'll probably get it all year next year. I can keep up with what's going on at the tournaments I'm not at and my kids like to watch the replays of the games I do when I get home from tournaments. Only thing upsetting me right now is that I can't watch the Stadium games on my Roku. Keeps kicking me out.

Beauner

Starting Player
He makes a couple dozen bone headed plays a year, but bats .280, 30 hrs, 100 rbis. I'll admit, he is frustrating a times to say the least(like the base running move the other night, absolutely killer). I would love to see Kiriloff play, but he seems to always be injured. Same with Buck. Maybe Wade will turn into something special, he has some good at bats. But is he a plus defender, or batter?

My thoughts are they need to get Berrios signed long term, and give Gerrit Cole as much money as he wants in the FA market. The bullpen could use some help, but for the most part they are under team control at reasonable salaries.
I think of all the outfielders we have, Rosario seems to be most likely to get traded.
He definitely puts up good numbers and he's the anti-Mauer in his approach (which I tend to appreciate-- balls don't have to be right down the middle for you to get a hit on it) and is usually a solid defensive outfielder (he's been struggling in RF when he's played there) and has a great arm.
But the Twins reportedly tried to sign him to the same type of deal they gave Kepler and Polanco (5 year, 30-35 million) to skip his arbitration years and he turned it down.
With Kepler, Buxton, Wade, Cave, and Marwin all at the MLB level and Arraez able to fill in out there at least at an average capability defensively. Plus we'll have Kiriloff and Rooker ready sooner than later (maybe as early as next season). I'd expect to see Rosario mentioned in trade rumors this off-season for a SP.
The bullpen is settling in pretty well with Duffey, May, Rogers, Dyson is under contract next year, Romo I'd guess would come back if they want him, Littell has shown to be a decent contributor out of the pen too. I think with another year of Wes Johnson working with these guys they'll improve even more.

Back up the truck to pay Gerrit Cole, get Graterol back into starting pitching form, Berrios, trade Rosario for a quality SP, then let Gonsalves/Perez/Thorpe battle for the 5th spot or bring back Pineda. That would be elite.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I think of all the outfielders we have, Rosario seems to be most likely to get traded.
He definitely puts up good numbers and he's the anti-Mauer in his approach (which I tend to appreciate-- balls don't have to be right down the middle for you to get a hit on it) and is usually a solid defensive outfielder (he's been struggling in RF when he's played there) and has a great arm.
But the Twins reportedly tried to sign him to the same type of deal they gave Kepler and Polanco (5 year, 30-35 million) to skip his arbitration years and he turned it down.
With Kepler, Buxton, Wade, Cave, and Marwin all at the MLB level and Arraez able to fill in out there at least at an average capability defensively. Plus we'll have Kiriloff and Rooker ready sooner than later (maybe as early as next season). I'd expect to see Rosario mentioned in trade rumors this off-season for a SP.
The bullpen is settling in pretty well with Duffey, May, Rogers, Dyson is under contract next year, Romo I'd guess would come back if they want him, Littell has shown to be a decent contributor out of the pen too. I think with another year of Wes Johnson working with these guys they'll improve even more.

Back up the truck to pay Gerrit Cole, get Graterol back into starting pitching form, Berrios, trade Rosario for a quality SP, then let Gonsalves/Perez/Thorpe battle for the 5th spot or bring back Pineda. That would be elite.
There is a less than 0% chance the Twins sign Cole. Would be nice, but it won’t happen.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I doubt they will sign Cole as well, but if you think of the money that will be off the books with Cron, Schoop, Gibson, Odorizzi, and Pineda they should have some available. Why not add an extra 15 million to the payroll? I don't give two shakes if they trade Rosario or not, but he puts up numbers. You can see with this team, that having depth is huge. I thought the Gonzalez signing was going to be a waste since we had Adrianza. But without Gonzalez and having Arraez contribute in a huge way, we would have had a hard time.

I really hope we get the Yankees in the first round and not the Astros....