Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

Felt like it. Was a good time! I remember you swinging that $79 Salvo the entire time, raking. lol!
Wooo Still got both of them as well!!! Comatose tried to give me a hard time about swinging an easton last year until I hit about 8 homers in 3 games off them. Say what you want about the ASA easton bats I've always hit well with them, its just not as forgiving as a Monsta or Demarini, square it up and it will go, miss it an its a 18 hopper to short.

wildthing81

I wish I would have gotten to play in the alumni tourney, but we only had 7 guys when the deadline came up. Hopefully CP can get a team in there again next year.

Fall firemen’s next weekend should be fun. We’ll be called Hot Ice.

Hot Ice...tell me thats a reference from the movie rookie of the year!!!!!

Beauner

Starting Player
Anybody playing the Natalia next weekend besides me?
I'm really kinda annoyed that they moved it to SRO but oh well.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
SRO blows, why the moved it from Sand Creek who knows maybe cheaper to rent the fields, but its a donkey show up there.....not the event of course which is for a great cause just playing at SRO in general
It most likely was the cost. It’s a poor choice for any benefit tournament. Too many people get drunk and dumb things always happen. And it’s an hour drive for me to get there.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I think I’ll be working on my house that weekend.

Last year I signed up because it was at Sand Creek, then it got moved. Only stayed because so many people backed out. Not really interested in playing at SRO unless I’m horribly desperate. I did have a fun team, and finished in the top 3-5 (it was late and cold).

Beauner

Starting Player
It most likely was the cost. It’s a poor choice for any benefit tournament. Too many people get drunk and dumb things always happen. And it’s an hour drive for me to get there.
I'd imagine SRO let Beards rent the fields for basically nothing knowing they'll make tons of money on booze sales.
My biggest problems with SRO are the distance (basically an hour away) and the fact that it's always an absolute zoo trying to get between fields. They have basically no room to sit around.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
It was also a Liability issue. As people got smashed and drove it in on the person who rented the field for liability. Now that takes the liability off the tourney.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I'll be at the Natalia. I don't care for SRO but I also am not playing in it for the fields. I just hope whoever drafts me lets me pitch so I don't need to play defense.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll be at the Natalia. I don't care for SRO but I also am not playing in it for the fields. I just hope whoever drafts me lets me pitch so I don't need to play defense.
I hope I get to pitch as well. This time of the year I love having a net. Especially after getting blasted at worlds.

wildthing81

Love the net Idea, pretty late in the year to be getting smoked with balls at 40 and 50 degrees, I know one year we played fall firemens open on the big baseball field at Dred and they had nets on that field as well which i thought was smart as well.

wildthing81

I also liked when they had the natalia at Clyde Andrews and the Airport fields in blaine, but I get what your saying. I've always had a good time at the Natalia even when I had to captain, one year I wore a Turtles ski mask for most of the tourney, I believe that was the year your brother played on my team, we had a great time that day.....Course when you signed up and answer position as P, I would hope they wouldnt stick ya in LF :)

Beauner

Starting Player
I hope I get to pitch as well. This time of the year I love having a net. Especially after getting blasted at worlds.
I always just tell them I basically pitch or catch and that's it. I can play right side of the infield somewhat functionally but 20 years of abusing my shoulder in baseball and 8 knee surgeries later I'm not really a candidate to run the outfield or fire a ball across the diamond. My arm strength has gotten better the last year or so as I've started doing some workouts to strengthen the area around it again but I would not be shocked if I had rotator cuff damage or something.

wildthing81

I always just tell them I basically pitch or catch and that's it. I can play right side of the infield somewhat functionally but 20 years of abusing my shoulder in baseball and 8 knee surgeries later I'm not really a candidate to run the outfield or fire a ball across the diamond. My arm strength has gotten better the last year or so as I've started doing some workouts to strengthen the area around it again but I would not be shocked if I had rotator cuff damage or something.
I had rotator cuff surgery cuff surgery in college, alot of miles on my arm from pitching. The surgery took away most of the pain and such but my arm strength never came back, still had a decent arm but not what it was. One day I met up with one of my old baseball buds and we chatted about arm strength and what not as i told him i was playing softball and he gave me this throwing program. I started throwing 2 to 3 times a week starting at certain short distances and working my way all the way out to 200 ft. Throwing program took about half hour to complete and I got 80-90 throws in per time. With in weeks I noticed not only was there 0 pain in my arm, but my arm strength came back and then some. I was throwing harder and farther then ever. So just some food for thought, all the years of lifting never did as much to strengthen my arm like the throwing program did. ....

Beauner

Starting Player
I had rotator cuff surgery cuff surgery in college, alot of miles on my arm from pitching. The surgery took away most of the pain and such but my arm strength never came back, still had a decent arm but not what it was. One day I met up with one of my old baseball buds and we chatted about arm strength and what not as i told him i was playing softball and he gave me this throwing program. I started throwing 2 to 3 times a week starting at certain short distances and working my way all the way out to 200 ft. Throwing program took about half hour to complete and I got 80-90 throws in per time. With in weeks I noticed not only was there 0 pain in my arm, but my arm strength came back and then some. I was throwing harder and farther then ever. So just some food for thought, all the years of lifting never did as much to strengthen my arm like the throwing program did. ....
Yeah I've kicked around the idea of having my brother put something together for me since that's basically how he makes a living (was a pitching coach, now working at Driveline and he has turned down at least 2 MLB affiliated job offers). I'm mostly convinced at this point that I've got at least a partial tear. And I'm too poor to pay for an MRI to confirm. My dad had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago and the surgeon said there was an extra flap of skin (I don't remember what the official word was that he used) but he said it was likely associated with the popliteal pterrygium syndrome that my dad and I were both born with. Said it likely caused a lot of excess pain and may have hurt functionality to a point. So that's clearly why I never threw 102mph. ;)

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I've kicked around the idea of having my brother put something together for me since that's basically how he makes a living (was a pitching coach, now working at Driveline and he has turned down at least 2 MLB affiliated job offers). I'm mostly convinced at this point that I've got at least a partial tear. And I'm too poor to pay for an MRI to confirm. My dad had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago and the surgeon said there was an extra flap of skin (I don't remember what the official word was that he used) but he said it was likely associated with the popliteal pterrygium syndrome that my dad and I were both born with. Said it likely caused a lot of excess pain and may have hurt functionality to a point. So that's clearly why I never threw 102mph. ;)
You should share the program your brother puts together for you. Pitchers gotta stick together!