Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Venom also had two of their guys foul out in the 7th.

Venom, Hazel Park and Ultimate Drywall all went 0-2
Sterling Trophy went 1-2
CPD and JEB play again at 4:30.

Beauner

Starting Player
Venom also had two of their guys foul out in the 7th.

Venom, Hazel Park and Ultimate Drywall all went 0-2
Sterling Trophy went 1-2
CPD and JEB play again at 4:30.
They sure did. They really hit like crap in their two games.
The pitcher yesterday looked awfully good - talked to a couple of the Venom guys and they said the wind was moving his knuckleball all over and the umpire was giving him a lot of really flat calls (he also gave Chuck at least 2 that I saw).
Today they just couldn't get anything strung together.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
A guy from the Jokers was ejected for throwing a bat. Jokers were down 2 in top of 6 with runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Dude struck out swinging and threw his bat at the backstop. The ump immediately ejected him.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I was watching Sterling Trophy play, and the ump stood in a real odd spot the whole game. Seems like a tough angle for calls.

He switched sides for the lefty's.

Attachments

• Ump.jpg
    Ump.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 17

Beauner

Starting Player
Fall firemen’s turned out fun, even though the weather was ****.

Express sure can hit, too.
Usssa fall state has been fun so far. They pushed the final 4 games to tomorrow so we could play full games which I think everyone appreciated. Turned into a decent afternoon and evening after the rain all morning and Lac Lavon held up pretty dang well.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Usssa fall state has been fun so far. They pushed the final 4 games to tomorrow so we could play full games which I think everyone appreciated. Turned into a decent afternoon and evening after the rain all morning and Lac Lavon held up pretty dang well.
Sand Creek was pretty solid, too. The infields were nice. Outfields were mushy, but that was as expected.

A&B too. They got us real good. Coors Light/Riverlink couldn't handle our internet prowess.
We didn’t exactly get a generous draw, but it was fun. 5 guys from SBF gets you at least 1 win.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
What kind of cor. Compression ball do they use for the most part in mn for utrip. ?? For most c or lower tourneys..

Beauner

Starting Player
What kind of cor. Compression ball do they use for the most part in mn for utrip. ?? For most c or lower tourneys..
Classic M balls are 40/325. Those are the standard for USSSA across the board I believe.

Some areas down south I think have moved to Classic M+ which is 52/275 but I don't think I've played anywhere using those.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Chembry, Lars, JMac got 1 point in the non-MN picks. Everyone else failed miserably.

Final standings!

Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 189
Beauner (The Unknown) - 187
thelastsamurai (Express) - 182
JMac612 (Blueline) - 184
BL19 (Precision) - 179
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 166
Chembry (Horsemen) - 165
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 162
TSFingRocks - 158
Larsl10 (Precision) - 143
Yoke (Horsemen) - 135
Scunions22 (On1) - 84
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 80

Congrats to Maximus on the 3rd win. You're well on your way to the picks game hall of fame, which is right next to the MSF hall of fame.

2018:
(Honestly, unless nobody got any points the last weekend, I can't find a last post, so here are the "final" standings)
1. Thelastsamurai
2. Maximus Decimus
3. Bell44

2017:
1. Maximus
2. Yoke
3. tsfingrocks

2016:
1. Maximus
2. Yoke
3. Sjoquist

2015:
1. Sjoquist
2. TS
3. Yoke
3. Squeaks

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Beauner

Starting Player
Damn. I saw my Worlds pick won their first two and then lost but made a bit of noise in the loser's bracket.
Wish I'd checked that ECSA team before I picked. They were like 4-1 this year against A and B teams

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn. I saw my Worlds pick won their first two and then lost but made a bit of noise in the loser's bracket.
Wish I'd checked that ECSA team before I picked. They were like 4-1 this year against A and B teams

I got lucky picking them. I saw they had a good record and a winning record against teams above their class. I also know from experience that teams in the north east play down.

When I played in Philly, E state would get 70-80 teams, D maybe 15, and C would get 4-6. I played on a E team out there that went 4-2 at D state the year before I joined and they were allowed to petitioned down to E. We went 1-2 at E state the next year because we ended about 8 innings on HR inning ending outs. Fast forward a few years (2017) and they are still technically an E team, but played D state. Ended up going 5-2 at D state and placed 5th as an “E” team.

wildthing81

A&B too. They got us real good. Coors Light/Riverlink couldn't handle our internet prowess.
Me and my Bro had fun at sand creek, weather obviously terrible, had to go home and get my glasses to keep the mist/rain out of my eyes as it was blowing sideways for two games and mud was splashing up in my face fielding grounders. I was hoping they would not cancel fall firements as the team i was playing with was all from Wisconsin except for me and my brother. We had a tough draw the last two games, we played the Kubes team that won the gold and were able to beat them and then we played stage coach (who won the open) and lost in a spirited pillow fight in the driving rain 6-3. woooo. The WI guys would like to move up and play B next year and I hope they do as we could always use more B teams, be interesting to see how the off season shakes out!!! I'm hearing rumors Comatose is trying to merge with a MN sponsor/team as well.