Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Just because it’s an open field doesn’t mean you need to try to hit every ball over the OFs heads. Singles are still legal.

We’re playing in Duk Duk, so hopefully that’s going well enough that I don’t have time to make it down to Firemens.

basilray

Just because it’s an open field doesn’t mean you need to try to hit every ball over the OFs heads. Singles are still legal.

We’re playing in Duk Duk, so hopefully that’s going well enough that I don’t have time to make it down to Firemens.
I don't hit for many HR's to begin with...

But even then, I'm debating going w/ a Corndog and just laying up singles instead of trying to hit "gaps" w/ the Torch

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I don't hit for many HR's to begin with...

But even then, I'm debating going w/ a Corndog and just laying up singles instead of trying to hit "gaps" w/ the Torch
If you’re normally a singles guy, I’d just swing the same thing so a grounder in the IF gets through faster. 4 man OF means a 4 man IF. Lots of holes.

(Unless your playing Dehn Bros from like 2011, when they had 3 OF on the open fields)

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I stopped out in Victoria and saw some of the worst umping I've seen in awhile. Legit watched a 1st basemen try to pick a low throw and it bounced off the tip of the glove. Ump calls out at first... lost it on the transfer.
The ball was rolling around and never caught.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I stopped out in Victoria and saw some of the worst umping I've seen in awhile. Legit watched a 1st basemen try to pick a low throw and it bounced off the tip of the glove. Ump calls out at first... lost it on the transfer.
And he had a good view of it, most likely from right behind the plate?

I hope none of you ever have to play OF at Begin Field for Duk Duk. That one sucked on Friday night.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
And he had a good view of it, most likely from right behind the plate?

I hope none of you ever have to play OF at Begin Field for Duk Duk. That one sucked on Friday night.
let's just say if he wasn't behind home the game had to be over and time to go on break.

basilray

No excuse for that kind of umping. That sounds really bad.

Things were pretty decent from what I saw at Fireman's, including our games. I did get away with a borderline illegal quick pitch a couple of times, but I'd call it "savvy pitching" more so than bad umpiring. 🤣

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The tourney in Elk River was fun. They put in some work to make it a solid one, even with just 6 teams in it.

I don’t know that I’m built for 6 games in 8 hours anymore. Oofda, the legs are sore today.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I know this will probably not happen but if this was before covid this is who I could see getting bumped.

D to C
651 won 73%
Jts won state
Country wide won 75%
Sonics won 81%
Irun won 75%

You need to do something to keep C alive but lord knows what. Pretty soon Blueline, chucks, & Coors will even get down.

It just really looks like a losing battle. Teams are dieing and the cesspool of Vets that are left demand to play as low possible. I've seen this play out in another competitive situation and it hung on to last a few more years after the migration to the lowest levels. There literally isn't a tournament to bring young teams to and avoid the guys who have been winning the same division for 10+ years.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Sonics are officially a s.d. team
So they won't get bumped unless they stop playing on those 240' flds till they're 40. And go play nats.. don't see it happening tho

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
But give them credit , they joined watertown s.d. league to see how they can do on a 300' fences.. only completion from them is a team that won rec 5 at McQuades

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Rochester D state was really solid. Nice complex, they took care of the fields, and everything went smoothly. I thought the teams were relatively level as well.

Now we’ll see if any of them move up.

Also, saw a deer run through the OF during a game for the first time ever, so that was something.

Remember when Stagecoach got 9th out of 9 at MSF Tier 1? Some team wearing Hawaiian shirts got 4th (they also beat the 9th place team). Fantastic run by them.

Yes everyone is aware players were in Shako but there were some embarrassing showings by top MN teams nonetheless.

Stagecoach walked in thinking it was theirs to lose but they just so happened to be the first team booted. Bye kids. At least they got to see their children by 6pm on Saturday.... Lucky!!!

Stoop went to bed early Saturday night just so they could get up by 8am and get 5th place. Oh well.

Hawaiian shirt bros beat the 9th place finishers Stagecoach as well as 1 seed Fairline and made a very respectable run to finish 4th.

Maniax had a great weekend, making the undefeated game. Lost a good game to the eventual champs and fell to a hot team in MMB to get back to Subaru.

MMB apparently didn't belong there according to the 9th place team but they made a great run. Bested Subaru in the Championship match but fell short in the IF game.

Subaru lost both in pool play but battled from a bottom seed in bracket play to win it all late on Sunday. They beat a hot MMB team to take Tier 1. Congrats!

This tourney had a lot of talent. Congrats to Subaru. With USA Nationals being in Virginia, this was somewhat of a stand-in Nationals for teams that don't want to fly to a weak USA field in VA.

Cambridge did a great job. I wish I could have paid more attention to the other divisions.

Ciao

NDSoftballJesus

The Rookie
Tell me you play for MMB without telling me you play for MMB..............

Remember when Stagecoach got 9th out of 9 at MSF Tier 1? Some team wearing Hawaiian shirts got 4th (they also beat the 9th place team). Fantastic run by them.

Yes everyone is aware players were in Shako but there were some embarrassing showings by top MN teams nonetheless.

Stagecoach walked in thinking it was theirs to lose but they just so happened to be the first team booted. Bye kids. At least they got to see their children by 6pm on Saturday.... Lucky!!!

Stoop went to bed early Saturday night just so they could get up by 8am and get 5th place. Oh well.

Hawaiian shirt bros beat the 9th place finishers Stagecoach as well as 1 seed Fairline and made a very respectable run to finish 4th.

Maniax had a great weekend, making the undefeated game. Lost a good game to the eventual champs and fell to a hot team in MMB to get back to Subaru.

MMB apparently didn't belong there according to the 9th place team but they made a great run. Bested Subaru in the Championship match but fell short in the IF game.

Subaru lost both in pool play but battled from a bottom seed in bracket play to win it all late on Sunday. They beat a hot MMB team to take Tier 1. Congrats!

This tourney had a lot of talent. Congrats to Subaru. With USA Nationals being in Virginia, this was somewhat of a stand-in Nationals for teams that don't want to fly to a weak USA field in VA.

Cambridge did a great job. I wish I could have paid more attention to the other divisions.

Ciao

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
What’s the scouting report on these MN teams coming down to Virginia this weekend? Minnesota Maniax and Oak Ridge Dental. Dunno if there are anymore but those are the only 2 that have a team in the usssa database.

basilray

Based on how hard I got shelled pitching against ORD Co-Ed on Friday...they should be pretty solid. They are going to hit, for sure.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
What’s the scouting report on these MN teams coming down to Virginia this weekend? Minnesota Maniax and Oak Ridge Dental. Dunno if there are anymore but those are the only 2 that have a team in the usssa database.
From what I've heard it's Manaix last ride. They were a big up and coming team but have fizzled and I've heard they are done.

ORD a bunch of guys who can get hot and a couple use to play in the conference but they only play 5 tourneys a year now.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Tell me you play for MMB without telling me you play for MMB..............
To be fair, it's pretty hilarious that a team tells MMB they don't belong there because they're just a crappy ND team and they're going to be a cake walk (i mean who does that?), then that team takes last place and MMB takes 2nd. Talk about instant karma. 😆

Beauner

Starting Player
We’d get ORD 2nd game assuming we both win. Maniax are in the other side of the bracket.
ORD can hit. And hit a lot. Especially when they're rolling.
They played really well at C nationals last year and finished well (I can't remember when they got knocked out but I remember they pulled off a dramatic comeback down like 9 in bottom 7 with two outs to win Sunday afternoon). Depending on who all they have in VA, and how much they care, they'll be a tough out.

Maniax is a question mark. They've got some really talented ballplayers and can be really tough to beat when they click. But they click far less often than they should with the amount of talent on the team. Idk what it is that holds them back tbh. The talent to compete at the highest levels is all there, they just seem to be missing something that puts it all together on a consistent basis.

mntrash

I know this will probably not happen but if this was before covid this is who I could see getting bumped.

D to C
651 won 73%
Jts won state
Country wide won 75%
Sonics won 81%
Irun won 75%

You need to do something to keep C alive but lord knows what. Pretty soon Blueline, chucks, & Coors will even get down.

It just really looks like a losing battle. Teams are dieing and the cesspool of Vets that are left demand to play as low possible. I've seen this play out in another competitive situation and it hung on to last a few more years after the migration to the lowest levels. There literally isn't a tournament to bring young teams to and avoid the guys who have been winning the same division for 10+ years.
“Cess pool of Vets that a left demand to play as low possible” like the guys you picked up for MSMA? as your pitcher who i have seen play up destroys every pitch we through him?

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
“Cess pool of Vets that a left demand to play as low possible” like the guys you picked up for MSMA? as your pitcher who i have seen play up destroys every pitch we through him?
You mean the guy who just had his 3rd acl surgery, hadn't played a game until August and is a legit D card? Good one.