Minnesota Thread

mntrash

I know this will probably not happen but if this was before covid this is who I could see getting bumped.

D to C
651 won 73%
Jts won state
Country wide won 75%
Sonics won 81%
Irun won 75%

You need to do something to keep C alive but lord knows what. Pretty soon Blueline, chucks, & Coors will even get down.

It just really looks like a losing battle. Teams are dieing and the cesspool of Vets that are left demand to play as low possible. I've seen this play out in another competitive situation and it hung on to last a few more years after the migration to the lowest levels. There literally isn't a tournament to bring young teams to and avoid the guys who have been winning the same division for 10+ years.
“Cess pool of Vets that a left demand to play as low possible” like the guys you picked up for MSMA? as your pitcher who i have seen play up destroys every pitch we through him?

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
“Cess pool of Vets that a left demand to play as low possible” like the guys you picked up for MSMA? as your pitcher who i have seen play up destroys every pitch we through him?
You mean the guy who just had his 3rd acl surgery, hadn't played a game until August and is a legit D card? Good one.

basilray

Anybody else playing Excelsior this weekend?

Not looking forward to the temps, or the drive from the S Metro for an 8a game, but...pretty much the last meaningful games of the year for me.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I stopped following when they started charging for streams.
I paid for it on occasion when Xtreme was playing still, but haven’t since. Wasn’t really worth the money, IMO. I’ll watch a free one.
Anybody else playing Excelsior this weekend?

Not looking forward to the temps, or the drive from the S Metro for an 8a game, but...pretty much the last meaningful games of the year for me.
I thought it looked like it’d be fun, but my October weekends are now toast for the next few years because of hockey coaching. I think last weekend was my last empty weekend until March.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Anyone been following the Usssa vs Wegman lawsuit? Sounds like he'd been gathering evidence since 2020 and potentially utrip and DD3 facing Rico charges.

basilray

I thought it looked like it’d be fun, but my October weekends are now toast for the next few years because of hockey coaching. I think last weekend was my last empty weekend until March.

It was a decent time, but it's a pain in the ass.

There's only one field, and they ran 2 games of pool play before brackets. We drew GAF at 9a, and naturally got stomped pretty hard. We played again at 10a and won.

We then didn't play again until about 3:30p. Those long layoffs are brutal, and in a setup like this, unavoidable.

As a guy who normally swings a 28oz bat, swinging the wood bats wasn't too bad. I barreled up one of my best hit balls of the year, one that would have been a no doubt HR w/ a composite bat, and it went like 250' for a beautiful fly out. I can't even imagine what the couple of guys who put one out at 280' would have done w/ a composite bat.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It was a decent time, but it's a pain in the ass.

There's only one field, and they ran 2 games of pool play before brackets. We drew GAF at 9a, and naturally got stomped pretty hard. We played again at 10a and won.

We then didn't play again until about 3:30p. Those long layoffs are brutal, and in a setup like this, unavoidable.

As a guy who normally swings a 28oz bat, swinging the wood bats wasn't too bad. I barreled up one of my best hit balls of the year, one that would have been a no doubt HR w/ a composite bat, and it went like 250' for a beautiful fly out. I can't even imagine what the couple of guys who put one out at 280' would have done w/ a composite bat.
The one field thing gets brutal at tourneys. It always seems to end up behind, too.

I’ve never played in a wood bat tourney, but now that I’ll qualify for over 40 next summer, might be time to get in the firemens one…

basilray

The one field thing gets brutal at tourneys. It always seems to end up behind, too.

I’ve never played in a wood bat tourney, but now that I’ll qualify for over 40 next summer, might be time to get in the firemens one…

They were truly wood bats - no composite handles allowed. I was hoping to finally have a reason to swing the Corndog I own in a game, but everyone basically had to use the supplied bats.

It was fun, but not sure I'd want to do it in a 1-field-format again. 🤣

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Terry and I had Maniax' winners bracket semi game and I had the bases for the winners bracket final. They played well but those Amish boys made no defensive mistakes in that game. 8:20 central for the third place game this morning.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Terry and I had Maniax' winners bracket semi game and I had the bases for the winners bracket final. They played well but those Amish boys made no defensive mistakes in that game. 8:20 central for the third place game this morning.
Are the Hornets another one of the Amish teams?

They’re always pretty enjoyable to watch.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Are the Hornets another one of the Amish teams?

They’re always pretty enjoyable to watch.
Yes, they won E worlds in 2020 by run ruling everyone. Half the roster is those guys and half are new. They play with roofX and those guys regularly at home.

Beauner

Starting Player
Minnesota teams at D worlds are out.
GGM won game 1 and was rewarded with playing the #3 seed and lost by 3 and their losers bracket game was against the #2 seed and lost by 4.

I believe Royalty and Crystal VFW also won their opener and then lost their next two.
651 lost their first game but won their next two before getting knocked out.
Karma went 0-2.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Hopefully one of these years a Minnesota team can make a strong run in D. I can’t remember a D team going on a run since the sandbagging around here was super strong.

Also, playing last night was rough. Cold and windy.