Minnesota Thread

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Anything with a stamp. Old school Ultras would be allowed, probably a whole lot of the banned Suncoasts out there last weekend. Balls are hit your own Dudley, anything less than a .47 COR. The pitcher that got hit was in the hospital but expected to be OK.

Beauner

Starting Player
That and if you played in AWS/NCS before they go based on your ranking in that association. So you never get bumped if your team doesn't win basically.
When we were out there last year we played a team in the D bracket that supposedly had 7 USSSA B cards (I forget the name, we were talking to somebody after our game with them that played against them all the time in summer and he told us they had 7 B cards and the rest were C and D).
If you've never played AWS/NCS they go based on your USSSA ranking to rank you initially. If you didn't have a USSSA ranking they assigned you to whatever bracket your team was playing.

Supposedly Mooch plays out there in D every year. I don't remember seeing him when I played it but we were knocked out late Saturday night.

basilray

Feels like we're due for some more drama now that we're into 2024.

So far, only noteworthy thing I've seen is Lyf jumping from Anarchy to Monsta, which was unexpected and interesting.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans

So far, only noteworthy thing I've seen is Lyf jumping from Anarchy to Monsta, which was unexpected and interesting.
I was under the impression Lyf was a partial owner in Anarchy. Guess not though.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet

I think it’s from last week, but there’s that long post where the utrip director calls out a dude. That was something. Oofda.

mntrash

Ggm may be actually playing C this year. Picked up Aj Coleman, Frankie Jacobson, Tyler D., Branham, bickel, and sounds like maybe McDonald. There is like three branch off teams of GGM, new Era, Anton Arrigonis new team, James H. team. Can’t keep guys around

rmothes

Star Player
I'm hoping the new C GGM wants in for Siren upper this spring. I've got a spot for them and 1 of their D branch offs can still have a spot in the D/E tourney. Was told stoop already planned in for Siren again, so hopefully that's not a management issue.
It's weird feeling at the start of January like spring was so close, then we finally get snow and cold now it feels so far away.

wildthing81

Sounds like stoops management had it out
They had in out in like 2014ish as well, I remember playing state with Stoop, Turbes was running the team, hacker wasnt around, I believe they got back together in 2015. Its honestly too bad, because they came together to win a B national and have been around since 2010 together starting as Wicked Sports.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
They had in out in like 2014ish as well, I remember playing state with Stoop, Turbes was running the team, hacker wasnt around, I believe they got back together in 2015. Its honestly too bad, because they came together to win a B national and have been around since 2010 together starting as Wicked Sports.
This one seems permanent from the tone and publicity

cheee

Diamond Dawg
Haven’t been on this page in years 🤣
Nice to see it’s still alive. Looking to see if any E teams in the area of MN wanna travel to Perham MN for a one day cash tournament. Message me and I can directly chat with you. Thanks 7014291449

✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻

Attachments

• image000000.png
    image000000.png
    251 KB · Views: 2

basilray

I flirted w/ playing Perham last year. In-laws are up there, but if I went up there to play ball instead of socializing w/ the in-laws, I'd need to have a divorce attorney on speed dial.

Doubly so this year, as the in-law family camping event is the same weekend as Fireman's. 😂

basilray

Last week I was taking BP outside in a t-shirt, and today I made my kids put on reasonable jackets to leave the house.

Thanks, Minnesota.

I'm ready to be out there playing already!

Beauner

Starting Player
Everyone was six to midnight about the season starting on time, maybe even early, and then…nope.
The forecast for the next 7 days shows temps back up into the mid and upper 40s by Friday/Saturday. Hell I've seen reports that all the snow we're getting now might be gone by tomorrow because its supposed to be near 40 and the snow turning to rain.

I can't imagine that it will take nearly as long for the frost line to rise this year since we got so little snow and not too many stretches of significant cold. Hell it may already be out. Which would allow cities/complexes to get out and work on the fields as long as they are dry enough for the machinery to not dig up the ground.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got my first tournament in WI on Saturday. Playing from 8am until 10pm in Mauston, turf fields at least. Then I'll be making a stop in Rosemount for the 9-5 on the 13th.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The forecast for the next 7 days shows temps back up into the mid and upper 40s by Friday/Saturday. Hell I've seen reports that all the snow we're getting now might be gone by tomorrow because its supposed to be near 40 and the snow turning to rain.

I can't imagine that it will take nearly as long for the frost line to rise this year since we got so little snow and not too many stretches of significant cold. Hell it may already be out. Which would allow cities/complexes to get out and work on the fields as long as they are dry enough for the machinery to not dig up the ground.
I hope so. I’d love to get out and hit a bit before the season starts.

Even though I’m really just playing league this summer, the level of **** talking I would get if those first couple AB’s are a disaster…oh no.