Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
This board is dead, whats the softball scoops out there going on?
I’m making the move from average player who plays the occasional tournament to average player who plays league.

Still hope to mix in a tournament or two, but we’ll see how the schedules shake out. No more being in charge.

I saw the bump list, too. Probably the smallest one I can remember in like 15 years.

wildthing81

I’m making the move from average player who plays the occasional tournament to average player who plays league.

Still hope to mix in a tournament or two, but we’ll see how the schedules shake out. No more being in charge.

I saw the bump list, too. Probably the smallest one I can remember in like 15 years.

Running a team is tough work, I did it full time for one year, years ago and hated it. I helped out Northwoods when I wasnt in the line-up and our pitcher who coaches was in the line-up. Its a tough deal, rarely is everyone happy, I get tired of baby sitting grown men at times, listening to the complaining, bitching and moaning by some for mound visits to slow the game down or trying to make the batter think some when we really need an out, everyone has an opinion, rarely are any of them right.

I've pitched for years and years, I am pretty good at strategy of the game and knowing offensive and defensive tendencies, its something you pick up when you pitch and been around the game for along time as I have, but listening to people ***** and moan constantly while I'm volunteering my time away from my wife and kids is difficult.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Anything with a stamp. Old school Ultras would be allowed, probably a whole lot of the banned Suncoasts out there last weekend. Balls are hit your own Dudley, anything less than a .47 COR. The pitcher that got hit was in the hospital but expected to be OK.

Beauner

Starting Player
That and if you played in AWS/NCS before they go based on your ranking in that association. So you never get bumped if your team doesn't win basically.
When we were out there last year we played a team in the D bracket that supposedly had 7 USSSA B cards (I forget the name, we were talking to somebody after our game with them that played against them all the time in summer and he told us they had 7 B cards and the rest were C and D).
If you've never played AWS/NCS they go based on your USSSA ranking to rank you initially. If you didn't have a USSSA ranking they assigned you to whatever bracket your team was playing.

Supposedly Mooch plays out there in D every year. I don't remember seeing him when I played it but we were knocked out late Saturday night.

basilray

Feels like we're due for some more drama now that we're into 2024.

So far, only noteworthy thing I've seen is Lyf jumping from Anarchy to Monsta, which was unexpected and interesting.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans

So far, only noteworthy thing I've seen is Lyf jumping from Anarchy to Monsta, which was unexpected and interesting.
I was under the impression Lyf was a partial owner in Anarchy. Guess not though.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet

I think it’s from last week, but there’s that long post where the utrip director calls out a dude. That was something. Oofda.

mntrash

Ggm may be actually playing C this year. Picked up Aj Coleman, Frankie Jacobson, Tyler D., Branham, bickel, and sounds like maybe McDonald. There is like three branch off teams of GGM, new Era, Anton Arrigonis new team, James H. team. Can’t keep guys around

rmothes

Star Player
I'm hoping the new C GGM wants in for Siren upper this spring. I've got a spot for them and 1 of their D branch offs can still have a spot in the D/E tourney. Was told stoop already planned in for Siren again, so hopefully that's not a management issue.
It's weird feeling at the start of January like spring was so close, then we finally get snow and cold now it feels so far away.

wildthing81

Sounds like stoops management had it out
They had in out in like 2014ish as well, I remember playing state with Stoop, Turbes was running the team, hacker wasnt around, I believe they got back together in 2015. Its honestly too bad, because they came together to win a B national and have been around since 2010 together starting as Wicked Sports.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
They had in out in like 2014ish as well, I remember playing state with Stoop, Turbes was running the team, hacker wasnt around, I believe they got back together in 2015. Its honestly too bad, because they came together to win a B national and have been around since 2010 together starting as Wicked Sports.
This one seems permanent from the tone and publicity