Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
A&B goes down to the MN Sox 17-14 in game one. Bats went cold after the fifth inning. Aided by a couple missed calls by the umps.
It's ok, A&B got a missed call in their favor on a double play the next game :)

We lost to Gordy's then A&B. A couple of solid squads, and fun teams to play.

Beauner

Starting Player
It's ok, A&B got a missed call in their favor on a double play the next game :)

We lost to Gordy's then A&B. A couple of solid squads, and fun teams to play.
I noticed Gordy's had a couple of pickups from teams that folded. They were already a pretty decent team.

Beauner

Starting Player
We went 1-2. Played Rounders in game 1 and lost 10-9. Rounders defense absolutely stole that game. Right fielder came from out of nowhere to rob extra bases and two runs from us to end the 2nd inning, middle infielder made two diving stops in a row to get force outs (one to end the inning) that robbed at least 2 runs from us. Their 2B made a diving play to end the 5th inning that saved another run.
I'd say we outhit them for basically the entire game but their defense was absolutely phenomenal and that cost us.
Won the next game against Ellingson Co. before we ran out of gas and bats went cold. Frustrating weekend. Think we deserved better than we got with the way we played.

Beauner

Starting Player
Final 4 at D South: On1/DF vs. Malecha in loser's bracket. Outdoorsmen and Rogotzke Fishing in undefeated final.
D North has XPress v. B&G in the undefeated final. AMEC/Jeb and Reckless were the other teams in the final 4 of the winner's bracket.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I noticed Gordy's had a couple of pickups from teams that folded. They were already a pretty decent team.
They were solid. I would have loved to have given them a better test than we did. They didn't pull away until the 5th inning.

We lost out. Such a crap game. Pretty disappointing to lose out because of mental errors and guys taking horrible at bats.
I know that feeling.

Final 4 at D South: On1/DF vs. Malecha in loser's bracket. Outdoorsmen and Rogotzke Fishing in undefeated final.
D North has XPress v. B&G in the undefeated final. AMEC/Jeb and Reckless were the other teams in the final 4 of the winner's bracket.
Pretty much the list of who is getting bumped to C next year, wouldn't you think?

Beauner

Starting Player
North: Reckless double dipped B&G for the chip. XPress finishes 3rd.

South: Outdoorsmen goes undefeated, beating On1 for the chip. Rogotzke finishes 3rd.

BFN1988

I play for Rounders Beau and I appreciate the compliments. You guys played a good game and luckily our defense gave us the opportunity to win that game. You guys had a couple guys who were automatic. Sadly for us our bats never showed up all weekend. Lots of good teams, lots of huge upsets and a lot of fun.

Beauner

Starting Player
I play for Rounders Beau and I appreciate the compliments. You guys played a good game and luckily our defense gave us the opportunity to win that game. You guys had a couple guys who were automatic. Sadly for us our bats never showed up all weekend. Lots of good teams, lots of huge upsets and a lot of fun.
I'm still trying to figure out how your right fielder caught that ball down the line where he almost doubled our runner off at 1B. That dude flew like 50 feet in half a second to snag it. Came from out of nowhere. One of the best plays I've seen in a long time.

BFN1988

I'm still trying to figure out how your right fielder caught that ball down the line where he almost doubled our runner off at 1B. That dude flew like 50 feet in half a second to snag it. Came from out of nowhere. One of the best plays I've seen in a long time.

I agree 100 percent. If he misses that ball you guys had a very good chance of scoring 3 runs. Obviously there were some teams there who were very impressive. For the most part though I felt every team was where they were supposed to be and made for a fun and competitive tournament

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
We played against both, but mostly 5 man.
One highlight of the weekend....turning a triple play Saturday night vs On 1, so cool!
Around the horn, or a different kind?

Triple plays are fun to watch. We turned one at state last year.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Results after state:

Maximus Decimus (EAI) - 107
Squeakslang3 (Reckless) - 104
Yoke (Horsemen) - 102
rmothes - 95
Jimbo81 (Marshall Area Homes) - 94
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsman) - 94
tsfingrocks (LJ's) - 92
Chembry (Horsemen) - 90
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 87
mnballer (Dewey's) - 86
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 83
bl19 (Precision) - 78
Beauner (Clive's) - 71
thelastsamurai (Willy McCoy's) - 33
Sixes (Frank's Butchers) - 25
Healthbook10 - 11
Bob Vance - 8
Jroc - 8

mnballer with the 10 point week because he picked both winners, and Sjoquist getting 10 points for picking a winner and being a winner.

I think all there is this weekend is Utrip A worlds, isn't it? Let's do that one, but there is only one pick. No local and national thing like we can do for most of the rest. I'll post the brackets when they go up (probably tomorrow).

rmothes

Star Player
What no love for me picking the two state winners?!? Congrats to both teams, I knew when Sjoquist said they'd have everybody for state they were the team to beat and nobody could do it.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
What no love for me picking the two state winners?!? Congrats to both teams, I knew when Sjoquist said they'd have everybody for state they were the team to beat and nobody could do it.
I gave you the right points, but gave the wrong person the recognition.

The picks game committee apologizes.

rmothes

Star Player
That's ok, I usually like to keep a low profile and lurk in the shadows. I won't call for the heads of any on the committee. If you feel an internal review is necessary that is your call, but I have moved past the incident.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
USSSA A Worlds: Bay Area Legends

"Hit it out of this dump!"
I wish that dude still played for them, just so I could hear his girlfriend yelling all game. She's my favorite. "I see you working bus driver!"

I also just looked it up, and there is the MN Conference Tournament of Champions this weekend. I don't know what that is, but it's this weekend. Picks for that, too.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans

I wish I could say the same thing for nationals, missing a few