Minnesota Thread

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
We finished T-8 at McQuades. Two typical losses. One game 10 errors the other 7 Runs. It's pretty crazy to see 12 games going on at one time just at our complex. Two other complexs that we didn't even get to see because we lost our first game. You wouldn't know softball is dieing if you go this tourney.

Solid run for you guys after losing the first game.

This was our first McQuades and that is a FUN tournament. The atmosphere is beyond anything we have locally. I've never seen kegs and so many coolers being pulled around on carts. We were fortunate enough to have later games Friday and Saturday at the main complex. Our 8:30pm Saturday game against Russell's was one of the most fun games I've been part of. There were a TON of people around the whole field. Fans down the foul lines were pouring beer into the Russell's RFer's mouth every inning he went out. Our CF shotgunnned a beer with some people standing out near him. My only complaint about that game was the umpire crew. The home plate umpire was totally unapproachable and wanted to call time limit. He tried telling us it was the last inning with 13 minutes left on the clock. We ended up losing by 2 runs in 6 innings because of time limit. Rules are rules, but that stung a bit. Overall, it was an awesome experience.

wildthing81

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before, or will see it again.

My brother in the Harvest fest one year got a double out of a ball that didnt make it to the pitchers mound. It had pored rain all night and the field was darn near under water, we started playing at 11pm and it started raining hard again, couldnt even see home plate. My bro slapped the ball into this huge puddle, the pitcher went to field the ball and slipped and fell into the large puddle. I've honestly never seen a double again where the ball never left the infield. Scotty Dunn RIP was playing with us that weekend as well.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!

This was our first McQuades and that is a FUN tournament. The atmosphere is beyond anything we have locally. I've never seen kegs and so many coolers being pulled around on carts. We were fortunate enough to have later games Friday and Saturday at the main complex. Our 8:30pm Saturday game against Russell's was one of the most fun games I've been part of. There were a TON of people around the whole field. Fans down the foul lines were pouring beer into the Russell's RFer's mouth every inning he went out. Our CF shotgunnned a beer with some people standing out near him. My only complaint about that game was the umpire crew. The home plate umpire was totally unapproachable and wanted to call time limit. He tried telling us it was the last inning with 13 minutes left on the clock. We ended up losing by 2 runs in 6 innings because of time limit. Rules are rules, but that stung a bit. Overall, it was an awesome experience.

The rules seemed to be different for everyone. You'll get that with 200 different umps. We had no time limits, umps that were approachable, but zero drinking if your team was in a game. Didn't matter if you left the dugout. Otherwise we were free to do whatever.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
The rules seemed to be different for everyone. You'll get that with 200 different umps. We had no time limits, umps that were approachable, but zero drinking if your team was in a game. Didn't matter if you left the dugout. Otherwise we were free to do whatever.

That's disappointing to hear the time limit thing. That Russell's game was an absolute blast and we felt we had a real chance of beating them had we played 7 innings.

I will say, most of the weekend the umps were super approachable as long as you were respectful. It was just the one guy behind the plate in the Russell's game.

That's super weird to hear that there was no drinking in the game. Especially considering the environment there centers around drinking.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
I heard Kaposia was a split between Chucks and GAF because of "weather". It sounds like they may not have been able to play the championship.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
So many tourneys, and a lot of people made some good picks.

Nothing this weekend. There is probably a conference tournament, but let's take the week off. Back at it next week.

Weekly Standings:
Chembry - 23
Beauner - 23
Maximus - 21
thelastsamurai - 18
Bell - 17 (3rd place team point)
Yoke - 16
mnballer - 13

Season Standings (and weeks won):
Chembry (McPete's) - 113 (5)
Maximus (Longhorns) - 109 (6)
Beauner (Swing Nation) - 105 (4)
thelastsamurai - 101 (2)
Bell (Silverbacks) - 95 (1)
mnballer (Dewey’s) - 92 (4)
Yoke (McPete's) - 90 (3)
TS (Longhorns) - 16

Rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter

Was happy to see some bigger Minnesota teams make the trek to McQuades. I have played in every major tourney in MN, SD, ND and there is nothing like McQuades games at Clem Kelly (main complex) so I'm glad you got to experience that. A few years ago I played with MMB vs Russell's on Friday night and it was the coolest thing ever having thousands of people root for you (anyone playing against Russell's will usually have the fans rooting for them, ha).

This year my new team, Smith Motors, got moved to Mandan since that was where class D was, and while the atmosphere isn't the same, its still a blast of a tourney. Hopefully you guys (Silverbacks, Longhorns, etc.) Make it back next year because its always a good time.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Any of you guys looking to get some swings in tonight? Could use one at Evergreen in Brooklyn Center at 8:20/9:20.

Doesn’t matter what position. We’ll make it work.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Any of you guys looking to get some swings in tonight? Could use one at Evergreen in Brooklyn Center at 8:20/9:20.

Doesn’t matter what position. We’ll make it work.
We’re covered now. Go to Waconia :)

Missing our best players tonight. At least we already have a terrible league record, and it’s impossible to get worse.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Tourneys for the picks game next week are Litchfield, Pan O Prog and the Smokey. I didn’t see anything else going on.

Beauner

Starting Player
Pan-o-Prog bracket. If/when I find a full bracket I'll post it

Attachments

• IMG3350501072449739118.jpg
    IMG3350501072449739118.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 16
  • FB_IMG_1625752293268.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625752293268.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 11
  • FB_IMG_1625752296442.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625752296442.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 11

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Here’s the Litchfield bracket. The full thing is on the MN Slowpitch Facebook page, too.

Attachments

• 9104359E-A014-476B-B512-28F915D73E22.jpeg
    9104359E-A014-476B-B512-28F915D73E22.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 18