MLB Hot Stove

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Pitchers leave. They always leave. So, just try and outscore them is the best game plan they have.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Derek Jeter's Tampa home

image.jpg

hrdchrgin13

Are Bagwell and Raines really good enough to be HOFers?

I like them both and they both had good careers, but really?

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel like the HOF is getting watered down. Was Bagwell ever even a top 5 player in his era? I don't want to look up his stats because I am sure they are great, but he played in a hitter's ballpark his whole career and also in an era when everyone was hitting 40+ bombs.

If writers are now letting steroid guys in I'd prefer McGwire to Bagwell. McGwire put asses in the seats and had that HR rivalry with Sosa and Bonds for a few years. He did more for baseball than Bagwell ever did. And Biggio getting in last year was a joke too.

There needs to be a separate HOF for guys like Ruth, Aaron, Mays, Ted Williams, Nolan Ryan, etc.

ntz

tricknollegy
i don't see how these **** head writes can say oh well bonds took steroids but bagwell didn't. that's ****ing stupid, **** them, **** them right in their ****ty asses

Morris

The Rookie
They were all on steroids you stupid ****. They still are on **** too. Everyday something is made that isn't detected, once it is, on to the next one.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
then you've got the guys who vote for Edgar Renteria, Tim Wakefield, Garret Anderson, Mike Sweeney, etc

3XC

Big Truss
He also threw at Chris Hoiles and broke his hand in the middle of an MVP-ish season.

1993, 1.001 OPS as a catcher, .310/.416/.585 slash line, Howe throws at him and injures him intentionally.

Long before Fatbathia threw at Markakis on purpose with intent to injure, Yankees pitchers were throwing at guys. Howe is trash. Nobody should ever feel sorry for unrepentant addicts.

ntz

tricknollegy
the bbwaa are collectively the most loathsome haughty dip****s in the history of time

hedge

life takes guts
Didn't Raines get blacklisted by owners for half of a season? He was due for a contract extension and the owner went to other owners and told them not to sign him