MLB regular season thread

Stretch19

Grow up
Big, big day for the middle of that O's order. I'm legitimately shocked at their start to 2016.

their start offensively isnt that big of a surprise...but outside of the start yesterday vs the sox, their starting rotation has been lights out, thats been a huge shock for sure

3XC

Big Truss
Lights out, maybe not. "Effective" is more apt descriptor.

Jimenez needs to build on his success and have a fast start like the year he was killing it for the Rockies. Even the most doe eyed optimist O's homer fans don't think Jimenez will be consistent, the hope is that we get "good Ubaldo" for as long as possible before his mechanics go to ****.

Tillman, well, if his velocity stays where it is, he can give the O's a chance every time he pitches. I expect 1-2 of his 33-34 starts to be 2 inning unravelings, but hey, he ain't Greg Maddux.

Wright, Worley, Wilson, etc. = hope one of these hacks can step up like Miguel in 2012 and surprise us.

Gallardo, we pretty much saw what we're getting yesterday. Just get him 6-7 runs of support and you'll win half his starts.

Gausman, who knows. Mercurial. We shall see. I don't think he starts 25 games. We'll see 10 good starts, 10 bad starts, and 5 incompletes. Of his 10 good starts, one or two will be tantalizing 8 inning, 100 pitch, 10 strikeout 0 walk performances where he is throwing 98 and everything is dancing and he's untouchable.

Stretch19

Grow up
regarding their starting rotation...

Through Week 1, their 2.28 ERA is the second best in baseball. They’ve walked fewer batters as a unit (six) than Felix Hernandez (seven) or Dallas Keuchel (10), and are fanning batters at a rate of 10.65 per nine innings, second best in the AL.

thats pretty damn lights out as far as im concerned

it's a 162 game season and every moron in MD is acting like the O's just won the world series after 6 games...by the end of may the same "fans" won't even know their record

Stretch19

Grow up
id rather start 6-0 than anything else though...not saying its going to continue b/c i doubt the starting pitching holds up like it has...but if the pitching keeps giving 3 or less runs like they have in 5 of the first 6 games, thats going to lead to some good success id think

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
first AL East team to start 6-10 since like 93 or some ****

Every team besides Tampa is built the same. Good offense, no pitching.

Stretch19

Grow up
last time O's were 5-0 was 1970 when the won the WS...last AL East team to start 6-0 was the 92 Jays...they won the WS

pretty safe to say theres no need to continue the rest of the season, O's are gonna win the WS

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Bryce doing Bryce things

Screen-Shot-2016-04-12-at-8.27.50-AM-320x190.png

Stretch19

Grow up
Chris Davis' HR vs. Craig Kimbrel was the first ever off Kimbrel with runners in scoring position. It only took 7 years & 303 PAs!

3XC

Big Truss
Who gives a **** what Bryce Harper does or doesn't do? He's in the National League. I'm much more worried about what players on the Jays, Rays, Red Sox, and Yankees do or do not do.

Harper is largely irrelevant to the Orioles. This is the Orioles thread, right?

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
Who gives a **** what Bryce Harper does or doesn't do? He's in the National League. I'm much more worried about what players on the Jays, Rays, Red Sox, and Yankees do or do not do.

Harper is largely irrelevant to the Orioles. This is the Orioles thread, right?

Did I mention he is 23?

3XC

Big Truss
There can't be an Orioles thread without LL, you know that.

The last I heard he no showed for work to see a Women's World Cup preliminary round game and was never seen again.

Currently living as a lesbian in Winnipeg under the name Cheri-Berri Concepcion.