Monsta vs Demarini (I know... not again)

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
A simple search brings up this video comparison.

X6RZok.gif

WarHorse

Star Player
Someone said dildo deathmatch and now I'm back and 100% interested in this post.

Jesus those things are as flexy-floppy as the Monsta 2500 handles and the Juggys.

Hogrider

The key to a good tomahawk is to yell "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER" when you swing. Instantly adds 50 feet to the drive and strikes fear into the hearts of the infield.
Sweet Jesus... This is the kind of info I have been seeking... Thank you!

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
All comes down to money. Stop wasting your time spending money on customer svc. when you can get just as hot Combats or older bats on the secondary market for a third of what you pay for Demarini/Miken/Monsta bats.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
The key to a good tomahawk is to yell "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER" when you swing. Instantly adds 50 feet to the drive and strikes fear into the hearts of the infield.

Holy ground highlander ! Remember what Ramirez taught you. This is great. Gonna give the highlander tomahawk a go next game.

Party mafia

Holy ground highlander ! Remember what Ramirez taught you. This is great. Gonna give the highlander tomahawk a go next game.
make sure you swing the Monsta bat in one hand and holding a monsta drink on ther other hand before you do the tomahawk chop. :)

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
glad you came back 6 months later to say something as dumb as that

I commented just to see if you would respond with your usual "Unnnh, Grog say that was a dumb comment". Mission accomplished. Or I could have started a new thread for you to chime in with your usual "Unnnh, Grog say only a hundred threads on this subject already".

Seriously, several Combats are at or at best marginally higher compression failure thresholds, so oooooh, there must some other "magic" that Monsta and Demarini have that make them so much better to propel the ball further and faster than the maximum BBS of 98 mph after they leave the barrel. Maybe that's why they named one of the Demarini lines Voodoo. Totally worth paying 2-3 times more than what is necessary to achieve the same result.

Bats are just like cell phones, wait a generation or two, and you can get them real cheap. Except for Demarini/Monsta/Miken, they are like the Apple or Honda of the bat market, overhyped and overpriced, even on the secondary market.

You must be a Demarini or Monsta rep now, eh Joker? Go, Joker, GO!!

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
I commented just to see if you would respond with your usual "Unnnh, Grog say that was a dumb comment". Mission accomplished. Or I could have started a new thread for you to chime in with your usual "Unnnh, Grog say only a hundred threads on this subject already".

Seriously, several Combats are at or at best marginally higher compression failure thresholds, so oooooh, there must some other "magic" that Monsta and Demarini have that make them so much better to propel the ball further and faster than the maximum BBS of 98 mph after they leave the barrel. Maybe that's why they named one of the Demarini lines Voodoo. Totally worth paying 2-3 times more than what is necessary to achieve the same result.

Bats are just like cell phones, wait a generation or two, and you can get them real cheap. Except for Demarini/Monsta/Miken, they are like the Apple or Honda of the bat market, overhyped and overpriced, even on the secondary market.

Reps play softball...

This dude will never learn...

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
This dude will never learn...

New member with 5 posts, and I will never learn? First hit with my $50 '15 Easton Baker last night with less than 100 hits was off the fence, next one was a laser HR that didn't get more than 15 ft off the ground, and it's not even "broken in". So go ahead and keep overpaying for performance. Apparently you will never learn.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
New member with 5 posts, and I will never learn? First hit with my $50 '15 Easton Baker last night with less than 100 hits was off the fence, next one was a laser HR that didn't get more than 15 ft off the ground, and it's not even "broken in". So go ahead and keep overpaying for performance. Apparently you will never learn.

Eastons do perfectly fine with .52s. Even stiff ones that aren't broken in. All my ASA bats are Eastons..... and they hang with Monstas and Demarinis just fine.

I meant to quote the post with Carl's reply and my comment was directed at how he handled it.
So no offense to you but thank you for telling me how manly you are for swinging that Easton so hard! ;)
I have swung every type of bat out there. I have Miken, Easton, Louisville and Worth in my bag right now (Play ASA and USSSA so never enough bats). It all comes down to personal preference. Some of the hardest line drives I've hit have been with my $90 Z4. Still not my all time favorite bat but gets the job done.

Country469

lol making **** up to impress guys on a message board. Lets see who you play with on the weekends then big shot? post a team up or something?

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
lol making **** up to impress guys on a message board. Lets see who you play with on the weekends then big shot? post a team up or something?

Yup, I'm lying because I need to impress someone like you or Joker, suuuure. :rolleyes: Why do I need a team pic? Does that somehow make the truth any truthier (thanks Stephen Colbert)?

Only so many ways to pitch the ball, and you can be an A team tops in ASA, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference when the ball goes over the same 300' fence. I'm lucky to be an E player, just a 1 day a week rec leaguer, and I can still hit it like that with a bat I paid $50 for. Sure, you can say sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while, yada yada yada. I know, I know, 'video or it didn't happen', blah blah blah.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
I meant to quote the post with Carl's reply and my comment was directed at how he handled it.
So no offense to you but thank you for telling me how manly you are for swinging that Easton so hard! ;)
I have swung every type of bat out there. I have Miken, Easton, Louisville and Worth in my bag right now (Play ASA and USSSA so never enough bats). It all comes down to personal preference. Some of the hardest line drives I've hit have been with my $90 Z4. Still not my all time favorite bat but gets the job done.

No problemo. Agreed on the personal preference, IMO, find it funny people always want to point out the most expensive bats on the market as the best.