mrs hatemail is upset...

hatemail

Starting Player
wife came home from her teams preseason meeting and shes pretty well pissedoff. which isnt good for hatemail. :( shes upset that their team manager has asked everyone on the team to "donate " an extra $50 to go towards team bats. my wife stepped up and said it was way too much besides there are only 3 or 4 girls that dont have their own bats. my wife suggessted maybe 20 which would be a total of $280 which is enough to get 2 pretty decent team bats. team manager tells my wife that they want to get 2 NIW bats from the SA. wife and 4 of her friends on the team say theyre only paying 20....its not their fault people dont have their own gear. wife tells team mgr shes not paying $50 to buy someone elses bats since she swings her own (which is one of my OG freaks).

dont know what to tell her but im glad she stood her ground...LOL

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans
wife came home from her teams preseason meeting and shes pretty well pissedoff. which isnt good for hatemail. :( shes upset that their team manager has asked everyone on the team to "donate " an extra $50 to go towards team bats. my wife stepped up and said it was way too much besides there are only 3 or 4 girls that dont have their own bats. my wife suggessted maybe 20 which would be a total of $280 which is enough to get 2 pretty decent team bats. team manager tells my wife that they want to get 2 NIW bats from the SA. wife and 4 of her friends on the team say theyre only paying 20....its not their fault people dont have their own gear. wife tells team mgr shes not paying $50 to buy someone elses bats since she swings her own (which is one of my OG freaks).

dont know what to tell her but im glad she stood her ground...LOL

$50 bucks screw that...she has her own bat.

Why dont you donate one to the team...you have enough...LOL

Combat28Mech

Addicted to Softballfans
agreed thats usually my team dues I just buy a new bat or two and donate my old ones to the "Team" stash....we have a few guys that don't buy their own but most of us have at least 2 if not more....I still cough up some money when needed for entry fees and uni's and stuff but not for bats....we have enough of those between all the guys and the few of us that donate to the "Team" collection that I wouldn't pay the money either. If it was for softballs or something like that I could see it

KannonsDad

**** you
If someone has made a long term commitment to a team, why couldn't they save $20 a month for a year and buy their own bat. I will never understand

tonto408

Extra Hitter
we all pitched in 15 bux and bought a fulk as team bat... if u dont have a bat u use the team bat not that hard. 50 is crazy talk

onecrutch

manager
i cant....my wife kinda took them from my stash as her own....wait, did you think i gave them to her TEAM? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes I did. Sorry.
That's better.
Now you should tell your wife not to share her bat with anyone else.

Team bats are great if you are just starting. New team with a lot of newbies. But if you are with players that have played the game long enough than you should have your own bat. I don't understand players without there own bats.

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans
agreed. i told my wife to tell her mgr that id sell them a NIW cnt+ri for 150 but she told me ...dont sell them ****! yikes...:eek:

Oh, I see...sell your wifes mgr one but wouldnt part with one the other night when I asked you...LOL

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Have u met the women of womens softball? Husbands are an endangered species.

Hesheshould have said it was a commitment fee to pay for leagues/ tourneys you lazy biznatchs.

Have you met the people who run their mouths about MMA without knowing what they are spewing?

Edit...yep, you are the founding member

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
How about those 3-4 girls buy their own ****? I would quit a team ran like this. The mngr just wants some free bats :)

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
If they can't afford their own equipment, then they don't need to be playing. Im sure as hell not paying for something for someone else to abuse.

jessie

Real solution #11
The mngr just wants some free bats :)

this ^^^^^^ bet he used the team bats as his own for men's league. my question would be do the sponsors go with the manager? if he's not bringing in sponsorship $$ your wife and her friends should boot this doosher and bring in another manager. if he is bringing in league fees and such your wife and friends should part ways and find/start another team if unhappy. just my 0.02